This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    This is simple, the reason the book is usually better than the movie is because they don't make movies out of ****ty books.
    A quick Internet search debunks that theory.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Has there ever been a case where the movie was better than the book?
      Shawshank. The novella is good, the movie is a classic. I'd argue Stand By Me as well (both from the same King novella collection, btw).

Comment

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        This is simple, the reason the book is usually better than the movie is because they don't make movies out of ****ty books.
        What were those sparkly vampire/werewolf movies from a few years ago that were based upon books? Something tells me they're not such great books.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          What were those sparkly vampire/werewolf movies from a few years ago that were based upon books? Something tells me they're not such great books.
          Don't forget the 50 shades of crap series.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Shawshank. The novella is good, the movie is a classic. I'd argue Stand By Me as well (both from the same King novella collection, btw).
            I've always wished they'd make a movie out of The Long Walk.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

field of dreams?

have the book but not read it yet.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                field of dreams?

have the book but not read it yet.
                Didn't like it, but I am the 1% when it comes to that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Jurassic Park novel and movie are equally solid. The rest of the film adaptations of Crichton novels are mediocre-to-horrendous - Tim Curry doing Boris Badenov in Congo, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The Jurassic Park novel and movie are equally solid. The rest of the film adaptations of Crichton novels are mediocre-to-horrendous - Tim Curry doing Boris Badenov in Congo, anyone?
                    Until you mentioned Time Curry I had completely forgotten he was in that movie. The only thing I could remember about it were the gorillas and the American sidekick telling the Congolese boatman that his French name was odd for that part of the world, and then being told off for making the comment.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Contact may be my favorite movie of all time, but 10 Things I Hate About You may be the most fun to watch.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Contact may be my favorite movie of all time, but 10 Things I Hate About You may be the most fun to watch.
                        YES! (not the same movies, but the context is perfect)

Red Cliff is my favorite movie of all time as for quality, but I'll never tire of watching Bounty Killer.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Get the **** out of my decade!
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            There Will Be Blood, not sure about most fun, maybe Caddyshack.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Congo is still one in the Top 10 of Great Bad Movies.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

My favorite movie of all time that no one else seems to have seen is Murder in the First. Of those known to everyone probably Godfather or Shawshank. Most laugh inducing might be Caddyshack although Fletch has an even longer list of catch phrases and Airplane deserves considerable mention.

Comment

Working...
                                X