Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    No that was the Cardinal Classic or Buck Classic or whatever they call it. Primelink is totally different. Primelink is Thanksgiving weekend and Primelink is Christmas break. Same general idea, but way different teams.
    Primelink Great Northern Shootout is Thanksgiving weekend and rotates between the rinks of the three permanent participants, Norwich, Plattsburgh, and Middlebury.
    Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament at Norwich is New Years Weekend.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

In any case, UC is going to need to beef-up their OOC schedule once Hobart is no longer a locked-in conference foe. Love to continue seeing Oswego twice a year, too.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-02-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        That's what I attended a couple of years ago. Platty hosted Amherst, Utica and NEC. A strong field and a fun watch. It would be nice to see UC host such an event annually, but there must be a scheduling or a money issue there.
        I mean, if you got Utica (UCHC), Hobart (NEHC), and Hamilton (NESCAC), and perhaps invite either a Western team or a SUNYAC team, I'd say that would be a pretty solid holiday tournament. However, you'd probably have to concede rotating hosting rights (like the Primelink does) if you wanted it to be a recurring thing.
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          I mean, if you got Utica (UCHC), Hobart (NEHC), and Hamilton (NESCAC), and perhaps invite either a Western team or a SUNYAC team, I'd say that would be a pretty solid holiday tournament. However, you'd probably have to concede rotating hosting rights (like the Primelink does) if you wanted it to be a recurring thing.
          That would work. We Uticans just love it here, and hate to stray too far from home.

Comment

Utica has a tournament next season over Turkey time.
            Last edited by joecct; 03-02-2017, 08:35 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Urica has a tournament next season over Turkey time.
              who?....hey Joe how about a thread tomorrow for old time sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                who?....hey Joe how about a thread tomorrow for old time sake.
                There is one under Conference Tournaments.

And there is no tomorrow, unless you're counting that Liberty League matchup of RPI @ Clarkson
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What media feeds are there for the game tomorrow? Any free video streams?
                  Hobart Statesmen
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  Boston College Eagles
                  Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
                  Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
                    What media feeds are there for the game tomorrow? Any free video streams?
                    Try this: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/utica/
                    2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                    2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                    2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                    2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                    2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                    2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                    Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                    1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                      Sweet. Excited for tomorrow.
                      Hobart Statesmen
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      Boston College Eagles

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"

Comment

Credit to you guys at UC if this was your last game of the season. Things continue to look good at the Aud. Hopefully the rivalry with Hobart continues!
                        And it must be a relief knowing you no longer need to beat Hobart to win a conference championship 😁.
                        Congrats on a great season.
                        Hobart Statesmen
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        Boston College Eagles

Comment

It wouldn't have been such a bitter pill today had Utica not dominated the OT as Hobart did the regulation... Literally, an inch or two, and I'd be singing a much happier tune right now.

Having said that, Hobart was the better team today. Heenan was out-coached and UC was out-efforted. Perhaps a perfect storm tonight could result in Utica salvaging a bid anyway, but I seriously doubt it.

Just the same, a good season. i predicted 16-18 wins, and got the latter. This team -if it remains intact- should be fine next year. Virtanen is the real deal, and all the crucial pieces are set to return. Just wish that Heenan could figure out how to win a big game once in a while.

Comment

It wouldn't have been such a bitter pill today had Utica not dominated the OT as Hobart did the regulation... Literally, an inch or two, and I'd be singing a much happier tune right now.

Having said that, Hobart was the better team today. Heenan was out-coached and UC was out-efforted. Perhaps a perfect storm tonight could result in Utica salvaging a bid anyway, but I seriously doubt it.

Just the same, a good season. i predicted 16-18 wins, and got the latter. This team -if it remains intact- should be fine next year. Virtanen is the real deal, and all the crucial pieces are set to return. Just wish that Heenan could figure out how to win a big game once in a while.
                            It's tough when Mark Taylor is one of the best coaches in D3... He runs the Hobart program much like a D1 program. I wonder if Heenan needs to adjust things going forward. He's a good coach too. Total goaltender duel today- Virtanen and Oplinger were both lights out
                            Hobart Statesmen
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            Boston College Eagles

Comment

Everyone I asked (all Utica fans, mind you) thought that the disallowed UC goal hit the back-post and rebounded out. The fact that it wasn't shown on replay supports that take on it. Did anyone get a definitive look?

Comment

Everyone I asked (all Utica fans, mind you) thought that the disallowed UC goal hit the back-post and rebounded out. The fact that it wasn't shown on replay supports that take on it. Did anyone get a definitive look?
                                I did not get a definitive look, but no one, and I mean no one (players coach etc) said boo. Gotta believe if anybody thought it was in they'd be complaining.....LOUDLY. but not a peep. And by the way they have above the net views at scorers table....at least for comets. Could have been reviewed.
                                Last edited by hue-z; 03-04-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X