X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Props to BU/Ticketmaster for honest advertising. The email I got about buying tickets for Thursday features Shane Switzer
    He's a scoring machine!!

I'm still undecided about going to Fenway on Saturday. It's going to be cold, but as it's a 1:30 game, that might be helpful. Anyone here going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      He's a scoring machine!!

I'm still undecided about going to Fenway on Saturday. It's going to be cold, but as it's a 1:30 game, that might be helpful. Anyone here going?
      More concerned about actually seeing the game if I go. Looks like BU is on third base side...maybe a seat higher up, under the luxury boxes has decent sight lines (and protected from the wind, maybe.) $50 is more than I want to spend, but guessing scalpers might go for $20-$30???
      Go BU!

Comment

Oh, and stupid Frozen Fenway.
        Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
          More concerned about actually seeing the game if I go. Looks like BU is on third base side...maybe a seat higher up, under the luxury boxes has decent sight lines (and protected from the wind, maybe.) $50 is more than I want to spend, but guessing scalpers might go for $20-$30???
          If you want to hang our before the game at the bars with some buddies and make a day of it then in maybe worth it but as a pure hockey viewing experience its beyond AWFUL. Its cold out, sight lines are awful, ice surface is miles away, cant see puck....

Comment

....once was good
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

DFP reporting Kelley is healthy, so 11 forwards and six D tomorrow. Also that Olsson-Curry-Roberto is the only set line so far. I'd expect JFK and Bobo stay together, but who is their LW? Kelley, Cloonan, Andren?
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                DFP reporting Kelley is healthy, so 11 forwards and six D tomorrow. Also that Olsson-Curry-Roberto is the only set line so far. I'd expect JFK and Bobo stay together, but who is their LW? Kelley, Cloonan, Andren?
                I hope he goes with Kelley on the top line. Most offensive upside. He's going to end up going with Cloonan though, because of his speed.

Comment

Enjoy keller and greenway the rest of the season! MacAvoy too?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Enjoy keller and greenway the rest of the season! MacAvoy too?
                    I think McAvoy and Greenway are ready for the NHL (or will be by the Fall). I don't think Keller is as ready as he thinks he is. He is getting points and he shows his dynamic play, but I he hasn't been as effective in 5 on 5 as I expected.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Greenway is ready now. He could be skated up there tomorrow.

Charlie is gone too. No reason to come back next yr. not as ready as greenway but will have nothing to prove at this level.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Greenway was ready last year. Ship him out now!
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Greenway is ready physically. While improving, he still needs to work on his scoring touch a bit. One more year should do it.
                          Last edited by Tater; 01-05-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Based on their draft position and draft year I would say there is a greater than 50% chance for each of McAvoy, Hickey, Greenway, JFK, and Keller to leave. Some are closer to 90-99% gone, while others more like 51-60%, but even if all 5 leave BU still has 15 forwards and 8 defensemen set to be on the roster next year, and wouldn't need to scramble to fill out the bottom 6 forwards like BC did this summer.

Obviously a top 6 forward group of Harper, Bowers, Tkachuk, Bellows, Cockerill and Olsson wouldn't be as impressive as one that also had Keller, Greenway, and JFK, but it would probably still be among the best in Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              Based on their draft position and draft year I would say there is a greater than 50% chance for each of McAvoy, Hickey, Greenway, JFK, and Keller to leave. Some are closer to 90-99% gone, while others more like 51-60%, but even if all 5 leave BU still has 15 forwards and 8 defensemen set to be on the roster next year, and wouldn't need to scramble to fill out the bottom 6 forwards like BC did this summer.

Obviously a top 6 forward group of Harper, Bowers, Tkachuk, Bellows, Cockerill and Olsson wouldn't be as impressive as one that also had Keller, Greenway, and JFK, but it would probably still be among the best in Hockey East.
                              I would put JFK at 35%. He is a very smart two way player with some good skill, but in my opinion he needs at least two more years before being an NHL regular, whether that is at the NCAA or AHL level will be up to him and the Bruins. Since the Bruins can watch him develop very easily without paying him I like the chances of him coming back. He seems to be of a similar mold to O'Regan and Nieto.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Maybe I am a pessimist but I just don't really see these guys playing in the NHL next year, outside of Greenway and Keller. McAvoy is good and will definitely have a nice career in the NHL but next year? I don't see it. I definitely don't see why Hickey would leave.

Comment

Working...
                                X