Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    Next year, and for the next few years, this matchup's course will be defined by depth on the blue line. Hobart's old back there now and will lose a lot... Utica desperately needs to shore up their depth and have six healthy guys... You have....

Bors-Stefan
    Carter-Szajner

That's a group of four i'm comfortable with. The kid they just committed from the OJ is a brick house. Huge kid. Forward and goaltending they're going to be fine, Ammirato's back, they need to find someone fast enough to play the wing with him opposite Justin, but that should be easy enough. There's enough back on the roster to ensure a progression.... but they need two-three more legitimate D. You can play Schultz or Grose, or Bart as a spare.... but none of those three are what i'd call "every day guys". The OJ kid should help there, he'll kind of be replacement Kirisits I suppose.

I think they go as far as their D Zone depth takes them next year. For now, it's the Hobart show again.
    Bartell isn't a defenseman, at least not listed as one. I think they dressed him a few nights and Schultz one night to have enough players. Both guys really only saw a shift or 2 of ice time, I noticed guys were getting double shifted a lot the last few games. Going forward, I expect the defense to be solid, the few games Grose played he was pretty good. If Borsoi can play like he did the last 2 games, between him and Carter, I expect some good scoring chances from our defense.
    Utica Pioneers Hockey
    2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
    2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
    2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
    2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
      Bartell isn't a defenseman, at least not listed as one. I think they dressed him a few nights and Schultz one night to have enough players. Both guys really only saw a shift or 2 of ice time, I noticed guys were getting double shifted a lot the last few games. Going forward, I expect the defense to be solid, the few games Grose played he was pretty good. If Borsoi can play like he did the last 2 games, between him and Carter, I expect some good scoring chances from our defense.
      Bart played a bit of that in Juniors, but yeah, him, Schultzy, and Grose are kind of in-and-out ice time guys at this juncture, honestly. They'll put Max where they have to and let him run, he plays the game the right way for a bruising type, he really does. Grose is a bit of a project player but still gave them a couple of solid games at midyear. On D, provided that depth gets shored up a bit more (Wait until you see this new kid), you're going to see more of the same in terms of offensive presence, so you're absolutely right on that front. Borsoi, Carter, Szajner, and Stefan are going to pretty much have the green light to release and activate at will, and that's a pretty good veteran group to be able to do that with. Bors and Vinny are both coming off the best offensive years of their career.

Oh, as for the new kid, get a look at this....
      http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299258
      Our bite is worse than our bark....
      Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Heenan is on-record saying that there's no plan to do so...
        That would be very much a shame if they don't at least play once a year!
        Hobart Statesmen
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        Boston College Eagles
        Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
        Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

Heenan is on-record saying that there's no plan to do so...
          Oh I know.... i'm the one who asked that question and got it on record and then completely forgot it here because well, i'm not used to this whole not having Hobart in the conference thing (And i'm stuck in NCAA tournament land at the moment, enjoying that for all it's worth), but I don't think anyone is used to this yet. Just like i'll probably accidentally call it the ECAC West a few times come November. Like a kid coming back and writing the previous year on his papers after christmas break, I have old habits and they're definitely going to die hard here, may as well start my mental cleanse now haha.

Anyway, they'll iron something out eventually, I have a feeling they will. It's a good SOS game for both, good overall criteria game, and on travel it's a solid drive to decently visiting team friendly facilities as far as logistical things like locker rooms, postgame meals, etc. go. Even if they book something once per year, I eventually see it happening. Short term schedule commitments can make it tough to do something of that nature right away..... but as those open up, I suspect something will be worked out.
          Top guys, out.

Comment

To all the fine uscho posters who have made the trip to Utica: Welcome!

Hope to see some of you at the games!
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              To all the fine uscho posters who have made the trip to Utica: Welcome!

Hope to see some of you at the games!
              I'm here. You'll find me standing along the wall in one of the upper sections wearing a red jacket over a black DIII Women's Hockey Championships hoodie
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Stuck in office hours right now. Hope to be there soon!
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
                  I can confirm Mik has played his last game at Utica. Would have came back... then he applied to grad school and got back outstanding offers he couldn't pass on. I won't say where, but you'll learn soon enough.
                  He will be back after all. Change of plans. Got a one year deferral. Will be attending Yale Law after the upcoming season after a grad year at Utica.... as a co captain.
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

Congratulations to Ray Biggs on his new gig as UCHC SID -yes, my bold - but he'll be sorely missed by the hardcore Utica fanbase here. Ray is a D-3 maven who provided us with many an insightful nugget, and was the best analyst ESPN-UR has ever had by a country mile. I'm hopeful that he had a hand in selecting his replacement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Congratulations to Ray Biggs on his new gig as UCHC SID -yes, my bold - but he'll be sorely missed by the hardcore Utica fanbase here. Ray is a D-3 maven who provided us with many an insightful nugget, and was the best analyst ESPN-UR has ever had by a country mile. I'm hopeful that he had a hand in selecting his replacement...
                      Biggsy stated on twitter the day after the announcement that he intended to continue all of his current roles, and this new gig will just be a new responsibility piled on top.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Well that's good news! Thanks.

Comment

Well that's good news! Thanks.
                          Happy to give ya the good news!
                          Top guys, out.

Comment

D1 transfer
                            To Utica from Colorado College Gregg Burmaster local kid from Clinton.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                              D1 transfer
                              looks like another good D1 prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyguy1424 View Post
                                D1 transfer
                                Related to Gil?
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X