Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 306

Thread: Utica College 2016/2017

  1. #141
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,021

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  2. #142
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
    Most smart people take the time to learn and understand the process, not go by what someone thinks it should be...thanks for caring buddy.... go drown yourself in your KRACH if it makes you feel better come selection time when you're at home wondering why teams got in and didn't when the rules/process was right in front of you to read and understand (maybe) but you'd rather submerge yourself in the hogwash KRACH false advertising brought to you by the Fishman...what ever makes you feel better...

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Most smart people take the time to learn and understand the process, not go by what someone thinks it should be...thanks for caring buddy.... go drown yourself in your KRACH if it makes you feel better come selection time when you're at home wondering why teams got in and didn't when the rules/process was right in front of you to read and understand (maybe) but you'd rather submerge yourself in the hogwash KRACH false advertising brought to you by the Fishman...what ever makes you feel better...
    Wow....lets take a breath. I'm not sure how selection takes place. USCHO and D3 hockey polls hold no sway. KRATCH the same. But I guess the point is that people who DO try to predict things with their polls and stuff are taking notice of UC again, and if a UC fan, what's not to like about that? Will they make it? Who knows. They had a great start a weak middle and now on the upswing again. Of course I would love to see it happen as that home cooking would be FANtastic!!!

  4. #144
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,325

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by hue-z View Post
    Wow....lets take a breath. I'm not sure how selection takes place. USCHO and D3 hockey polls hold no sway. KRATCH the same. But I guess the point is that people who DO try to predict things with their polls and stuff are taking notice of UC again, and if a UC fan, what's not to like about that? Will they make it? Who knows. They had a great start a weak middle and now on the upswing again. Of course I would love to see it happen as that home cooking would be FANtastic!!!
    You need to understand the context here. One of your posters has insisted for years that that KRACH is the be-all-end-all of ratings even though the selection procedure has been explained to him a number of times. KRACH has nothing to the criteria for NCAA selection, which are Winning percentage, Strength of Schedule (Opponents' W-L-T record and Opponents' Opponents' W-L-T record), records against NCAA ranked teams, comparison against other teams with respect to head to head record and records against common opponents). These are the tools that the NCAA uses to develop their rankings, which will appear next week. The argument is because the person in question has had a long time to understand how the system works, but has not taken the effort to understand it, but falls back to citing KRACH.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  5. #145
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    You need to understand the context here. One of your posters has insisted for years that that KRACH is the be-all-end-all of ratings even though the selection procedure has been explained to him a number of times. KRACH has nothing to the criteria for NCAA selection, which are Winning percentage, Strength of Schedule (Opponents' W-L-T record and Opponents' Opponents' W-L-T record), records against NCAA ranked teams, comparison against other teams with respect to head to head record and records against common opponents). These are the tools that the NCAA uses to develop their rankings, which will appear next week. The argument is because the person in question has had a long time to understand how the system works, but has not taken the effort to understand it, but falls back to citing KRACH.


    You and PSUC love to say otherwise, but I have never said that the AL selections were based on the KRACH. All I've ever said is that, as of late, the selections have been very close to what that statistical model predicted. (And, Norwich is #1 in that metric, just as they so often were in yours, but with an actual body of transparent/logical evidence to support that ranking..! I'd think you'd be delighted, FCS.)

    Annoying trolls aside, fellow UC fans, our guys are on a roll. These games were against bad teams, but were important not to lose. UC would probably get one of the last Pool C spots if the season ended today. The W tourney will be a tough row to hoe, but a win-out there pretty-much guarantees a berth, IMO. Good to see Heenan letting the dogs run.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-11-2017 at 08:15 PM.

  6. #146
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
    Wow, you guys are sponsoring the tourney? Not very friendly. Welcome to Utica fellas.

  7. #147
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
    She's really Kellyanne Conway, Shabby. JSYK.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,470

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Wow, you guys are sponsoring the tourney? Not very friendly. Welcome to Utica fellas.
    I wonder what Schultz & Dooley would think....They were always friendly.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  9. #149
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    87

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Remember back in January when Oswego smoked Utica, that was fun. Never have I been so happy to have an opposing teams fan silenced. He was rude and highly inappropriate (same as the fans I've experienced attending games at the AUD). As well as their coach, highly inappropriate in his language used towards the team/refs/ uncalled for, not to mention his extremely dirty style of play which is clearly coached (lots of extra hits to the head after a player is checked down). I can say that the NCAA will most likely regret the decision to hold the frozen 4 there if their fan base comes out.

    Something definitely in the Utica Club and Matt's Beer out there, ever drank the stuff? It explains a lot.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,470

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    Remember back in January when Oswego smoked Utica, that was fun. Never have I been so happy to have an opposing teams fan silenced. He was rude and highly inappropriate (same as the fans I've experienced attending games at the AUD). As well as their coach, highly inappropriate in his language used towards the team/refs/ uncalled for, not to mention his extremely dirty style of play which is clearly coached (lots of extra hits to the head after a player is checked down). I can say that the NCAA will most likely regret the decision to hold the frozen 4 there if their fan base comes out.

    Something definitely in the Utica Club and Matt's Beer out there, ever drank the stuff? It explains a lot.
    Had my share of Maximus Super at College Beer Blasts back in the 70s....25 cents a can...packed a wallop !


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  11. #151
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Wow, here comes another wave of trolls... Will you feel better if we bake you a nice cake?

    Please go back where you came from. Oswego is a very good team that is likely (IMO) to wind-up in Utica. No one here has said otherwise. What's with the cheap shots?

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,057

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Changing the subject a bit...hotel recommendations for Frigid Four?
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  13. #153
    Its a Great Day for Hockey!
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,815

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    And Utica is your final ECAC-West regular season champion!
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2017 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,470

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Changing the subject a bit...hotel recommendations for Frigid Four?
    I did a search and there is a Days Inn less than a mile from the Aud


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  15. #155
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Changing the subject a bit...hotel recommendations for Frigid Four?
    Depends on what you want to spend, but the Red Roof is very handy to The Aud and to a bunch of eateries. Right off the Thruway, too. I have only stayed there out of, er, "convenience", but have found it to be clean, quiet and safe. (And cheap .)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.

  16. #156
    Its a Great Day for Hockey!
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,815

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Changing the subject a bit...hotel recommendations for Frigid Four?
    There has been quite a building splurge in the area between the thruway exit and the Aud, perhaps in (hopeful) preparation for NanoUtica. There is a newer Hampton Inn, a new Holiday Inn Express, and a new Fairfield Inn on north Genesee street. I am sure that they are on the pricey side, however. Downtown is the Radison and the (historic and perhaps haunted) Hotel Utica, both are walking distance to the Aud.
    Last edited by UCBadger; 02-11-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2017 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  17. #157
    Lakers Maritime Academy Grad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    415

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by UCBadger View Post
    There has been quite a building splurge in the area between the thruway exit and the Aud, perhaps in (hopeful) preparation for NanoUtica. There is a newer Hampton Inn, a new Holiday Inn Express, and a new Fairfield Inn on north Genesee street. I am sure that they are on the pricey side, however. Downtown is the Radison and the (historic and perhaps haunted) Hotel Utica, both are walking distance to the Aud.
    Are there any other festivals, celebrations, or special-events-of-a-scheduled-nature in Utica for the Frigid Four weekend that could tighten lodging availability?
    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
    this is for you."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Changing the subject a bit...hotel recommendations for Frigid Four?
    Radisson downtown is within walking distance. Hotel Utica,which just switched to days inn franchise I think, is even closer and very historic. Plenty of places on Genesee st over the bridge to the north (you would actually exit thruway there) Holiday inn, red roof, Hampton. Also holiday inn up on burr stone by the college and a ramada near to that. Maybe 10 minutes to aud. Also a Hampton suites on route 840 but maybe a bit tougher to get in and out of. Hope you come and enjoy our community. Great Italian (and other) food.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    Remember back in January when Oswego smoked Utica, that was fun. Never have I been so happy to have an opposing teams fan silenced. He was rude and highly inappropriate (same as the fans I've experienced attending games at the AUD). As well as their coach, highly inappropriate in his language used towards the team/refs/ uncalled for, not to mention his extremely dirty style of play which is clearly coached (lots of extra hits to the head after a player is checked down). I can say that the NCAA will most likely regret the decision to hold the frozen 4 there if their fan base comes out.

    Something definitely in the Utica Club and Matt's Beer out there, ever drank the stuff? It explains a lot.
    Well Oz, I have seen some pretty shabby conduct by some UC fans at away games I must admit. Home games...well...not seen it in my section.But if you come (and I hope you do) then I hope I run into you because I am always interested in welcoming and speaking with opposing fans/students/parents. And I think you will find most people there will be passionate if UC in it, but friendly to all guests. BTW, Matts no longer made, but UC is along with Saranac products. I especially like the coffee lager and the caramel porter.

  20. #160
    Its a Great Day for Hockey!
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,815

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by hue-z View Post
    Radisson downtown is within walking distance. Hotel Utica,which just switched to days inn franchise I think, is even closer and very historic. Plenty of places on Genesee st over the bridge to the north (you would actually exit thruway there) Holiday inn, red roof, Hampton. Also holiday inn up on burr stone by the college and a ramada near to that. Maybe 10 minutes to aud. Also a Hampton suites on route 840 but maybe a bit tougher to get in and out of. Hope you come and enjoy our community. Great Italian (and other) food.
    Hotel Utica is going to become a DoubleTree by Hilton. The Days Inn is a different re-branded motel on Genesee.
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2017 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •