Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    My memory sucks, so maybe GE or someone can refresh it. Someone asked me how the Tier Two Tourney format worked the first two years and I could not remember. How were the 2nd tier teams chosen?
    Top 64 (8-eight team sections) in tier one. Balance in tier 2. Think NIT hoops tourney.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Top 64 (8-eight team sections) in tier one. Balance in tier 2. Think NIT hoops tourney.
      So if you had 8 teams in a section, the top 4 played-off to see who goes to tier 1 tourney, and bottom 4 seeds played sectionals to see who represented in tier 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
        So if you had 8 teams in a section, the top 4 played-off to see who goes to tier 1 tourney, and bottom 4 seeds played sectionals to see who represented in tier 2?
        Kinda. Eight regions, each one seeded 1-20 (or how ever many teams there were). Top 8 were tier 1 & balance were tier 2.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          Wasn't there also a small school provision? My freshman year of high school, we were the runners up in Tier II, having a 1-20-1 record, we hit a hot streak and made an even bigger joke of the new tournament.

2012 Article from the Pioneer Press about the failed tourney.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Wasn't there also a small school provision? My freshman year of high school, we were the runners up in Tier II, having a 1-20-1 record, we hit a hot streak and made an even bigger joke of the new tournament.

2012 Article from the Pioneer Press about the failed tourney.
            You must be a Rosemount grad.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Comment

Gophers keep the Eye of Sauron.

Comment

I was wondering, how long has it been since the Gophers won both the regular season and conference playoff championships in the same year?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    I was wondering, how long has it been since the Gophers won both the regular season and conference playoff championships in the same year?
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Hahaha
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        Thanks Happy. If my math is correct that makes 2 out of the last 3. Not bad. Now let's put an exclamation point on the regular season this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          You must be a Rosemount grad.
                          Yup.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I am extremely upset that we may not see #5 in a Gopher's uniform the remainder of the season. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but it does not look good, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              I am extremely upset that we may not see #5 in a Gopher's uniform the remainder of the season. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but it does not look good, at all.
                              Word is broken ankle. Dunzo.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Word is broken ankle. Dunzo.
                                When seeing how he went into the boards and his immediate reaction I knew it was lower body and something very serious (I guessed ACL). So disappointing that it happened, especially in what was a pretty insignificant game. I sure hope Glover is ready to step in and play well in whatever role they give him.

Comment

Working...
                                X