Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    That's definitely the thing that stuck out for me in the Saturday game. Not something I recall seeing much of over the past few years, at least not a sustained effort like that seemingly throughout an entire game. It was nice to see.
    Re: shot blocking, yes it was great to see, but the bad news is that they HAD to block so many shots. The team still has a very hard time clearing the zone, allowing the opponent to maintain control for long stretches*. The good news is that they are doing a much better job of keeping the puck to the outside and not letting guys get free in close, where most goals are scored.

*Except for Friday night when they did a great job breaking out of the zone with quick, safe passes.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Re: shot blocking, yes it was great to see, but the bad news is that they HAD to block so many shots. The team still has a very hard time clearing the zone, allowing the opponent to maintain control for long stretches*. The good news is that they are doing a much better job of keeping the puck to the outside and not letting guys get free in close, where most goals are scored.

*Except for Friday night when they did a great job breaking out of the zone with quick, safe passes.
      It also helped that Schierhorn pulled his head out on Saturday.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        It also helped that Schierhorn pulled his head out on Saturday.
        And the posts came up big as well.

Comment

It's not so much the effect it (shot blocking) had as much as what it says about the culture of your team. If they show a strong willingness to go down and block shots from the point, you have a good thing going.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            It's not so much the effect it (shot blocking) had as much as what it says about the culture of your team. If they show a strong willingness to go down and block shots from the point, you have a good thing going.
            It's just that I'm one who gets extremely nervous when the puck's in our end and we can't seem to get it out for what sometimes seems like an eternity. But when we do get pinned the willingness and ability to block shots is great to see. Couldn't agree more that it speaks volumes about the team's culture.

Comment

It's just that I'm one who gets extremely nervous when the puck's in our end and we can't seem to get it out for what sometimes seems like an eternity. But when we do get pinned the willingness and ability to block shots is great to see. Couldn't agree more that it speaks volumes about the team's culture.
              You're right you don't want to have that many games where you need to rely on blocking so many shots, but in a game were for whatever reason they can't seem to get the puck out (and to that end you have to give a high-skilled team like UND credit for their part) that as you said they've shown a willingness to get dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                You're right you don't want to have that many games where you need to rely on blocking so many shots, but in a game were for whatever reason they can't seem to get the puck out (and to that end you have to give a high-skilled team like UND credit for their part) that as you said they've shown a willingness to get dirty.
                Please, let's not bring Dirty into this discussion.

Comment

Anyone have any "inside information" on what the starting time will be for next Saturday night's game against the Mavs? The schedule is still showing "TBA" which is pretty ridiculous for a game that's just 8 days away.

Comment

Couple things:
                    1. bump
                    2. Can a person get those cheap SRO tickets this year, and does it depend on the game?
                    3. Is there really no stream for BC?
                    4. how many Gopher fans still even post here?
                    5. Why do I have to log in every time reply after being gone for awhile now (when I leave the page open in the browser and come back like a day later)?

Comment

Subscribed.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Couple things:
                        1. bump
                        2. Can a person get those cheap SRO tickets this year, and does it depend on the game?
                        3. Is there really no stream for BC?
                        4. how many Gopher fans still even post here?
                        5. Why do I have to log in every time reply after being gone for awhile now (when I leave the page open in the browser and come back like a day later)?
                        2. They don't seem to be opening up SRO tickets online anymore. Probably cuz ticket sales are terrible. The price of tickets has been going down closer to game day, which is shady but what can you do.
                        3. There is. You'll have to pay.
                        4. Like four?

Comment

5. Just delete your cookies. You'll have to login again but it should work better
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Crap. just realized one of my kids must have deleted the 0.6 game! Is there a complete version online anywhere? (Not that it helps me a lot since I can't get my laptop to work with my tv!!!!
                            )

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              Crap. just realized one of my kids must have deleted the 0.6 game! Is there a complete version online anywhere? (Not that it helps me a lot since I can't get my laptop to work with my tv!!!!
                              )
                              I would like to meet that kid.

Comment

Anyone have any "inside information" on what the starting time will be for next Saturday night's game against the Mavs? The schedule is still showing "TBA" which is pretty ridiculous for a game that's just 8 days away.

Comment

Working...
                                X