Utica College 2016/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Really interesting to hear some input from other people who don't have an axe to grind. Thanks, guys.

Having said that, Heenan actually admitted to "terrible" recent coaching tonight in the pre-game interview, and that's a start. I give him credit for admitting it publically.

UC got back to balls-out forechecking vs. Potsdam, the exact formula that got them to 8-0 to start the season. This team has to use its strength, which is foot-speed.

Why Heenan started Dill is tonight is a mystery to me, and I'd say the same thing about starting Bagetta last night... Unless Virtanen is injured, neither choice makes any sense.

Yet, Utica looked a lot more like the November team tonight than they have since then. Still leading the W, and having a shot at a favorable seed and the admittedly dubious AQ involved.

I have not given up on this team, even though its chances are fairly slim. They are fun to watch and a very dangerous team, once Heenan turns them loose and lets them play.

PS: As far as the impromptu vote goes, I'd fire him tonight. He has just done too little here, considering what he's had to work with. Been to many D-3 venues where nobody cared enough to show up, and Utica has a legit 2500 asses in the seats for every game. The fans here deserve to suffer less ego, and to witness more wins. The Heenan era has been an enduring frustration.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-21-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I didn't think the ECAC West got an AQ to the NCAA tourney yet , do they this year ??
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        I didn't think the ECAC West got an AQ to the NCAA tourney yet , do they this year ??
        No
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          No
          My bad. It's next year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            No. 2018-19 the uchc gets it.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              No. 2018-19 the uchc gets it.
              I'll believe it when I see it. (I fear for the RIT effect happening between now and then. )
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                I'll believe it when I see it. (I fear for the RIT effect happening between now and then. )
                Fear the MAC!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                  Unless the MAC forms, the UCHC is in good shape to have the autobid in 2018-19.

As of right now the UCHC looks like this in 2018-19:

Neumann
                  Elmira
                  Utica
                  Hobart
                  Nazareth
                  Chatham

MAC Teams:
                  Manhattanville
                  Lebanon Valley
                  Wilkes
                  Kings
                  Stevenson

So for the UCHC to lose the autobid for 2018-19, they would have to lose five teams. I don't see the MAC teams leaving unless they have one or two others schools for an autobid. Technically they could take Neumann and Chatham as Associate members for their seven.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

As a totally random comment, my six year old son came across a YouTube video of the Teddy Bear toss goal for 2016. He has become obsessed with watching all of the videos for all the years available and I get to explain to him what a great cause it is. Great event, guys! Can't believe I just found out about it!
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Re: Utica College 2016/2017

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Fear the MAC!
                      Exactly............
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        As a totally random comment, my six year old son came across a YouTube video of the Teddy Bear toss goal for 2016. He has become obsessed with watching all of the videos for all the years available and I get to explain to him what a great cause it is. Great event, guys! Can't believe I just found out about it!
                        Great to hear! What year is his favorite?
                        2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Having never been to a Utica Teddy Bear toss I don't want to automatically loop them in to this, but I went to the Syracuse Crunch one this year and was kind of disappointed. I remember years ago (and maybe still do) Plattsburgh would do a can/toy donation for $$ off admission. Cool. I go to the Crunch Teddy Bear toss and see Crunch workers taking stuffed animals out of large garbage bags and placing them in every seat of the lower bowl. Who ever donated them, cool, hats off. But what ever happened to people just doing this (bringing stuff in for the needy) just to do it? Looks great on TV but when you see stuffed animals being placed in seats hours before the gates open (we had a youth tournament so we had free reign of the building for the most part) it kind of takes away from the overall good nature thought behind it. Again, this might now be the case in Utica, but saw it first hand in Syracuse.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Having never been to a Utica Teddy Bear toss I don't want to automatically loop them in to this, but I went to the Syracuse Crunch one this year and was kind of disappointed. I remember years ago (and maybe still do) Plattsburgh would do a can/toy donation for $$ off admission. Cool. I go to the Crunch Teddy Bear toss and see Crunch workers taking stuffed animals out of large garbage bags and placing them in every seat of the lower bowl. Who ever donated them, cool, hats off. But what ever happened to people just doing this (bringing stuff in for the needy) just to do it? Looks great on TV but when you see stuffed animals being placed in seats hours before the gates open (we had a youth tournament so we had free reign of the building for the most part) it kind of takes away from the overall good nature thought behind it. Again, this might now be the case in Utica, but saw it first hand in Syracuse.
                            I was at UVM's Teddy Bear Toss this year. A bit underwhelming visually, but some people brought large plastic bags full of teddy bears (and some just threw the entire bag over the glass all at once, which looked stupid)
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Utica fans bring their own stuffed animals to toss, they are not provided.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Unless the MAC forms, the UCHC is in good shape to have the autobid in 2018-19.

As of right now the UCHC looks like this in 2018-19:

Neumann
                                Elmira
                                Utica
                                Hobart
                                Nazareth
                                Chatham

MAC Teams:
                                Manhattanville
                                Lebanon Valley
                                Wilkes
                                Kings
                                Stevenson

So for the UCHC to lose the autobid for 2018-19, they would have to lose five teams. I don't see the MAC teams leaving unless they have one or two others schools for an autobid. Technically they could take Neumann and Chatham as Associate members for their seven.
                                This won't last until 2018-19. Hell, we'll be lucky if it lasts until the end of this season. Which we won't be.
                                Last edited by XYZ; 01-23-2017, 01:37 AM.
                                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X