X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do facts trouble you my man? Maybe she can mock JFK if he ever gets hurt

Comment

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Posting while drunk is never a good way to start off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        yuck yuck yuck...Switzer was hit from behind right in front of us in the corner midway through the 2nd period looked to be out on his feet but stayed up and got called for tripping about 10 seconds later...why would you mock a kid who has done nothing but produce for BU when called upon?..shame on you...you know what I think is funny?..that in the last game and a half he has scored more goals than Fabbro..Krys..McCloud and Diffley have combined for the year.
        Hey Shane. No more Friday night parties in the penalty box ok. Or at least if you're gonna get wrecked leave your phone at home.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Am I the only one that came away from the WJC's a little disappointed with Keller's play? I know it seems crazy to question his play since he ended up as the leading scorer, but there are two main issues that I have:

- Not coming through in the clutch: he had three "penalty shots" (two were in shootouts), and didn't convert on any of them. And he had a golden opportunity to win the Gold Medal game on his first shift in OT and missed the net.
          - Long shifts - I of course have no knowledge of what gets said on the bench by players or coaches, but he seemed to take longer shifts than the rest of his line most of the time. Having played the game recreationally, I know how annoying it can be when your line mates are already on the ice and you are waiting for your guy to get off so you can get out there. It is made worse if the guy is not really hustling out there. Maybe I was just focusing on him too much, but overall he seemed to be a little to focused on being offensive hero.

I feel like 5 on 5 he looked great against the lesser teams, but against the big boys, most of his points came on the PP.

Kudos to him for getting HE ROTM and for making contributions to the WJC success. I was just expecting more. On the flip side, I feel he could just as easily go on a tear and help guide the Terriers to the HE title.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
            yuck yuck yuck...Switzer was hit from behind right in front of us in the corner midway through the 2nd period looked to be out on his feet but stayed up and got called for tripping about 10 seconds later...why would you mock a kid who has done nothing but produce for BU when called upon?..shame on you...you know what I think is funny?..that in the last game and a half he has scored more goals than Fabbro..Krys..McCloud and Diffley have combined for the year.
            I'm not sure with this came from. I wasn't mocking him at all. You can bring the indignation down a few notches.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              Am I the only one that came away from the WJC's a little disappointed with Keller's play? I know it seems crazy to question his play since he ended up as the leading scorer, but there are two main issues that I have:

- Not coming through in the clutch: he had three "penalty shots" (two were in shootouts), and didn't convert on any of them. And he had a golden opportunity to win the Gold Medal game on his first shift in OT and missed the net.
              - Long shifts - I of course have no knowledge of what gets said on the bench by players or coaches, but he seemed to take longer shifts than the rest of his line most of the time. Having played the game recreationally, I know how annoying it can be when your line mates are already on the ice and you are waiting for your guy to get off so you can get out there. It is made worse if the guy is not really hustling out there. Maybe I was just focusing on him too much, but overall he seemed to be a little to focused on being offensive hero.

I feel like 5 on 5 he looked great against the lesser teams, but against the big boys, most of his points came on the PP.

Kudos to him for getting HE ROTM and for making contributions to the WJC success. I was just expecting more. On the flip side, I feel he could just as easily go on a tear and help guide the Terriers to the HE title.
              Disappointing? Not quite.
              Would it have been nice for him to have potted those chances? Absolutely.
              Long shifts: I think that's on the coach. I thought he nearly killed their chances with the long shifts and short bench against both RUS and CAN. I mean, this is an all star team you should be able to run all of your guys out there on regular shifts.
              5on5 better vs lesser teams? Well that's kind of how it goes isn't it?
              Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                This is really flying under the radar with Juniors, Fenway, and Nico.
                Sign me up!
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

While the issues you cite were very noticeable, I wasn't disappointed in Keller. He's a dynamic puck possession player who creates opportunities for teammates through exceptional passing and the unique ability to drive all eyes to him when he has the puck. Some of his sharp-angle shots seemed questionable, but one went in off White and he had a line mate driving to the net on those shots.

What I did notice is that when checked along the boards or contested before he could accelerate, Keller lost a lot of puck battles. Tells me he has a way to go in the strength department, although the injury layoff didn't help. But in terms of which guys seem ready to move to the next level soon, McAvoy and Greenway appear closer to being ready for that step than Keller did.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

According to what you were looking for. When I watched he was the one I always said to myself, this kids talented. Light years ahead of others with a few more points
                    I doubt many scouts would change where he ended up in draft

Comment

What, no comments on the game? Anyone go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        What, no comments on the game? Anyone go?
                        It was cold

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                          It was cold
                          And JFK is hot.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

I wasn't thrilled with the teams' effort, but a win is a win. Especially when you have a novelty game with such different conditions.
                            - Nice to see JFK staying hot (just missed an empty netter at the end that would have given him two straight hat tricks)
                            - Too many bad penalties. You can't give the opponent 2 5 on 3's and expect to come with a W too often
                            - Keller made a poor decision that led to the SHG.
                            - Nice to see Chabot get one.
                            - I thought Oettinger played very well. The first goal was soft, but he made some great saves.
                            - What was Bellows thinking on that play on the PP? He was down low near the corner, had a couple easy pass options, decided to try to pass between a defenders legs (I guess??) and it turns into an easy clear for UMass.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

The best thing the hockey community has done is consistently put a happy face on all these outdoor games. The weather is lousy. The ice may start out ok but it's far from it half way through the game. There are very few decent seats. The best view is the tv angle. I get that a school or a team would be interested in doing this once or twice but it has zero appeal to me as a fan. However I guess it's an opportunity for the fringe fan to go to a game and develop interest in the game.

But enough already
                              Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                                The best thing the hockey community has done is consistently put a happy face on all these outdoor games. The weather is lousy. The ice may start out ok but it's far from it half way through the game. There are very few decent seats. The best view is the tv angle. I get that a school or a team would be interested in doing this once or twice but it has zero appeal to me as a fan. However I guess it's an opportunity for the fringe fan to go to a game and develop interest in the game.

But enough already
                                Agreed. That's why I opted to watch this one on TV. I was quite surprised based on my social media feeds by how many other BU fans I know that decided to go (both hard core and fringe fans).

One thing I noticed w/ the throwback sweaters is that the New Balance logo now appears above the name plate instead of the Warrior logo. I know NB owns Warrior, but this was the 1st time I ever noticed the NB logo in place of Warrior.

Comment

Working...
                                X