• Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I just like to have coffee in all of my meetings. It serves three purposes:
    1. It's warm (or cold in the summer!) and coffee is good
    2. It provides caffeine
    3. If someone is being a moron, I can throw it at them
    I wish coffee didn't taste like feet. I'd be an addict since I require all of those things to function.

But coffee does taste like feet. That's it's one crippling flaw -- it's just awful. The only things that fix that problem destroy the purpose of drinking coffee rather than something that tastes good.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I wish coffee didn't taste like feet. I'd be an addict since I require all of those things to function.

But coffee does taste like feet. That's it's one crippling flaw -- it's just awful. The only things that fix that problem destroy the purpose of drinking coffee rather than something that tastes good.
      I weaned myself on to it. Started with a lot of cream and sugar and eventually reduced those until I got to where I am today. If it's not Shaft strong and black, I am not a fan.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I weaned myself on to it. Started with a lot of cream and sugar and eventually reduced those until I got to where I am today. If it's not Shaft strong and black, I am not a fan.
        Hmm. Did you hate it at first, though?
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

HATED it. I had to choke it down a sip at a time. Honestly. The first week I didn't even finish half my cup.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

HATED it. I had to choke it down a sip at a time. Honestly. The first week I didn't even finish half my cup.
            That's actually amazing that you were able to rewire your tastes. I'm going to take a shot at it, so if you are lying I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.
            Cornell University

Comment

I've also done the same thing with tea in the last year. Though not with cream and sugar. I've just choked it down and learned to like it. Now I go for the unsweetened black
              Code:

Comment

I still hate it unless it's cold and even then I'm not ordering purely coffee on ice.

Comment

That's actually amazing that you were able to rewire your tastes. I'm going to take a shot at it, so if you are lying I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.
                  Hahahaha

It's also possible that I have slowly lost my bitter taste receptors. We have a respirator fit test where they spray the most bitter substance known in your mouth until you can taste it. Most people taste it within two or three sprays. I'm usually at about 20-30 before I get it.
                  Code:

Comment

Oh, and one more tip. If you don't like acidity, get cold press coffee. Not iced, cold brewed/pressed. It removes a lot of the acidity leaving an a much more mellow brew.

Trying different brands and roasts is important too. Caribou Coffee roasts their beans on the light side while Starbucks likes to almost burn them.

I prefer Caribou. YMMV.
                    Code:

Comment

It's also possible that I have slowly lost my bitter taste receptors. We have a respirator fit test where they spray the most bitter substance known in your mouth until you can taste it. Most people taste it within two or three sprays. I'm usually at about 20-30 before I get it.
                      Christ, isn't that a sign of something bad? Like you have Bubonic Mouth Plague or something?
                      Cornell University

Comment

Could be. I should actually ask my doctor about that. I'm seeing her in a couple days here. Might be a good non sequitor.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Hahahaha

You don't do a smoke test for your respirator fit test? I have to do one every year.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I think that's what killed me on it. When I was a kid, I'd try coffee, but added so much sugar and cream that it was too sickeningly sweet to drink. Never acquired the taste for it. Give me an ice cold Coke from Mickey D's in the morning anytime.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

That's not quite true. Most of the truly terrible pre-50s movies have been lost (truly lost -- the film stock itself has long since deteriorated). Rest assured there were just as many awful early movies as there are now, but time has done us all a favor.
                              Time and hyper-flammable nitrate film, that is.

Still, you have to wonder how many riff-ably bad movies from the era we lost.

Comment

Unthinkable:

An American Muslim convert has hidden 3 nuclear bombs somewhere in America. An FBI interrogator and a black ops interrogator question him to get the answers they need.

I thought is was very good. Obviously, you insert "black ops" you're gonna get some questionable tactics involved. That's the meat of the story, IMO. Definitely recommend.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X