Thread: NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

Wildcats coming off a win and a tie at Ferris and Huskies coming off a loss and a tie at Michigan. Tech won the series 3-1 last season. Ready, go.

sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar

Re: NMU vs. MTU 10/28-29

I'll bite ... Tech by a bit at the McInnes for '75 team ... a closer game to the Huskies at the Berry.

Michigan Tech Fan

I will not predict a loss. Tech sweeps.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

I'll say a home and home SPLIT.
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Beer... Lots of beer...

Just need to see if its happy or sad beer....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Both games televised in the UP on TV6 this weekend. The pregame show on Friday is on FoxUP, featuring live interviews with many of the 1975 guys in attendance.

No woofing this week?

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    No woofing this week?
    Well the Huskies are all bark and no bite this year!

Heading to the KBC in a couple hours for pre-game. Good to be back in the Keweenaw again.
    Go Tech!

On the road for my first ever game at the Berry, for the most part thought the game last night was well played by both teams. It was the cleanest RIVALRY game I have ever witnessed. Payne was getting knocked down regularly, but not a real physical game last night. I expect a bit more friction tonight.
    I want to see L'Esperance, Heinonen, and Steman get rewarded. Neville took a slap shot right at the end of the game, was surprised he finished the next shift. Go Tech.

Forgot to mention That Gould and Blacklock looked good last night. Today, we watched the 5 minute major calls again on the tv feed and I guess I do not understand the rules.
    If I was reffing, the hit on Auk was 2:00 for an elbow, possibly another 2:00 for hit from behind.
    The hit on Heinonen was not to the head, it must be the new rule of hitting when vulnerable to warrant the 5:00. Finally, Gould's was a 2:00 minute boarding call. Was anyone else doubting why they were so quick to kick out players on marginal calls? The rules should protect the players, I am all for it, but let's not turn hockey into soccer.

Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    Well the Huskies are all bark and no bite this year!
    I'd say we bit pretty hard with NMU in the building.
    Michigan Tech: Now go do, that voodoo, that YOU do, so well!

Boosh Factor (4/23/16): 4.3333333333333

Sorry Dave, I had to :
    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 (on MTU's 2011 coach search)
    Time to anoint the next sacrificial lamb. And if he tops .5oo once in the next five years, that will be an accomplishment.

Blistering Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Forgot to mention That Gould and Blacklock looked good last night. Today, we watched the 5 minute major calls again on the tv feed and I guess I do not understand the rules.
    If I was reffing, the hit on Auk was 2:00 for an elbow, possibly another 2:00 for hit from behind.
    The hit on Heinonen was not to the head, it must be the new rule of hitting when vulnerable to warrant the 5:00. Finally, Gould's was a 2:00 minute boarding call. Was anyone else doubting why they were so quick to kick out players on marginal calls? The rules should protect the players, I am all for it, but let's not turn hockey into soccer.

Officiating is ruining college hockey. You cannot touch anyone out there anymore. Ruining the game.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Gould got his feet tangled with the NMU player when he also made contact above. Middle of the ice that's probably a trip, but that close to the boards it's always going to get called. Boarding is usually the call when the player who gets hit is facing away from the boards, in this case he was obviously facing into them. You just can't engage with a guy when you're both heading towards the wall at speed.

I love (goal) lamp

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Gould got his feet tangled with the NMU player when he also made contact above. Middle of the ice that's probably a trip, but that close to the boards it's always going to get called. Boarding is usually the call when the player who gets hit is facing away from the boards, in this case he was obviously facing into them. You just can't engage with a guy when you're both heading towards the wall at speed.
    I agree, he got tangled and the NMU guy went down, if that's all it had been I think it may have only been 2 for tripping, however even after that he continued his check and hit him into the boards. However unintentional it may have been it's going to, and should, get called a 5 minute.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

What about the interference major on NMU? I forgot when it was, but I'm almost positive that the Tech player who was hit still had the puck on his stick.

Thread Information