College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Same here, I completely crapped up the Maryland/Xavier/FSU/FGCU group, but other than that I missed two or three but nothing that goes beyond the second round*.

*I refuse to call the current round the second round. It's the first round goddammit!
    It's back to the first round again. Might have been last year too.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      It's quite droll how you are so unaware of your own sexism while you are so aggrieved whenever you think you see racism in someone else....
      I wasn't linking it for the truth of the matter asserted. I linked it because any time there's an opportunity to reference one of the all time funniest episodes of television ever created, I'm going to take it.

That and the fact you almost quoted the fundamentals line word for word without even knowing it makes it that much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The only one I missed yesterday was Virginia. In my past that means I'll only get 9/16 today.
        15/16 yesterday too, missed Notre Dame. Means I'll go 8/16 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I wasn't linking it for the truth of the matter asserted. I linked it because any time there's an opportunity to reference one of the all time funniest episodes of television ever created, I'm going to take it.

That and the fact you almost quoted the fundamentals line word for word without even knowing it makes it that much better.
          It's sad I didn't even click on the link because I knew exactly what the video was going to be. Such a great episode.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            It's sad I didn't even click on the link because I knew exactly what the video was going to be. Such a great episode.
            A reference made that much better by Fishy not having a sense of humor.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2016-17: Destination Phoenix

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              It's quite droll how you are so unaware of your own sexism while you are so aggrieved whenever you think you see racism in someone else....
              So you would prefer he make jokes based on character and real situations, not random zaniness?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                So you would prefer he make jokes based on character and real situations, not random zaniness?
                Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                if you're gonna bring the funny, don't miss.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  A reference made that much better by Fishy not having a sense of humor.
                  and here I thought I was joking in reply...oh well.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Michigan barely survives, escapes with 1-point win.

Comment

...and with Arkansas beating Seton Hall, our last perfect bracket goes down. Two people are now 18 out of 19 (42 brackets total).

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        and here I thought I was joking in reply...oh well.
                        Yeah no. The key is to not sound like a whiny brat.

Also timing.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Yeah no. The key is to not sound like a whiny brat.

Also timing.
                          fair points. also, there is a difference between "humor" and satire. Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal is seen as biting satire, though it is not necessarily "humor."

Comment

Nice to see men's teams able to make free throws when it counts. I think URI just hit something like 24 in a row.

Alaska is the only state that has never had a school even play in the NCAA tournament.

Wyoming won the tournament in 1943; Utah won in 1944 (over Dartmouth in OT). At that time, there were 8 teams.

Here is a bit of trivia: what is the only time a #16 seed beat a #1 seed in the Division I NCAA Basketball tournament?

(it is not "never").

Comment

Nice to see men's teams able to make free throws when it counts. I think URI just hit something like 24 in a row.

Alaska is the only state that has never had a school even play in the NCAA tournament.

Wyoming won the tournament in 1943; Utah won in 1944 (over Dartmouth in OT). At that time, there were 8 teams.

Here is a bit of trivia: what is the only time a #16 seed beat a #1 seed in the Division I NCAA Basketball tournament?

(it is not "never").
                              Harvard women beat Stanford women when the half of Stanford's starters were injured and Harvard was underseeded.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Well Division I yeah. UAA has finished in 2nd in Men's and Women's DII.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X