X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Shatner 1

Shatner 2
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-03-2016, 10:11 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gotta admit, when I saw A2 in the theater and Shatner opened the door I may have laughed harder than I ever have.

Pretty sure I was drunk, but still.
      Last edited by Kepler; 12-03-2016, 04:45 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nice article on Jimmy Stewart, PTSD, and "It's a Wonderful Life"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...01-column.html
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          This is one of the many reasons why you fail. Airplane! is great. Total classic.
          Fyp.

Comment

Arrival is good. It will be interesting to talk about once a sufficient number of people have seen it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's on my list.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It's on my list.
                Ditto.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

For what it is, it was funny. Good time-killer. There was one line that made me laugh hysterically b/c it was so offensive...I actually was surprised that they allowed that in the movie.

Hip Hop Evolution:

Netflix 4 part series (1 hr per ep or so) on the birth and evolution of hip hop/rap. Amazing. 5 stars. The little details, the footage, everything. Very well done. I cannot recommend enough, even if one isn't a fan of the genre. My take is that people in my generation (or so) saw the birth of a whole new genre of music, something that was never really heard before, or even thought of before, and this does a tremendous job of explaining how it came to be.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Star Trek Beyond. I think this might be the best of the reboot series. Obviously the CGI is light years (ahhh) ahead of the TV series, but this felt the closest to the series in story than either of the previous two and Bones remains my favorite character this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Star Trek Beyond. I think this might be the best of the reboot series. Obviously the CGI is light years (ahhh) ahead of the TV series, but this felt the closest to the series in story than either of the previous two and Bones remains my favorite character this time around.
                      I really like Star Trek Beyond, too. This one has the most Star Trek series references, tossed all over the place, and from multiple series.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Get Down:

This was kind of all over the board. Broadway musical, history lesson, coming of age story....but it worked. At times it kinda went off the rails, but came back home to make it work. The crayon is the secret! Great little bit, right there!

Stretch And Bobbito:

Doc on a NYC radio show, who featured un-signed hip hop artists. You know, people like Wu Tang, Jay-Z, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Biggie Smalls, etc. :shock: Slap Shot and Handyman's pay grade will show here, mine is sub-par, IMO. Have a feeling they knew about this show. I had no idea. I have a feeling I'll be dialing up youtube vids of the show and such to learn more. Great doc.
                        Last edited by The Rube; 12-05-2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Man vs. Snake The Twisted Tale of Nibbler...

If you liked King of Kong you will like this. Many of the same people involved (though Billy Mitchell is way less of a ******) but this was about a guy who was the first to crack a BILLION in any game (little known game called Nibbler) and his quest to do it again. I mean it is cheesy as hell and these people take this stuff way too seriously but like I said if you liked King of Kong you will like this one
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Man vs. Snake The Twisted Tale of Nibbler...

If you liked King of Kong you will like this. Many of the same people involved (though Billy Mitchell is way less of a ******) but this was about a guy who was the first to crack a BILLION in any game (little known game called Nibbler) and his quest to do it again. I mean it is cheesy as hell and these people take this stuff way too seriously but like I said if you liked King of Kong you will like this one
                            Saw that a while back, agreed on Billy Mitchell, and agreed with your take.

Comment

The Girl On The Train:

While a decent movie, it really thought it was smarter than it actually was. Bordering on a little pretentious. "Oh, we'll throw some philosophical meanderings in there about what is real and not real" and it'll be wondrous! Meh, not really.

Comment

OH SON OF A :censored:

I got the "Girl/Train" from 2013, not 2016. Totally different movie. ***. My review still stands, btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X