Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 293

Thread: Utica College 2016/2017

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,052

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by UCfan30 View Post
    Best of luck to Dawes, wish him well at UW-S. Tourney at Oswego should be a good one, considering the circumstances. The chance to play Oswego, who is currently on a 3-game skid or the chance to play Wisconsin Eau-Claire, who UC played in the '13 Frozen Four. Hesitant as well for making the trip considering the snow forecast, but I'll be watching wishing them the best. Hope they can get it going, schedule doesn't get any easier after this.
    Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  2. #62
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    Just confirming what most of you already knew - all four Pathfinder games with be produced by WTOP10 Sports (video) and WNYO Sports (radio)...
    Yes, OSU does a great job with the (free!) stream, but thanks for the info on behalf of those fans who haven't checked it out yet.

    Happy with UC's play today. Curry was bigger and more physical, and missed a few open nets, but IMO Utica's speed was the difference. Kinda thought the same thing re: Oswego's win over UWEC.

    Whichever team wins the tournament will gain significant comparison points, but Utica needs the points far more than does OSU. Should be a fun watch. (Curry beating UWEC would help a little, too.)

  3. #63
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Hate to double-post, but the old boy needs to comment while his brain is still (temporarily) functioning.

    The last-nanosecond ENG by OSU made the score more lopsided than the game was, or did it..?

    Actually, Oswego richly deserved this win. That was the only time this season that I've seen Utica look back-on-their heels in terms of speed, and nevermind OSU's superior hands and physicality. Virtanen was very very good at keeping the game close as long as he did.

    UC, IMO, could still land a berth in the NCAAs, but the window is closing a bit. Looks like OSU and Norwich are locks, and then you have a gaggle of teams within a stone's throw of each other. Utica will need a good to great second half to have a chance at a berth.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    agree I thought Utica sat back way to much in their defensive zone,almost like they were killing a PP....That said they do have some team speed and skill,but need to go for the net more...Vivtinan kept is close for sure,he is Big and positions well....other than the goal on the PP,Utica needs to attack more on the Offensive side...With some strong netminding they should be a contender in the end.

  5. #65
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Looking forward to seeing NEC tomorrow. They look like a tough opponent on paper, and UC needs some favorable comparison data.

    I'm predicting a one-goal game going either way, ENGs aside.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    513

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing NEC tomorrow. They look like a tough opponent on paper, and UC needs some favorable comparison data.

    I'm predicting a one-goal game going either way, ENGs aside.
    If any were here, UNE grads/fans might take offense to you referring to them as NEC.

    Should be a competitive tuneup game before heading into the run of league play.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    513

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Tonight's game is beyond words and by far the worst officiated hockey game I've ever seen in my life at any level and no one can ever convince me that "referee" Peterson is not somehow affiliated with UNE.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by jcase View Post
    Tonight's game is beyond words and by far the worst officiated hockey game I've ever seen in my life at any level and no one can ever convince me that "referee" Peterson is not somehow affiliated with UNE.
    Utica was the better team, right? 😜

  9. #69
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by jcase View Post
    Tonight's game is beyond words and by far the worst officiated hockey game I've ever seen in my life at any level and no one can ever convince me that "referee" Peterson is not somehow affiliated with UNE.
    It was another D-3 officiating abomination in that regard, yes, but what was up with the two bench-minors called on UC before the 2nd even began?

    I have no evidence whatsoever to put forth, but I have to think that was on King Heenan's ego in some way. Seen it too many times in the past to think otherwise. If anyone knows why those calls were made back-to-back before the puck was even dropped to begin the 3rd, I'd love to hear it.

    At that point, Utica had clawed back from 4-1 to make it a one goal game. I was looking forward to their momentum making for a fun final frame. Then, their legs were cut-off before the period even started by yet another 5x3.

    Speaking of, there were 5 5x3's on the night for NEC. And 94 PIM vs. Utica. NEC is a good team, and a well-coached one, but please... The game wasn't even chippy until all was lost at 6-3.

    I really wished I had just stayed home tonight. The refs and/or Heenan have some 'splaining to do.

  10. #70
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
    Utica was the better team, right? ��
    November 18th score: Utica 7, Elmira 1.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-14-2017 at 09:11 AM.

  11. #71
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    It was another D-3 officiating abomination in that regard, yes, but what was up with the two bench-minors called on UC before the 2nd even began?

    I have no evidence whatsoever to put forth, but I have to think that was on King Heenan's ego in some way. Seen it too many times in the past to think otherwise. If anyone knows why those calls were made back-to-back before the puck was even dropped to begin the 3rd, I'd love to hear it.

    At that point, Utica had clawed back from 4-1 to make it a one goal game. I was looking forward to their momentum making for a fun final frame. Then, their legs were cut-off before the period even started by yet another 5x3.

    Speaking of, there were 5 5x3's on the night for NEC. And 94 PIM vs. Utica. NEC is a good team, and a well-coached one, but please... The game wasn't even chippy until all was lost at 6-3.

    I really wished I had just stayed home tonight. The refs and/or Heenan have some 'splaining to do.
    According to the score sheet, one was at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd, and the other was at the 0:00 mark of the third. Unsportmanlike against the bench usually implies the coach said something he shouldn't have. So, without having been there or seen it at all, I would hazard a guess Heenan or another coach said something at the end of the 2nd, and then failed to cool down during intermission and opened his mouth again at the start of the 3rd.

    As an aside: It's been a while since I've seen "Threatening an Official" on a scoresheet. With leagues starting to actually hand out suspensions, I would not be surprised to see this one given more than the 1 game that is baked into the DQ. I guess that just depends on what it is that he said to the official.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champions x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champions x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Champions x9-ish: 87*, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86*, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82


    Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    08
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champion x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

  12. #72
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    According to the score sheet, one was at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd, and the other was at the 0:00 mark of the third. Unsportmanlike against the bench usually implies the coach said something he shouldn't have. So, without having been there or seen it at all, I would hazard a guess Heenan or another coach said something at the end of the 2nd, and then failed to cool down during intermission and opened his mouth again at the start of the 3rd.

    As an aside: It's been a while since I've seen "Threatening an Official" on a scoresheet. With leagues starting to actually hand out suspensions, I would not be surprised to see this one given more than the 1 game that is baked into the DQ. I guess that just depends on what it is that he said to the official.
    That was my sense of the situation, too, just from what I could see from the stands. Wouldn't be the first time that Heenan screwed his own team with his big fat mouth.

    (Ironically, in the pre-game interview, he was preaching "discipline". )

    Tell ya what, though, I would like to see the coach ejected for his verbal abuse rather than to see the team and fans punished. If Heenan blew this game up on his own -and, mind you, I don't know the details here, but he's done it before- he should lay awake for days knowing that he ruined the collective night of several thousand people, and of his own "boys" as well.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-13-2017 at 11:13 PM.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,898

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    That was my sense of the situation, too, just from what I could see from the stands. Wouldn't be the first time that Heenan screwed his own team with his big fat mouth.

    (Ironically, in the pre-game interview, he was preaching "discipline". )

    Tell ya what, though, I would like to see the coach ejected for his verbal abuse rather than to see the team and fans punished. If Heenan blew this game up on his own -and, mind you, I don't know the details here, but he's done it before- he should lay awake for days knowing that he ruined the collective night of several thousand people, and of his own "boys" as well.
    As was said,he has done it before, so doubt he will lay awake for days.......should have been a good game,5 pp goals wow,

  14. #74
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,803

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    One too many coaches losing their minds this year and hurting their teams, no?

  15. #75
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,008

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Stick a fork in them, too bad, frozen four in Utica and the coach blows it AGAIN !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Stick a fork in them, too bad, frozen four in Utica and the coach blows it AGAIN !
    Hobart still looks tough so maybe they will represent the ECAC West in Utica.

  17. #77
    Its a Great Day for Hockey!
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
    Hobart still looks tough so maybe they will represent the ECAC West in Utica.
    Looks like the team that may be loaded for a local frozen four is Hamilton!
    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
    2005-2017 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game
    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

  18. #78
    elbojpb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Tell ya what, though, I would like to see the coach ejected for his verbal abuse rather than to see the team and fans punished. If Heenan blew this game up on his own -and, mind you, I don't know the details here, but he's done it before- he should lay awake for days knowing that he ruined the collective night of several thousand people, and of his own "boys" as well.
    Like Father like son?? See text in Red

    Code:
    Prd	Player	Team	Min	Infraction	Time 
    1st	Ml Bushinski	UTC	2	Boarding	6:08 
    1st	Nicky Grose	UTC	2	Hooking	14:58 
    1st	Brady Fleurent	UNE	2	Hooking	17:14 
    2nd	Alex Roberts	UTC	2	Goaltender Interference	0:47 
    2nd	Kevin Kirisits	UTC	2	Tripping	4:35 
    2nd	Luc    Boby	UTC	2	Holding	5:26 
    2nd	Danny Antonoff	UNE	2	Interference	7:21 
    2nd	Danny Antonoff	UNE	2	Hooking	11:13 
    2nd	Tucker Ross	UNE	2	Boarding	16:38 
    2nd	Ryan Burr  	UNE	2	Interference	18:10 
    2nd	Bench       	UTC	2	Unsportsmanlike Conduct	20:00 
    3rd	Bench       	UTC	2	Unsportsmanlike Conduct	0:00 
    3rd	R Ammirato	UTC	2	Cross-Checking	3:12 
    3rd	Kevin Valenti	UTC	2	Elbowing	3:57 
    3rd	Luc     Boby	UTC	2	Roughing	6:47 
    3rd	Blaise Healy	UNE	2	Hooking	7:35 
    3rd	Antho McVeigh	UTC	2	Interference	8:05 
    3rd	Tucker Ross	UNE	2	Roughing	8:45 
    3rd	Mikl Bushinski	UTC	2	Roughing	8:45 
    3rd	Connor Schmidt	UTC	5	Fighting	8:45 
    3rd	Connor Schmidt	UTC	10	Disqualification	8:45 
    3rd	Ryan Bloom	UNE	2	Tripping	9:53 
    3rd	Arm Uomoleale	UNE	10	Misconduct	10:27 
    3rd	Shawn Lynch	UTC	10	Misconduct	10:27 
    3rd	Justin Derlago	UTC	2	Roughing	10:27 
    3rd	Zach Borsoi	UTC	2	Roughing	12:43 
    3rd	Zach Borsoi	UTC	10	Misconduct	12:43 
    3rd	Luc    Boby	UTC	5	Threatening an Official	18:07 
    3rd	Luc    Boby	UTC	10	Disqualification	18:07 
    3rd	Jarr Fitzpatrick	UTC	10	Misconduct	19:00

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    3.1 miles from the DOMES :)
    Posts
    3,272

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    November 18th score: Utica 7, Elmira 1.
    *** does that have to do with the game in question?
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

    http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

  20. #80
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    Like Father like son?? See text in Red

    Code:
    Prd	Player	Team	Min	Infraction	Time 
    1st	Ml Bushinski	UTC	2	Boarding	6:08 
    1st	Nicky Grose	UTC	2	Hooking	14:58 
    1st	Brady Fleurent	UNE	2	Hooking	17:14 
    2nd	Alex Roberts	UTC	2	Goaltender Interference	0:47 
    2nd	Kevin Kirisits	UTC	2	Tripping	4:35 
    2nd	Luc    Boby	UTC	2	Holding	5:26 
    2nd	Danny Antonoff	UNE	2	Interference	7:21 
    2nd	Danny Antonoff	UNE	2	Hooking	11:13 
    2nd	Tucker Ross	UNE	2	Boarding	16:38 
    2nd	Ryan Burr  	UNE	2	Interference	18:10 
    2nd	Bench       	UTC	2	Unsportsmanlike Conduct	20:00 
    3rd	Bench       	UTC	2	Unsportsmanlike Conduct	0:00 
    3rd	R Ammirato	UTC	2	Cross-Checking	3:12 
    3rd	Kevin Valenti	UTC	2	Elbowing	3:57 
    3rd	Luc     Boby	UTC	2	Roughing	6:47 
    3rd	Blaise Healy	UNE	2	Hooking	7:35 
    3rd	Antho McVeigh	UTC	2	Interference	8:05 
    3rd	Tucker Ross	UNE	2	Roughing	8:45 
    3rd	Mikl Bushinski	UTC	2	Roughing	8:45 
    3rd	Connor Schmidt	UTC	5	Fighting	8:45 
    3rd	Connor Schmidt	UTC	10	Disqualification	8:45 
    3rd	Ryan Bloom	UNE	2	Tripping	9:53 
    3rd	Arm Uomoleale	UNE	10	Misconduct	10:27 
    3rd	Shawn Lynch	UTC	10	Misconduct	10:27 
    3rd	Justin Derlago	UTC	2	Roughing	10:27 
    3rd	Zach Borsoi	UTC	2	Roughing	12:43 
    3rd	Zach Borsoi	UTC	10	Misconduct	12:43 
    3rd	Luc    Boby	UTC	5	Threatening an Official	18:07 
    3rd	Luc    Boby	UTC	10	Disqualification	18:07 
    3rd	Jarr Fitzpatrick	UTC	10	Misconduct	19:00
    Thanks for posting. Where can I find these scoresheets?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •