Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
    And I think most importantly, a win over Hobart... and Utica moves ahead of Hobart on the Pool C pecking order.

SOS is a wash.
    Utica would win RNK
    Hobart would win WIN
    But I have to believe that Utica winning H2H 3-0-0 and their RNK is enough to make up the difference in WIN

...and while not a criteria, a home team is never a bad thing for an NCAA Championship!
    What about COP? Utica would certainly win the H2H. Similar SOS, Utica wins the RNK by virtue of the final win, and Hobart still has the edge in WIN%. Could come down to COP?
    Last edited by peddler; 02-28-2017, 06:47 PM.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Webb has Utica in and hosting Trinity first round !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Realistically, it all depends on whether or not Utica can beat Hobart one last time. If that happens, it would surely guarantee or increase the likelihood of Utica getting a chance in the NCAA's. Especially considering wins over a high ranked Hobart. Winning on Saturday is the only way I see them getting a chance at a bid. Also depends a little bit on if other teams win or lose. Right now, the door is open, it's theirs to lose IMO.
        Utica Pioneers Hockey
        2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
        2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
        2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
        2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
          Realistically, it all depends on whether or not Utica can beat Hobart one last time. If that happens, it would surely guarantee or increase the likelihood of Utica getting a chance in the NCAA's. Especially considering wins over a high ranked Hobart. Winning on Saturday is the only way I see them getting a chance at a bid. Also depends a little bit on if other teams win or lose. Right now, the door is open, it's theirs to lose IMO.
          They're very likely to get a bid with a win, but would need major help if they lose. Same could be said of Hobart, although HC would need somewhat less help.

The coaches have done the math... We're looking at a balls-out effort by both teams, is my guess.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-01-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

bump.....and have my set of tickets.
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

How did you get them, at the Aud box office ?
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I don't see that happening... Hobie got manhandled by Manhattanville twice during the regular season, but Taylor had them coming out to kill last saturday. I predict a close game, but knowing the Hobart guys, they love shutting up the crowd at the Aud. I predict that Utica keeps it close but the Statesmen put it away late, 4-2 with an empty netter.

As for you Utica fans- do you see the Utica-Hobart rivalry continuing after the conference split? You guys love making that trip to Geneva!

Best of luck
                Hobart Statesmen
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                Boston College Eagles
                Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
                Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                  How did you get them, at the Aud box office ?
                  Season Ticket holders had till 4:00 yesterday to claim their regular seats at the Aud box office. All remaining seats have now been released for general purchase (at the Aud Box office).

They can also now be bought online at: http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=
                  Last edited by UCBadger; 03-02-2017, 10:47 AM.
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
                    I don't see that happening... Hobie got manhandled by Manhattanville twice during the regular season, but Taylor had them coming out to kill last saturday. I predict a close game, but knowing the Hobart guys, they love shutting up the crowd at the Aud. I predict that Utica keeps it close but the Statesmen put it away late, 4-2 with an empty netter.

As for you Utica fans- do you see the Utica-Hobart rivalry continuing after the conference split? You guys love making that trip to Geneva!

Best of luck
                    Not sure if Utica will see Hobart anymore after this year. It all depends on the scheduling considering next year it would fall as a non-conference game. It's possible, and I'd like to see at least 1 game per year after this, it's a darn good rivalry.
                    Utica Pioneers Hockey
                    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Not sure if Utica will see Hobart anymore after this year. It all depends on the scheduling considering next year it would fall as a non-conference game. It's possible, and I'd like to see at least 1 game per year after this, it's a darn good rivalry.
                      It's probably the best rivalry UC has, but the quality of Hobart's competition is even more important... I guarantee that UC isn't even in the NCAA conversation this year without having beaten them twice.

And, FCS, let's see Hamilton back on the docket too..! That's a solid program -would've been a terrific addition to the schedule this year, especially- and UC-Hamilton games were always proper hate-fests and hotly contested. When they "couldn't work it out anymore" a few years back, I figured it was just Heenan burning another bridge (he played for and graduated from from HC) but I have exactly zero insight as to why that happened. Anyway, I'd love to see the home-and-home again.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-02-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        It's probably the best rivalry UC has, but the quality of Hobart's competition is even more important... I guarantee that UC isn't even in the NCAA conversation this year without having beaten them twice.

And, FCS, let's see Hamilton back on the docket too..! That's a solid program -would've been a terrific addition to the schedule this year, especially- and UC-Hamilton games were always proper hate-fests and hotly contested. When they "couldn't work it out anymore" a few years back, I figured it was just Heenan burning another bridge (he played for and graduated from from HC) but I'd love to see the home-and-home again.
                        You need a tournament like the Primelink that consists of three teams from three conferences that are geographically near each other and invite a guest team each year. The primelink takes in Plattsburgh-SUNYAC/Middlebury-Nescac/Norwich-NEHC & another guest team from a fourth conference.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          You need a tournament like the Primelink that consists of three teams from three conferences that are geographically near each other and invite a guest team each year. The primelink takes in Plattsburgh-SUNYAC/Middlebury-Nescac/Norwich-NEHC & another guest team from a fourth conference.
                          That's what I attended a couple of years ago. Platty hosted Amherst, Utica and NEC. A strong field and a fun watch. It would be nice to see UC host such an event annually, but there must be a scheduling or a money issue there.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-02-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Maybe your rivalry with Oswego will pick up more steam, I know it's marked on my calendar to be a hostile crowd environment, so I mark it as a rivalry. Heck we played that great 0-0 game at your place last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              That's what I attended a couple of years ago. Platty hosted Amherst, Utica and NEC. A strong field and a fun watch. It would be nice to see UC host such an event annually, but there must be a scheduling or a money issue there.
                              No that was the Cardinal Classic or Buck Classic or whatever they call it. Primelink is totally different. Primelink is Thanksgiving weekend and Primelink is Christmas break. Same general idea, but way different teams.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Depends on how the NEHC schedule works - I suspect there will be room next year for you because there will only be 8 teams, but the following year it goes back to 10 with the additions of J&W and Suffolk. With a 14 game schedule there's room for 11 NC games, with an 18 game schedule it becomes a little tighter to schedule, but this also depends on what kind of a schedule the ECAC West replacement league will use.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X