X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    I watched the entire game and I don't remember a single shift. The team went with 13 forwards and 5 D-men due to illness with one of the D-men.
    Actually, in international hockey you can dress 20 skaters instead of 18. I believe Harper was always listed as the 13th forward on the line charts throughout the tournament but didn't get much PT as the games got bigger. Still a good experience for him. Same with Oettinger even though didn't get into a game. McAvoy made up for them though since it seems like he was always on the ice.

Comment

Now it's going to SNOW tomorrow???? I thought it was just going to be cold. This is happening because I made the decision to actually go, isn't it? Big sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Now it's going to SNOW tomorrow???? I thought it was just going to be cold. This is happening because I made the decision to actually go, isn't it? Big sigh.
        Stop it!!! Snow will make the experience SO much better. I'm now wishing I was going. #SnowGlobe

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          On the bright side, at least we have the first game!

Comment

Gryba and Edmonton at Agganis. Terriers at Fenway--including WJC returnees, though not skating.
            Lotsa pix https://twitter.com/TerrierHockey
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Wow, that was a great night. Definitely did not think these guys had it in them to pull out that victory. Of course it was mostly just JFK and Carpenter making the big plays, but other guys contributed - especially in the first 14 or so minutes. Related to our previous discussion, I wasn't really seeing JFK in the NHL anytime soon either, but he looked so much better last night than he has all season. It's almost as if he needs more space on the ice to operate and get things opened up a bit more. Playing with Greenway or Keller might not be ideal for him. He needs guys (like Carpenter) to play off of him rather than trying to play with others. Maybe get Bellows on this line, too, now that he is apparently good again?

Also, McAvoy looked NHL-ready last night. He did get a lot better post-tournament last season, so if he makes a similar jump this season, maybe he will be NHL-ready next year after all.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post

BU is going in November 2018 https://dailygazette.com/blogs/parti...nament-belfast.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looks increasingly like the game *should* be postponed tomorrow coughplayinsidecough Whether Hockey East actually does it, who knows, but forecasters are highly recommending people not travel tomorrow from the early afternoon on through the night.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Looks increasingly like the game *should* be postponed tomorrow coughplayinsidecough Whether Hockey East actually does it, who knows, but forecasters are highly recommending people not travel tomorrow from the early afternoon on through the night.
                      Games postponed until Sunday. Same times.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

What in Gods name were the ref's looking at on JFK's winner last night?
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          What in Gods name were the ref's looking at on JFK's winner last night?
                          Maybe they just wanted a few good looks in slo mo of that sweet goal before everyone else did.

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                            was thinking the same thing, and for all of them, not just bellows.

All the feels.

Did patrick harper not play last night? Granted, i only saw from the end of the third on.

Also, it was reported last night that shane switzer suffered a concussion last night. Good thing the wjcs are over and we can get some d back to make up for all the offense we're going to lose! Kidding aside, i hope he's ok. I didn't see what happened, did anyone?

Weeeeee, hockey!!!
                            [/quote]

Comment

• yuck yuck yuck...Switzer was hit from behind right in front of us in the corner midway through the 2nd period looked to be out on his feet but stayed up and got called for tripping about 10 seconds later...why would you mock a kid who has done nothing but produce for BU when called upon?..shame on you...you know what I think is funny?..that in the last game and a half he has scored more goals than Fabbro..Krys..McCloud and Diffley have combined for the year.

Comment

oh boy
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X