X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Slowly I turned...

I'm going to choose to believe you're being deliberately perverse. Someday you will accept Jean Shepherd as your personal savior.
    I'm not. I've seen it three times and every time I ask myself why I just wasted two hours of my life on that movie. It's kitsch in all the wrong ways.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    You're pure evil.
    This hasn't been ruled out yet.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You haven't seen Ferris Bueller, so your opinion doesn't count, Millennial.
    *shrug* I've not seen a lot of movies. Don't you have another check to write grandpa?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No he is right. A Christmas Story is a cancer and not having cable is my chemo!
    Thank you.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Christmas TV:

1. Charlie Brown
      2. Year Without A Santa Claus
      3. Rudolph
      4. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
      5. Frosty

Movies:

1. Home Alone
      2. A Christmas Story
      3. Christmas Vacation
      4. Scrooged
      5. Home Alone 2
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Just got out of Rogue One...i will post more later but I found it rather meh. First half is booooooring but once stuff starts up it gets better. My buddy gave it a 5 I gave it a 6. Lots of potential but but wasted.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I Am Not A Serial Killer

A teen who is a sociopath has to deal with another serial killer, who may not be human. The Star Trib had a tiny blurb on the TV Guide page this week, mentioning it had Christopher Lloyd and the chick who played Lydia on Breaking Bad, so I gave it a whirl. Meh. Started off great, then went Stephen King on it (think: Needful Things ending, which I hated; similar arc, too).

And in Christmas Story, the mom is the lesbian in Slap Shot. That ruined many a childhood. Or saved many a childhood. I forget which.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

She's also the mom in Harry & the Hendersons.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Just got out of Rogue One...i will post more later but I found it rather meh. First half is booooooring but once stuff starts up it gets better. My buddy gave it a 5 I gave it a 6. Lots of potential but but wasted.
              So...every Star Wars movie except TESB?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                So...every Star Wars movie except TESB?
                No in many ways worse. It is almost like they had half a script (the action parts that take up the last 45 minutes to an hour) and the rest was like 3-4 different movies that kind of got meshed together. They go to planets for no reason, introduce characters that serve ****ed near zero purpose, shoehorn in some storylines that make zero sense and try too ****ed hard to include cameos and call backs that are rather grown worthy. This movie was closer to Attack of the Clones than it was anything in the original trilogy.

It isnt terrible and overall I am not mad I paid to watch it but I wont watch it again. There is really no redeeming value to it and it honestly doesnt add anything to the mythos. The movie was a full on cash grab...lets see how many references we can make to the original trilogy while aping storylines from all the movies and then end it with a cool fire fight and ESB like ending.

I am trying to avoid posting any spoilers. I also know my opinion is going to be in the minority.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I greatly enjoyed Rogue One and I would like to see it again to see how it holds up to a second viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                    I greatly enjoyed Rogue One and I would like to see it again to see how it holds up to a second viewing.
                    Fully agree. I enjoyed it the first time and will see it again.

Comment

Rogue 1 today.

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Rogue 1 today.

Looking forward to it.
                        I hope you like it
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Quite possibly my favorite Star Wars movie.

Amazing that a Star Wars movie could deliver on this level after all these years and the (relative) failure of I-III and VI.

I liked last year's addition... a lot, but this felt fresh in a way that TFA couldn't. Maybe coz it wasn't burdened by the main storyline/arc or characters.

I loved all of the cameos and none felt forced to me.

Such a thing to do... go to a new Star Wars movie. It's part of our shared experience. And to have it be this good on so many levels.

Outstanding.
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-17-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Quite possibly my favorite Star Wars movie.

Amazing that a Star Wars movie could deliver on this level after all these years and the (relative) failure of I-III and VI.

I liked last year's addition... a lot, but this felt fresh in a way that TFA couldn't. Maybe coz it wasn't burdened by the main storyline/arc or characters.

I loved all of the cameos and none felt forced to me.

Such a thing to do... go to a new Star Wars movie. It's part of our shared experience. And to have it be this good on so many levels.

Outstanding.
                            That is the nice thing, we can all have different experiences seeing things. Glad you enjoyed it
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm not a SW freak, but have liked the movies over the years and am old enough that I saw all of them in the theaters. I played with the toys as a kid and my kid was of age to see III in the theater and collected the toys and all that so I was more into I-III than they warranted based on quality although I liked III enough.

Haven't read any of the EU books, but understand the overall mythos probably better than the average person.

Where am I going with this?

I enjoyed the first animated Clone Wars - the shorts on Cartoon Network that were graphic novel-like stylistically.

Really don't like the actual series that they've done even though I like the subject matter that is the CWs. The droids drive me nuts as do much of the Separatists and politics. Also - it's a bit cheeky in its presentation.

So how is the Rebels series?

Anyone watch it?
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-17-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

The Rebels series is a mixed bag. The first season had some good content, but people didn't like that the kid around which the show centered had this slingshot styled energy weapon, and with good reason. The second season was really good, and right now the third season feels like it has a lot more potential than they're delivering, though it's only 1/2 way finished. They've brought in Grand Admiral Thrawn, the Empire's lead villain in the EU's first novel RotJ, released in . Thrawn was a great villain, so much so that the three books became known as "The Thrawn Trilogy," but they were originally meant to be known as Eps VII - IX once Lucas decided not to film those movies; they were even edited and approved by George Lucas for certain bits of content. They Rebels production team has tried to capture Thrawn's character from the novels in the cartoon this season, but he's only been involved in three or four episodes thus far and not nearly as powerful of a personality as the novelized version of the character.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X