Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    They were. Look back in the threads. Taking out all the AQs above and then Pool Cs, they were next in line for Pool C using your KRACH....I callled you out on it....

And if you took the 5 minutes to understand the rules and apply them to the teams selected, you would see its black and white. Exactly why Plattsburgh wasn't selected (but would have been by your KRACH system)
    PSUC, "next in line" is out, right..? And the AQs above them take up unwarranted space at times. My point all along.

Furthermore, there are no transparent black and white rules for Pool C selections. Not a one. (And while the bids may not have followed the KRACH exactly over the past few years, they have been very close.)

If Platty was mysteriously screwed out of a Pool C in a given year in your opinion, chalk it up to having an AL selection process that isn't transparent. That's the problem.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-08-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Utica wins 5-0 at Stevenson.

I believe with tonight's win, Utica is guaranteed a share of the regular season championship and #1 seed in the ECAC West playoffs.
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Utica wins 5-0 at Stevenson.

I believe with tonight's win, Utica is guaranteed a share of the regular season championship and #1 seed in the ECAC West playoffs.
        Yes!

With the tiebreakers already decided, the W tournament will be at The Aud, and it'll be a real sellout for a change. That's fun stuff.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-10-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Possibly more important is #11 in KRACH now. Just keep winning !
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Possibly more important is #11 in KRACH now. Just keep winning !
            LoL seriously you too? Endicott is like #5....KRACH MEANS SQUAT. Just wait till Tuesday before you get all excited.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Most jerks stay on their own team's threads. What a comment, wonder what it's like to be a know it all ? Go away !
                Most smart people take the time to learn and understand the process, not go by what someone thinks it should be...thanks for caring buddy.... go drown yourself in your KRACH if it makes you feel better come selection time when you're at home wondering why teams got in and didn't when the rules/process was right in front of you to read and understand (maybe) but you'd rather submerge yourself in the hogwash KRACH false advertising brought to you by the Fishman...what ever makes you feel better...
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Most smart people take the time to learn and understand the process, not go by what someone thinks it should be...thanks for caring buddy.... go drown yourself in your KRACH if it makes you feel better come selection time when you're at home wondering why teams got in and didn't when the rules/process was right in front of you to read and understand (maybe) but you'd rather submerge yourself in the hogwash KRACH false advertising brought to you by the Fishman...what ever makes you feel better...
                  Wow....lets take a breath. I'm not sure how selection takes place. USCHO and D3 hockey polls hold no sway. KRATCH the same. But I guess the point is that people who DO try to predict things with their polls and stuff are taking notice of UC again, and if a UC fan, what's not to like about that? Will they make it? Who knows. They had a great start a weak middle and now on the upswing again. Of course I would love to see it happen as that home cooking would be FANtastic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hue-z View Post
                    Wow....lets take a breath. I'm not sure how selection takes place. USCHO and D3 hockey polls hold no sway. KRATCH the same. But I guess the point is that people who DO try to predict things with their polls and stuff are taking notice of UC again, and if a UC fan, what's not to like about that? Will they make it? Who knows. They had a great start a weak middle and now on the upswing again. Of course I would love to see it happen as that home cooking would be FANtastic!!!
                    You need to understand the context here. One of your posters has insisted for years that that KRACH is the be-all-end-all of ratings even though the selection procedure has been explained to him a number of times. KRACH has nothing to the criteria for NCAA selection, which are Winning percentage, Strength of Schedule (Opponents' W-L-T record and Opponents' Opponents' W-L-T record), records against NCAA ranked teams, comparison against other teams with respect to head to head record and records against common opponents). These are the tools that the NCAA uses to develop their rankings, which will appear next week. The argument is because the person in question has had a long time to understand how the system works, but has not taken the effort to understand it, but falls back to citing KRACH.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      You need to understand the context here. One of your posters has insisted for years that that KRACH is the be-all-end-all of ratings even though the selection procedure has been explained to him a number of times. KRACH has nothing to the criteria for NCAA selection, which are Winning percentage, Strength of Schedule (Opponents' W-L-T record and Opponents' Opponents' W-L-T record), records against NCAA ranked teams, comparison against other teams with respect to head to head record and records against common opponents). These are the tools that the NCAA uses to develop their rankings, which will appear next week. The argument is because the person in question has had a long time to understand how the system works, but has not taken the effort to understand it, but falls back to citing KRACH.

You and PSUC love to say otherwise, but I have never said that the AL selections were based on the KRACH. All I've ever said is that, as of late, the selections have been very close to what that statistical model predicted. (And, Norwich is #1 in that metric, just as they so often were in yours, but with an actual body of transparent/logical evidence to support that ranking..! I'd think you'd be delighted, FCS.)

Annoying trolls aside, fellow UC fans, our guys are on a roll. These games were against bad teams, but were important not to lose. UC would probably get one of the last Pool C spots if the season ended today. The W tourney will be a tough row to hoe, but a win-out there pretty-much guarantees a berth, IMO. Good to see Heenan letting the dogs run.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-11-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Wow, you guys are sponsoring the tourney? Not very friendly. Welcome to Utica fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          She's really Kellyanne Conway, Shabby. JSYK.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-11-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                            Wow, you guys are sponsoring the tourney? Not very friendly. Welcome to Utica fellas.
                            I wonder what Schultz & Dooley would think....They were always friendly.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Remember back in January when Oswego smoked Utica, that was fun. Never have I been so happy to have an opposing teams fan silenced. He was rude and highly inappropriate (same as the fans I've experienced attending games at the AUD). As well as their coach, highly inappropriate in his language used towards the team/refs/ uncalled for, not to mention his extremely dirty style of play which is clearly coached (lots of extra hits to the head after a player is checked down). I can say that the NCAA will most likely regret the decision to hold the frozen 4 there if their fan base comes out.

Something definitely in the Utica Club and Matt's Beer out there, ever drank the stuff? It explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                                Remember back in January when Oswego smoked Utica, that was fun. Never have I been so happy to have an opposing teams fan silenced. He was rude and highly inappropriate (same as the fans I've experienced attending games at the AUD). As well as their coach, highly inappropriate in his language used towards the team/refs/ uncalled for, not to mention his extremely dirty style of play which is clearly coached (lots of extra hits to the head after a player is checked down). I can say that the NCAA will most likely regret the decision to hold the frozen 4 there if their fan base comes out.

Something definitely in the Utica Club and Matt's Beer out there, ever drank the stuff? It explains a lot.
                                Had my share of Maximus Super at College Beer Blasts back in the 70s....25 cents a can...packed a wallop !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X