This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    You, sir, can go straight to hell. Now. It's fine if you're not a fan. But to compare her to Renee?
    She is just as repulsive and annoying. Sorry.

Comment

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      She is just as repulsive and annoying. Sorry.
      No.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Had HBO free for the weekend and taped a few movies. One if them was The Road To Perdition. Hadn't seen that since it came out in 2002; thoroughly enjoyable.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The problem in The Accountant isnt Anna Kendrick...it is that her character is just pointless. She is fine.
          The character COULD have had a point, but they decided to completely half-arse it. Which made it pointless. Here she is......and poof gone. Until the end of the movie for one scene that is supposedly meant to touch your heart. Whoopdeedoo.

Little Sister:

A former goth who's studying to become a nun has her faith tested when she comes home to visit her brother, who was disfigured in the Iraq conflict. It was decent, although very raw, due to it being (what I assume to be) a low-budget indie movie. Kind of a "slice of life" movie, dealing with family relationships and such. If you're adventurous it's worth a gander.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Had HBO free for the weekend and taped a few movies. One if them was The Road To Perdition. Hadn't seen that since it came out in 2002; thoroughly enjoyable.
            Watched Deadpool last night. What a hoot.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Paths of Glory now on MGM. One of my favorite movies.

The French High Command is portrayed as on big PoS.

Trivia - the future Mrs. Stanley Kubrick was the cabaret singer in the last scenes.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Watched Deadpool last night. What a hoot.
                Deadpool is a dam classic in comedy. Not only the payoff dialogue, but the asides are equally hilarious. "Bad Deadpool. 7. *shrug* Good Deadpool."
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

About Scout:

When her carnie dad takes her sister with him, a teen teams up with an unstable man to find her and take her home.

Messed up family in a messed up situation. It's a heartfelt movie, dealing with hope and friendship and love. It's done fairly well, you can sympathize with the characters. I can understand if a viewer thinks it's a little Hallmark-y, because it is, but they definitely don't overdo it at all. I'd give it a go.

Comment

I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore:

A timid nurse and her neighbor go after the people who broke into her home.

This movie was all over the place. It's part "God Bless America," part "Big Lebowski," and part "crime drama." It was good, but could have been SO much better if it focused on one aspect of the previously mentioned styles.

Brave:

Yes, the Disney movie. Outstanding movie. The story was great: princess angers 3 elders, and gets an ill-fated wish granted, and has to correct everything. The animation was spectacular. At times, you even forget it's animated. Highly recommend.

Comment

Zero Dark Thirty

I don't know how this won best picture. Maybe I need to see it again. The final scenes were well done. But there must have been a lot I missed.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Zero Dark Thirty

I don't know how this won best picture. Maybe I need to see it again. The final scenes were well done. But there must have been a lot I missed.
                        It was the general subject matter. It was a decent movie, but agree it wasn't best pic, IMO.

Comment

• Robin Hood: Men in Tights

This was my first Mel Brooks movie. Has its moments, but not as funny as Spaceballs or Blazing Saddles.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Robin Hood: Men in Tights

This was my first Mel Brooks movie. Has its moments, but not as funny as Spaceballs or Blazing Saddles.
                            Good God.....that movie did NOT age well at all. It's borderline horrid at this point, relatively.

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are timeless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Good God.....that movie did NOT age well at all. It's borderline horrid at this point, relatively.

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are timeless.
                              Whee would you put Spaceballs?
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Whee would you put Spaceballs?
                                It holds because Star Wars is timeless. But it's definitely a "period piece" given some of the jokes. It's weak overall at this point, but has its moments.

Comment

Working...
                                X