Ryan Collins signs.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread - 2016-2017

Just saw that. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Just saw that. That sucks.
        Disappointing for sure. I thought he played very well the second half of the season.

Any scouting reports on the incoming frosh? I recall thinking Nanne moved the puck very well during the state tourney, consistently making good decisions with the puck, but I'm not sure how effective he will be in his own end. What about Knoepke and Simonson?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Disappointing for sure. I thought he played very well the second half of the season.

Any scouting reports on the incoming frosh? I recall thinking Nanne moved the puck very well during the state tourney, consistently making good decisions with the puck, but I'm not sure how effective he will be in his own end. What about Knoepke and Simonson?
          Congrats to Sheehy being named first team all-American. (Why is there a West list and an East list, if it is ALL-American?)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            Congrats to Sheehy being named first team all-American. (Why is there a West list and an East list, if it is ALL-American?)
            Only speculating, but could it be those who vote aren't that familiar with the players from outside their region? Or possibly because having two "first teams" simply allows more players to be named?

Question: who was the last Gopher to be named to the first team?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Only speculating, but could it be those who vote aren't that familiar with the players from outside their region? Or possibly because having two "first teams" simply allows more players to be named?

Question: who was the last Gopher to be named to the first team?
              Reilly two years in a row '14 and '15.

I didn't have to look that one up, but if I did always start here: Gopher Hockey History

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Reilly two years in a row '14 and '15.

I didn't have to look that one up, but if I did always start here: Gopher Hockey History
                Thanks for sharing this great link, now bookmarked for future reference.

Comment

Working...
                X