Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
    Best of luck to Dawes, wish him well at UW-S. Tourney at Oswego should be a good one, considering the circumstances. The chance to play Oswego, who is currently on a 3-game skid or the chance to play Wisconsin Eau-Claire, who UC played in the '13 Frozen Four. Hesitant as well for making the trip considering the snow forecast, but I'll be watching wishing them the best. Hope they can get it going, schedule doesn't get any easier after this.
    Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
      Yes, OSU does a great job with the (free!) stream, but thanks for the info on behalf of those fans who haven't checked it out yet.

Happy with UC's play today. Curry was bigger and more physical, and missed a few open nets, but IMO Utica's speed was the difference. Kinda thought the same thing re: Oswego's win over UWEC.

Whichever team wins the tournament will gain significant comparison points, but Utica needs the points far more than does OSU. Should be a fun watch. (Curry beating UWEC would help a little, too.)

Comment

Hate to double-post, but the old boy needs to comment while his brain is still (temporarily) functioning.

The last-nanosecond ENG by OSU made the score more lopsided than the game was, or did it..?

Actually, Oswego richly deserved this win. That was the only time this season that I've seen Utica look back-on-their heels in terms of speed, and nevermind OSU's superior hands and physicality. Virtanen was very very good at keeping the game close as long as he did.

UC, IMO, could still land a berth in the NCAAs, but the window is closing a bit. Looks like OSU and Norwich are locks, and then you have a gaggle of teams within a stone's throw of each other. Utica will need a good to great second half to have a chance at a berth.

Comment

agree I thought Utica sat back way to much in their defensive zone,almost like they were killing a PP....That said they do have some team speed and skill,but need to go for the net more...Vivtinan kept is close for sure,he is Big and positions well....other than the goal on the PP,Utica needs to attack more on the Offensive side...With some strong netminding they should be a contender in the end.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing NEC tomorrow. They look like a tough opponent on paper, and UC needs some favorable comparison data.

I'm predicting a one-goal game going either way, ENGs aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Looking forward to seeing NEC tomorrow. They look like a tough opponent on paper, and UC needs some favorable comparison data.

I'm predicting a one-goal game going either way, ENGs aside.
              If any were here, UNE grads/fans might take offense to you referring to them as NEC.

Should be a competitive tuneup game before heading into the run of league play.

Comment

Tonight's game is beyond words and by far the worst officiated hockey game I've ever seen in my life at any level and no one can ever convince me that "referee" Peterson is not somehow affiliated with UNE.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                  Tonight's game is beyond words and by far the worst officiated hockey game I've ever seen in my life at any level and no one can ever convince me that "referee" Peterson is not somehow affiliated with UNE.
                  Utica was the better team, right? 😜

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                    It was another D-3 officiating abomination in that regard, yes, but what was up with the two bench-minors called on UC before the 2nd even began?

I have no evidence whatsoever to put forth, but I have to think that was on King Heenan's ego in some way. Seen it too many times in the past to think otherwise. If anyone knows why those calls were made back-to-back before the puck was even dropped to begin the 3rd, I'd love to hear it.

At that point, Utica had clawed back from 4-1 to make it a one goal game. I was looking forward to their momentum making for a fun final frame. Then, their legs were cut-off before the period even started by yet another 5x3.

Speaking of, there were 5 5x3's on the night for NEC. And 94 PIM vs. Utica. NEC is a good team, and a well-coached one, but please... The game wasn't even chippy until all was lost at 6-3.

I really wished I had just stayed home tonight. The refs and/or Heenan have some 'splaining to do.

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
                      Utica was the better team, right? ��
                      November 18th score: Utica 7, Elmira 1.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-14-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

It was another D-3 officiating abomination in that regard, yes, but what was up with the two bench-minors called on UC before the 2nd even began?

I have no evidence whatsoever to put forth, but I have to think that was on King Heenan's ego in some way. Seen it too many times in the past to think otherwise. If anyone knows why those calls were made back-to-back before the puck was even dropped to begin the 3rd, I'd love to hear it.

At that point, Utica had clawed back from 4-1 to make it a one goal game. I was looking forward to their momentum making for a fun final frame. Then, their legs were cut-off before the period even started by yet another 5x3.

Speaking of, there were 5 5x3's on the night for NEC. And 94 PIM vs. Utica. NEC is a good team, and a well-coached one, but please... The game wasn't even chippy until all was lost at 6-3.

I really wished I had just stayed home tonight. The refs and/or Heenan have some 'splaining to do.
                        According to the score sheet, one was at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd, and the other was at the 0:00 mark of the third. Unsportmanlike against the bench usually implies the coach said something he shouldn't have. So, without having been there or seen it at all, I would hazard a guess Heenan or another coach said something at the end of the 2nd, and then failed to cool down during intermission and opened his mouth again at the start of the 3rd.

As an aside: It's been a while since I've seen "Threatening an Official" on a scoresheet. With leagues starting to actually hand out suspensions, I would not be surprised to see this one given more than the 1 game that is baked into the DQ. I guess that just depends on what it is that he said to the official.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          According to the score sheet, one was at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd, and the other was at the 0:00 mark of the third. Unsportmanlike against the bench usually implies the coach said something he shouldn't have. So, without having been there or seen it at all, I would hazard a guess Heenan or another coach said something at the end of the 2nd, and then failed to cool down during intermission and opened his mouth again at the start of the 3rd.

As an aside: It's been a while since I've seen "Threatening an Official" on a scoresheet. With leagues starting to actually hand out suspensions, I would not be surprised to see this one given more than the 1 game that is baked into the DQ. I guess that just depends on what it is that he said to the official.
                          That was my sense of the situation, too, just from what I could see from the stands. Wouldn't be the first time that Heenan screwed his own team with his big fat mouth.

(Ironically, in the pre-game interview, he was preaching "discipline". )

Tell ya what, though, I would like to see the coach ejected for his verbal abuse rather than to see the team and fans punished. If Heenan blew this game up on his own -and, mind you, I don't know the details here, but he's done it before- he should lay awake for days knowing that he ruined the collective night of several thousand people, and of his own "boys" as well.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-13-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

That was my sense of the situation, too, just from what I could see from the stands. Wouldn't be the first time that Heenan screwed his own team with his big fat mouth.

(Ironically, in the pre-game interview, he was preaching "discipline". )

Tell ya what, though, I would like to see the coach ejected for his verbal abuse rather than to see the team and fans punished. If Heenan blew this game up on his own -and, mind you, I don't know the details here, but he's done it before- he should lay awake for days knowing that he ruined the collective night of several thousand people, and of his own "boys" as well.
                            As was said,he has done it before, so doubt he will lay awake for days.......should have been a good game,5 pp goals wow,

Comment

One too many coaches losing their minds this year and hurting their teams, no?

Comment

Stick a fork in them, too bad, frozen four in Utica and the coach blows it AGAIN !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X