This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

The trailer for Cruise's Mummy looks awful, as does Kong: Skull Island. I will say the latter looks beautiful and the cast is intriguing, but the monster island story line does nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      The trailer for Cruise's Mummy looks awful, as does Kong: Skull Island. I will say the latter looks beautiful and the cast is intriguing, but the monster island story line does nothing for me.
      Heard the same about Mummy. Have not heard about Kong.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm looking forward to The Mummy.
        Spiderman Homecoming trailer looks good.
        Guardians of the Galaxy II looks fantastic.

I want to see Nocturnal Animals and Miss Sloane this weekend. Still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts yet. Maybe I'll hit 3 in one weekend.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fantastic Beasts is fun, more fun the Harry Potter movies, I'd say. The other two movies are entirely unknown to me, never seen a commercial even.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Fantastic Beasts is fun, more fun the Harry Potter movies, I'd say. The other two movies are entirely unknown to me, never seen a commercial even.
            Agreed. While I love all things Potter, I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts more than most of the HP movies.
            I do think Eddie Redmayne is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Comment

The trailer for Spider-Man:Homecoming looks very promising. Love Michael Keaton in a bad guy role, Marisa Tomei, I guess more IM is a good thing? Talk about a cash cow for RDJ.

Comment

Manchester by the Sea. A+. At least 4 Oscar-worthy acting performances, plus the director. I cannot recommend this enough.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Manchester by the Sea. A+. At least 4 Oscar-worthy acting performances, plus the director. I cannot recommend this enough.
                  Matt Damon helped produce a movie about a Boston-area janitor? Say it ain't so.

Appears to be playing in the art-house theaters around here, which means at least a 15-mile drive for me. Maybe next weekend, when it isn't snowing.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll have to try and hit it during the week. It won't be at either theater next weekend...
                  Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-11-2016, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Matt Damon helped produce a movie about a Boston-area janitor? Say it ain't so.

Appears to be playing in the art-house theaters around here, which means at least a 15-mile drive for me. Maybe next weekend, when it isn't snowing.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll have to try and hit it during the week. It won't be at either theater next weekend...
                    It played a first run mainstream theater here.

Here's the thing. I hate, in order of horror, (1) Mas-sholes, (2) Movies about Mas-sholes, (3) Actors and directors who make movies about Mas-sholes. This movie involves, on paper, all those things. But I still think it's a great movie -- quality level of theater rather than screen. When the Great Douc-hebag Plague of 2033 wipes out every person within the triangle formed by Portsmouth, NH --> Falmouth, MA --> Hartford, CT, we will burn every movie reference to Boston except for this movie and pretend there was something worth saving in the place.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mindless entertainment is back!!

@FastFurious: Family will be broken. Watch THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS trailer now. #F8 is in theaters April 14. https://***********/FastFurious/stat...067648/video/1
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I actually really like Casey Affleck, so I'm looking forward to Manchester By the Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Mindless entertainment is back!!

@FastFurious: Family will be broken. Watch THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS trailer now. #F8 is in theaters April 14. https://***********/FastFurious/stat...067648/video/1
                          I need to make up a sign: Stop the Diesel Engine Now!
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yoga Hosers:

Kevin Smith movie, so figured I'd give it a shot. About 2 HS girls who get invited to a senior party, but end up fighting mutant Nazi monsters. Yes, you read that right. Bizarre movie, have a feeling you need to be really messed up drugs to really enjoy it. It had its moments, but meh. Apparantly the second part of a trilogy.

Lucky Number Slevin:

Twisty turny hot mess of a movie that somehow ends up working. Reminded me a bit of Burn After Reading, in that you won't like the movie until all the ends are tied up. Then you look back and at least kind of like it.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yoga Hosers is set in the same universe as another movie he made...Tusk. Also one of the stars is his daughter Harley.

If you ever listen to him talk about these movies you might understand them a bit more. He made Tusk as sort of an open source project on film making. He was done with making movies and focusing more of public speaking and his podcasts but people would email him asking how to develop scripts and how to make movies independently so he randomly came up with an idea and built Tusk from there. Yoga Hosers came next. These movies got him back into wanting to make movies again. (he was done...especially after the way Bruce Willis treated him when they made a movie) Hell he did an entire podcast reading all the negative reviews of the movie he cares so little about it
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Yoga Hosers is set in the same universe as another movie he made...Tusk. Also one of the stars is his daughter Harley.

If you ever listen to him talk about these movies you might understand them a bit more. He made Tusk as sort of an open source project on film making. He was done with making movies and focusing more of public speaking and his podcasts but people would email him asking how to develop scripts and how to make movies independently so he randomly came up with an idea and built Tusk from there. Yoga Hosers came next. These movies got him back into wanting to make movies again. (he was done...especially after the way Bruce Willis treated him when they made a movie) Hell he did an entire podcast reading all the negative reviews of the movie he cares so little about it
                                Yeah, I IMDB'd the movie (like I always do after seeing one) and read about that. Yoga Hosers was just so bizarre, I wasn't expecting that, although I don't know what I was expecting in the first place. I might check out Tusk, for the heck of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X