X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Tater View Post
    That was awesome! JFK in OT!
    Huge win! Great confidence builder. That was quite a celebration!

Comment

Mookie's happy because the Blue Jackets lost and didn't equal Pens record.

Comment

Fantastic effort tonight. What a great night of hockey this is.
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Huge confidence builder and extraordinary effort tonight. Switzer suffered a concussion during the game so we skated 11 F and 5 D, if that, for most of the game. JFK apparently had a boot on after the game but told the Freep reporter that he was fine. Great for this group to beat a solid Union team while severely undermanned.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Mookie's happy because the Blue Jackets lost and didn't equal Pens record.
            You know it
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              You know it

Comment

Congrats on a well-deserved win tonight. Quinn was right ... you have great depth. You also had a lot of leadership from players with something to prove. Minus your seven stars, IMO, you are clearly the most talented/gifted/skilled team we faced thus far and you should be fearsome when those seven return.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  Congrats on a well-deserved win tonight. Quinn was right ... you have great depth. You also had a lot of leadership from players with something to prove. Minus your seven stars, IMO, you are clearly the most talented/gifted/skilled team we faced thus far and you should be fearsome when those seven return.
                  Thanks for the nice words. And I think you hit it right on the head...I was thinking along similar lines that perhaps some of these guys that may have been a little "reluctant" had their chance to "step out of the shadows." If nothing else, it has to be a tremendous shot in the arm for their confidence. Good luck the rest of the season!

Comment

It looks like Keifer Bellows found his game. I hope he remembers to pack it and bring it back with him to Comm Ave.

I'm glad we have BC next weekend because I think a home and home with UMass would be a collasal let down for the IIHF 7.

I loved the big hug McAvoy gave Fabro in the hand shake line.

Weeeeee, hockey!!!
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

What a night for BU Hockey. I would think last night's game stands up near, or at, the top of regular season wins of the David Quinn era. Unbelievable effort from a BU team down 7 of their better players. JFK stepping up with a hat trick. BU got beat bad on a couple of Union PPs, but very good effort overall.

T's Pub was packed after the game which doesn't usually happen after mid-week games. Filled with everyone glued to the big screen for the 3rd period and OT of the WJC game. The place erupted when USA won it.

Between BU's shorthanded performance last night and how BU players performed at the WJC, I'm starting to feel much better about this team. Looking forward to the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        It looks like Keifer Bellows found his game. I hope he remembers to pack it and bring it back with him to Comm Ave.
                        Was thinking the same thing, and for all of them, not just Bellows.

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        I loved the big hug McAvoy gave Fabro in the hand shake line.
                        All the feels.

Did Patrick Harper not play last night? Granted, I only saw from the end of the third on.

Also, it was reported last night that Shane Switzer suffered a concussion last night. Good thing the WJCs are over and we can get some D back to make up for all the offense we're going to lose! Kidding aside, I hope he's OK. I didn't see what happened, did anyone?

Weeeeee, hockey!!![/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Was thinking the same thing, and for all of them, not just Bellows.

All the feels.

Did Patrick Harper not play last night? Granted, I only saw from the end of the third on.

Also, it was reported last night that Shane Switzer suffered a concussion last night. Good thing the WJCs are over and we can get some D back to make up for all the offense we're going to lose! Kidding aside, I hope he's OK. I didn't see what happened, did anyone?

Weeeeee, hockey!!!
                          [/QUOTE]

Harper did not see the ice. And frankly, every time they showed the bench, I looked for him, but didn't see him. But with Lindgren out sick, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have had him on the bench, they were already short one body. So he must have been on the bench.

I was glad to see that Oettinger actually had his gear on at the end. Hopefully he gets back on this team next year and sees some time.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I watched the entire game and I don't remember a single shift. The team went with 13 forwards and 5 D-men due to illness with one of the D-men.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

On the flip side, the other 5 were key contributors and the other 4 USA players were in the top 10 MVP discussion. Impressive.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Harper did not see the ice. And frankly, every time they showed the bench, I looked for him, but didn't see him.
                                Well, he is kinda small, probably would've been easy to miss him.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                I was glad to see that Oettinger actually had his gear on at the end. Hopefully he gets back on this team next year and sees some time.
                                I'm assuming you mean Team USA when you say "this team"? Because I fully expect Oettinger to be in goal tomorrow.

Didn't we play UMass last year, first home game after the WJCs? I seem to recall them honoring the four BU kids and one UMass kid who was on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X