X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Random thoughts:
    - nice to see the offensive explosion in the third period. Was going to predict it entering the period, but decided not to jinx it.
    - Glad to see Roberto having a strong start to the season.
    - I know there all the penalties contributed, but it seemed like the 3rd and 4th lines saw a total of about 5 shifts after the first period. I was a little surprised to see Olsson on a few @nd PP Units shifts.
    - Speaking of the PP, can't say I love all the dancing and passing at the top of the Umbrella. Maybe SHU did a good job countering that set up, but I'm not a huge fan of the Umbrella approach.
    - Tonight will be a good test. We have beaten up on a couple weak teams but have failed in our two attempts against a good team. We need to start getting quality wins soon.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
      Probably because QU will bring in a good amount of fans
      Perhaps, I guess we will see. I have no idea how Q travels. They filled up their corner at the Tampa FF but did not have much more of a presence and only average 3k at home. Maybe they have a big alumni base in Boston.

While I wish last night had more attendance, it should be no surprise that a Saturday game against Quinnipiac is going to draw more than a Friday night game against Sacred Heart.

As of 5 hours ago, BU Hockey on twitter said about 200 tickets left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
        Perhaps, I guess we will see. I have no idea how Q travels. They filled up their corner at the Tampa FF but did not have much more of a presence and only average 3k at home. Maybe they have a big alumni base in Boston.

While I wish last night had more attendance, it should be no surprise that a Saturday game against Quinnipiac is going to draw more than a Friday night game against Sacred Heart.

As of 5 hours ago, BU Hockey on twitter said about 200 tickets left.
        Also there is a bruins game at home vs the habs so we'll see how attendance goes

Comment

So I was about to compliment the production staff for the vastly improved quality of the internet video feed. But what is this "cutting away" stuff the minute there is any kind of "altercation?" Do they think that by not showing it then people will think it doesn't exist???????? I don't get it. The SECOND the Quinnipiac player hit the boards and went down and it looked as though there may have been some shenanigans they cut away for over a minute. Is this some kind of "executive" decision on a national level? Ridiculous. OK...we can't all make all the games but we would at least like to SEE what is going on. Jeez...

Comment

Now they have the "score" graphic on the screen (which takes up about 99.95 of the screen real estate) so you can't see anything that's going on...

Comment

This guy Oettinger looks really solid. Always in position and doesn't seem to panic in traffic. He doesn't wander and get out of position and doesn't anticipate and go down either. Also, he plays the angles expertly as if he has been doing it for 20 years.

Comment

Officiating is ruining these games
                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

So there has to be some compromise with this "point of emphasis" stuff, doesn't there? I get it that they want to get the grabbing, stick work and "impeding the progress" of players out of the game. On the other hand, these guys have been playing a certain way their entire lives, and when it is said, "Well, they are just going to have to adjust," it that realistic? As some point don't the refs have to back off a little and meet these guys halfway? They're made their point, right? Because the lack of flow in these games is getting ridiculous and it is almost never five on five anymore. And this is not a partisan comment in any way - I have seen this in every game I have watched this year (last night's Vermont/Omaha game was another example).

Comment

Bernie said that Pecknold was "incensed" at the lack of a call just before the ENG. Are you kidding me? What did they have, 12 power plays? Gimme a break...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Last nights attendance was pretty pathetic for the home opener of a top ten team. I hope they do better tonight.
                      3rd game buddy

3rd home ticket. (Water em down, whatya expect)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                        Officiating is ruining these games
                        One of these nights people are going to walk out of a game and find the T is no longer running
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Umm... yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Bernie said that Pecknold was "incensed" at the lack of a call just before the ENG. Are you kidding me? What did they have, 12 power plays? Gimme a break...
                            One of the few key plays I saw (Cubs!) and I thought it was two guys fighting for the puck and the QU kid lost an edge.

Back-to-back shut-outs. Not bad. Gotta stop taking penalties.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Would've been a terrible call, JFK barely touched the guy, he was already losing his edge. How many 5 on 3s did they get and couldn't score? Much less outshoot us?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Would've been a terrible call, JFK barely touched the guy, he was already losing his edge. How many 5 on 3s did they get and couldn't score? Much less outshoot us?
                                Based on some of the ticky-tack calls, I fully expected a hit from behind call. I think even JFK was expecting a call because he stopped after the hit before grabbing the puck.

Tonight's problem was that Shea, in particular, was dreadful. He blew a play dead three times when BU had a clear scoring chance. Took him forever to sort out that 1st period scuffle. That non-call hfb on JFK....if refs insist on calling every little thing, they better get everything right or the flow of the game will be ruined. Not leaving themselves much margin for error.
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X