Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
    I agree, I think they're out
    I agree as well. They didn't look like a good team that happened to get beat that night . They looked like a mediocre team, period.

If I recall correctly, UC did not win the ECAC West the year they were invited to the FF. Obviously THAT was a team that happened to lose, but still looked like a team that should get in. Just don't see that with this squad.

Comment

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by hue-z View Post
      I agree as well. They didn't look like a good team that happened to get beat that night . They looked like a mediocre team, period.

If I recall correctly, UC did not win the ECAC West the year they were invited to the FF. Obviously THAT was a team that happened to lose, but still looked like a team that should get in. Just don't see that with this squad.
      IMO, Utica didn't play a bad game as much as Naz played a perfect one.

UC needs serious help, as I said, but it's not technically over yet. No question remains that they need to win the W tourney, and probably beat Hobart for the 3rd time en route, to even be in the mix... It's a tall order, but within the realm of possibility.

Edit: UC lost a ton of ground last night, and made-back half of it tonight. It ain't over; the prospective AL field is still very fluid.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-18-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

IMO UC is toast--they needed to win out. Would be nice for them to win their first--in the last--ECAC-W tourney. Don't want to see Naz again on Sat so Go Neumann!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          IMO, Utica didn't play a bad game as much as Naz played a perfect one.

UC needs serious help, as I said, but it's not technically over yet. No question remains that they need to win the W tourney, and probably beat Hobart for the 3rd time en route, to even be in the mix... It's a tall order, but within the realm of
          Edit: UC lost a ton of ground last night, and made-back half of it tonight. It ain't over; the prospective AL field is still very fluid.
          I dunno. Outshot 30 some odd to 19, lots of lackadaisical passes, HUGE rebounds (course, he always does that). They just didn't seem put together They had that surge in the second but penalties negated that.. Hoping they're in...would be great. But not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by hue-z View Post
            Yeah that team in 2012-2013 was the best I think we've ever had, obviously with the Frozen Four run. The overall record that season was 21-6-1 with an 11-3-1 conference record. Didn't win the conference tourney, but I think mainly why they got a bid that year was mainly based on the overall record and the fact that they were consistently in the polls. Plus with a season sweep of Oswego, wins against other ranked teams, and they played like heck each game. At the early stages of this season, I thought, along with many others, that this team could pull off what the team in 2012-13 did. Heck, maybe even make a run to the Finals. I'm a huge UC supporter, but after that game on Friday, I don't see how they can even get through the conference tournament. Total lack of effort, other than a few players and the goalie. Virtanen can only do so much with the team he had in front of him. NCAA bid is not even remotely close at this point, and I'm sure their ranking in the NCAA will drop. It's going to have to be an all out effort by everyone if they expect to get to the conference championship.
            Utica Pioneers Hockey
            2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
            2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
            2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
            2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Well, somewhat amazingly, UC was ranked #8 today... A bid is likely their's to lose, though that's probably contingent on a win-out yet again.

Gonna make the upcoming games a whole lot more meaningful, though.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-21-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Well, somewhat amazingly, UC was ranked #8 today... A bid is likely their's to lose, though that's probably contingent on a win-out yet again.

Gonna make the upcoming games a whole lot more meaningful, though.
                #8 does not make the tournament as a Pool B or Pool C.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Tell that to the KRACH.

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
                    Tell that to the KRACH.
                    The KRACH has UC well out of the field. And I tend to agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Right... Didn't break-down the top 8 in terms of conference-affiliation. UC would have to leap-frog Babson and Amherst, anyway.

But, there's still a ghost of a chance of that happening. Got my W tournament tickets today.

Comment

After Saturday's semi's, is there a whole week off before the final ?
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Yes, that's correct. At least according to the schedule on Utica's website.
                          Utica Pioneers Hockey
                          2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                          2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                          2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                          2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Yes, the semifinals are this Saturday, the Final is next Saturday, March 4. Its been that way for a few years now.
                            Last edited by UCBadger; 02-23-2017, 10:55 AM.
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Just tuned into the video feed for the women's game - didn't know Ray Biggs could sing the anthem....😂😂😂
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                Just tuned into the video feed for the women's game - didn't know Ray Biggs could sing the anthem....😂😂😂
                                Missed that part, but what a game! A complete gun-fight.

I actually prefer the women's rules. So much more flow.

Comment

Working...
                                X