Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Rec for linking the two.
    The only reason you like Buckaroo is because the bad guy's resume includes a Clarkson education.

Or was that Remo Williams?

Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    The only reason you like Buckaroo is because the bad guy's resume includes a Clarkson education.
    Which guy? I think you told me this before.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

I am sick of Samuel L. Jackson...the dude is in 75% of the movies that come out now and he literally plays the same guy in each one. Clint Howard has more range
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I am sick of Samuel L. Jackson...the dude is in 75% of the movies that come out now and he literally plays the same guy in each one. Clint Howard has more range
    Kind of like Liam Neeson in his past half dozen movies?

Liam and Sam have range, but they are now stuck in "character" mode. It sucks.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Buckaroo and Big Trouble are amazing.

wubba lubba dub dub

Black Snake Moan. He plays an entirely different character than you've seen from Samuel L. Jackson in a very long time.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Black Snake Moan. He plays an entirely different character than you've seen from Samuel L. Jackson in a very long time.
    That was one messed up, but awesome, movie. And I agree on that role.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

So I heard on the radio today that Eddie Murphy teeeted "coming to America sequel??"

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    So I heard on the radio today that Eddie Murphy teeeted "coming to America sequel??"
    Escaping from America?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Escaping from America?
    Prince Akeem: Good morning, my neighbors!
    Voice: Hey, f-ck you!
    Prince Akeem: [genuinely happy] Yes, yes! F-ck you too!

That passage always makes homesick for NY.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Please no.

Eddie is doing anything to make a buck nowadays. It's so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Prince Akeem: Good morning, my neighbors!
    Voice: Hey, f-ck you!
    Prince Akeem: [genuinely happy] Yes, yes! F-ck you too!

That passage always makes homesick for NY.
    King Jaffe Joffer: Semmi, you have disgraced yourself, and you must be punished. Confine yourself to our royal suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.
    King Jaffe Joffer: And see that he puts on some decent attire.
    King Jaffe Joffer: And I want you to bathe him thoroughly.
    Semmi: Oh, thank you, Your Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    King Jaffe Joffer: Semmi, you have disgraced yourself, and you must be punished. Confine yourself to our royal suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.
    King Jaffe Joffer: And see that he puts on some decent attire.
    King Jaffe Joffer: And I want you to bathe him thoroughly.
    Semmi: Oh, thank you, Your Majesty.
    Prince Akeem: Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?
    Cleo McDowell: No, I didn't.
    Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.

What a great movie.

"When you think of garbage think of Akeem!"

Watch that back to back with Trading Places and you will laugh so much you could cure cancer!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

The new Disney live action Beauty and the Beast seems to be getting divided reviews. A rave in The New York Post, a pan in The Wall St. Journal. I haven't read the review on Roger Ebert's website yet (yes they have been keeping it going...), though I see it got three stars.

http://www.rogerebert.com/
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

I think it shows the lack of creativity at Disney that they are doing this stuff. I mean from all accounts it is almost the exact same movie as the cartoon...whats the point?

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I think it shows the lack of creativity at Disney that they are doing this stuff. I mean from all accounts it is almost the exact same movie as the cartoon...whats the point?

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
    What's the point?

$$$$$$

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    What's the point?

$$$$$$
    I'm curious if that Pete's Dragon remake made them any money. It didn't seem to be a big hit, and while there may be other projects like these two that are filming, not producing stellar profits could (hopefully) kill other re-boot projects that are still in the script/casting phases.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Plus...no Jerry Orbach!
    Because a lot of people went to see the live-action Jungle book, and so now we're doomed with live-action remakes for the next 10 years.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    What's the point?

$$$$$$
    Thanks Captain Obvious

Well my feeling is No Jerry Orbach = No money!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information