Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 306

Thread: Utica College 2016/2017

  1. #181
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    bring the cheese ill bring the crackers........and beer
    Agreed, but we both have to bring the beer!!
    SNC Men:
    Four Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014..
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017..
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,982

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by pete99race View Post
    Agreed, but we both have to bring the beer!!
    I think they have some good beer in Utica??

  3. #183
    Too many tools is an oxymoron
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I think they have some good beer in Utica??
    Fans of craft beer should venture a couple miles north of the city on Route 12 and check out Woodland Fermentation & hop farm (http://www.woodlandbeer.com/).
    John Nabors

    RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

  4. #184
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I think they have some good beer in Utica??
    I am sure Utica has a good supply of beer....but do they have Spotted Cow??


    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/590/1963/
    SNC Men:
    Four Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014..
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017..
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

  5. #185
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,256

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by pete99race View Post
    I am sure Utica has a good supply of beer....but do they have Spotted Cow??


    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/590/1963/
    Gotta love Beer Advocate!

    Craft fans will love the Saranac lineup. And do take the free brewery tour and enjoy the complimentary suds at its conclusion. (They say it's a 2-beer limit, but I've never known them to enforce that.)

    And, while no beer will be on sale at the games, Gerber's is a block away. They have crafts on tap and above-average pub grub in a nicely restored little space.

    PS: The Aud has instituted a BS "No Re-entry" policy this year... I don't know if that will apply between games or just during them, but you might want to check on it.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-15-2017 at 04:43 PM.

  6. #186
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,256

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by XCTiger View Post
    Fans of craft beer should venture a couple miles north of the city on Route 12 and check out Woodland Fermentation & hop farm (http://www.woodlandbeer.com/).
    Definitely worth the short trip up there.

    And consider Marcy Discount Beverage on Rt. 49, maybe 10 minutes from The Aud. Great selection of beer from all over the globe.

    I would recommend Baltika #9 from Ukraine. At an ABV of around 12 %, it's the beer to have when you're assuring The Warden that you're having "a couple".

  7. #187
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,328

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Definitely worth the short trip up there.

    And consider Marcy Discount Beverage on Rt. 49, maybe 10 minutes from The Aud. Great selection of beer from all over the globe.

    I would recommend Baltika #9 from Ukraine. At an ABV of around 12 %, it's the beer to have when you're assuring The Warden that you're having "a couple".
    I thought Schaefer's was the one beer to have when you're having more than one.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  8. #188
    THE CLEANER
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I thought Schaefer's was the one beer to have when you're having more than one.
    That's Schlitz.... no?

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    4,982

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I thought Schaefer's was the one beer to have when you're having more than one.
    its Schaefer for sure I remember the adds during the Mets games as a kid

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    That's Schlitz.... no?
    There's just one beer...yah..yah...nothing else comes near...when your out of Schlitz...you're out of beer.

    I was a manger of an AAFES Beer Tavern at Camp Drum (Fort Drum now) during the summer back in the 70s while in college, The top selling beer 4 to one was Budweiser...then came Schlitz...Genesee and so on down the line.
    Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-15-2017 at 08:27 PM.


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  11. #191
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,256

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    If you prefer a more traditional American lager/pilsner, try a Utica Club. It's light and carbonated all to Hell, but it has a tasty corn finish...

    Anyway, my prediction is that Oswego will make it here, and probably Norwich as well. I see Hamilton and Hobart as distinct possibilities too, with Utica as a dark-horse -at best- if they even get in.

    The parity in all of college hockey is insane right now. Nobody is safe. I can already hear the howls resulting from the final selections.

  12. #192
    Too many tools is an oxymoron
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    That's Schlitz.... no?
    Schlitz is the beer that made Milwaukee famous.
    John Nabors

    RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

  13. #193
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by XCTiger View Post
    Schlitz is the beer that made Milwaukee famous.
    Here you go:


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5htzFfuj31A
    SNC Men:
    Four Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014..
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017..
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    106

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    No beer at the AUD during the games..... Only a few venues offer that and it was the highlight of it being there. Sad if this is true.

  15. #195
    Too many tools is an oxymoron
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by OZrebel View Post
    No beer at the AUD during the games..... Only a few venues offer that and it was the highlight of it being there. Sad if this is true.
    ,
    Blame it on the NCAA. Their rule, right along with no advertising in the rink.
    John Nabors

    RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

  16. #196

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,722
    Quote Originally Posted by XCTiger View Post
    ,
    Blame it on the NCAA. Their rule, right along with no advertising in the rink.
    Advertising is OK as long as you are one of the NCAA's "Corporate Champions".

    No Pepsi. Coke only.
    If the Aud has suites, you can get beer / alcohol in the suite before the NCAA controls the building and consume it during tbe games.

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Gotta love Beer Advocate!

    Craft fans will love the Saranac lineup. And do take the free brewery tour and enjoy the complimentary suds at its conclusion. (They say it's a 2-beer limit, but I've never known them to enforce that.)

    And, while no beer will be on sale at the games, Gerber's is a block away. They have crafts on tap and above-average pub grub in a nicely restored little space.

    PS: The Aud has instituted a BS "No Re-entry" policy this year... I don't know if that will apply between games or just during them, but you might want to check on it.
    I would think between games you could leave then go through security again. It's possible some would have only one game ticket. I know in lake placid that was the case.....between games leave and come back. Hope so anyway. Businesses will be pretty mad if they can't grab some sales from this.

  18. #198
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,043

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Utica Comet games have no readmittance. That might be N/A here though. Also be prepared to go thru the metal detectors (just like at the airport).
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  19. #199
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    3,256

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by hue-z View Post
    I would think between games you could leave then go through security again. It's possible some would have only one game ticket. I know in lake placid that was the case.....between games leave and come back. Hope so anyway. Businesses will be pretty mad if they can't grab some sales from this.
    Pretty sure that'll be the case: just no re-entry during any one game.

  20. #200
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,328

    Re: Utica College 2016/2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Pretty sure that'll be the case: just no re-entry during any one game.
    Depends on how the game is ticketed. The fear would be that after the first semifinal people could leave and hand their ticket off to somebody on the outside. Unless they stamp hands, or something like that they won't be able to prevent that. I think you are going to be captive - unless there are separate tickets for the two semis
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •