This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Spaceballs holds up much better than "weak overall", but it's also not Blazing Saddles.

Comment

Yeah, it's better than "weak overall".
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Maybe I'm still comparing it to YF and BS. And that's my fault. I still laugh at it, but it's not one of the stronger movies of his, over time.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'll concede that the best Spaceballs jokes require viewing of the original Star Wars trilogy first. However, anyone who hasn't seen that is either a sci-fi anti-nerd like bb_dl, or has lived under a rock for their entire life.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I'll concede that the best Spaceballs jokes require viewing of the original Star Wars trilogy first. However, anyone who hasn't seen that is either a sci-fi anti-nerd like bb_dl, or has lived under a rock for their entire life.
            Agreed.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow. Manchester by the Sea is cleaning up as much as La La Land. I'm a little shocked. Maybe not so much when even Kepler relented on a movie about Boston.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, someone tell Casey Affleck to take a dam bath. Is this really how you wanted to look for your first Oscar? Yeesh.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Wow. Manchester by the Sea is cleaning up as much as La La Land. I'm a little shocked. Maybe not so much when even Kepler relented on a movie about Boston.
                  Manchester was great and la la land was a flaming pile of garbage.
                  Arrival was my fav of year

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Manchester was great and la la land was a flaming pile of garbage.
                    Arrival was my fav of year
                    God, this is going to come off totally wrong. Why doesn't it surprise me that you hated that movie?

What the **** is happening?
                    Code:

Comment

This is quite unreal...
                      Code:

Comment

Uh, so there are going to be some surprised people tomorrow morning.

I kind of figured some serious **** was up when some random guy with a headset was frantically running through the La La Land crowd.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I kind of figured some serious **** was up when some random guy with a headset was frantically running through the La La Land crowd.
                          I turned it and am so mad I missed the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Also, someone tell Casey Affleck to take a dam bath. Is this really how you wanted to look for your first Oscar? Yeesh.
                            He was interviewed before the show and said he's currently working on a film and the beard will go in a couple of weeks. He admitted it was not the best look for the Oscars.

Comment

Warren Beatty looked confused from the start. Pretty unbelievable finish to the show.

Comment

Yeah something seemed odd when that was happening. Did he really take the wrong card from the pile? (And Faye was technically the one who read it.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X