X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Hate to tell you this but newbies will be closer to me than you Bachelor-boy
    And more people genuinely love Justin Bieber more than Mozart. Your point?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Das Boot (the FULL version) is also along the lines of a silent movie with sound. Great movie, but you need to be in the mood for it, and have a lot of patience.
      Helps if you know German too. I mean I'm sure it's not requirement but it helped me.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Clockwork Orange is quite good but for me it worked better as Trainspotting.

I've given 2001 three full runs and it's still an overly ambitious miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Clockwork Orange is quite good but for me it worked better as Trainspotting.
          I still need to see this.

I've given 2001 three full runs and it's still an overly ambitious miss.
          If the three were at fairly different ages then I'd say you've given it the old college try. Not every movie has to be for every one.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Another movie that's better than the book: Naked Lunch. The movie is by no means great, but it's fine. The book, well, the best I can say for it is I have not yet tried to read it on heroin.
            Cornell University

Comment

I can find three things wrong with that title
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                And more people genuinely love Justin Bieber more than Mozart. Your point?
                That your little shot at me doesnt work because people are stupid...duh

It doesnt surprise me though you love CK...it is long winded, slow and completely overdone. It sounds like every person from an Ivy (or close to right Suny-Ithaca) I have ever met. CK is about as exciting as a lecture about 12th Century Mongolian Economies on a Saturday morning without any coffee
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The movie argument notwithstanding if you don't like Louis CK that is all on you and it doesn't look good. If I could hear one comedy routine ever for the rest of my life it would be: Being White

Comment

Citizen Kane is one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. Such a self indulgent piece of crap. I get what all the things film geeks love about it but it was a snoozefest.
                    Nonsense. It's not as good as everyone thinks it is, but it's still pretty solid.

Comment

The movie argument notwithstanding if you don't like Louis CK that is all on you and it doesn't look good. If I could hear one comedy routine ever for the rest of my life it would be: Being White

Hey now I love Louis! You and Kepler can eat a bag of dicks!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey now I love Louis! You and Kepler can eat a bag of dicks!
                        Should I suck on them and toss 'em in a bowl like edamame?

Comment

The Road to Perdition book is on sale at Amazon for 99 cents
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Should I suck on them and toss 'em in a bowl like edamame?
                            Seeing Louis live is amazing. Sitting there, half drunk as he does Of Course, But Maybe not knowing how far he will go is an experience I cant even really properly describe. The crowd was simultaneously ready to die laughing and scream bloody murder!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Louis' bit on his 4 year old daughter is genius. Pure genius. And truth.

Clockwork Orange was......interesting. I cannot say it was great. Although I'll never hear "Singing In The Rain" the same way ever again.

Citizen Kane is a movie that I always heard was a movie-maker's movie, and it's boring as f*. So I may see it someday, but it's hardly on my list of "next to watch."

Edit: Louis bit, NSFW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaIFgse4Hw
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Rope:

It was discussed earlier in the thread. It was well done, quite a different approach compared to Compulsion. Recommend both.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X