• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Who would sit?

Comment

I'd actually like to see the Curry line become our fourth line and have our third line be some combo of Cloonan, Kelley, and the best remaining scorer. I think they have a little more scoring potential. McDermott and Chabot haven't really done anything for me yet. Not that they've been bad, but I think there is more upside with my idea.

Comment

A little college hockey talk in the New York Times.

Comment

Tough to know after one game what Chabot and McDermott are going to bring. I think Kelley belongs on the 4th line. Credit to him for sticking through all the changes (he seems to be the last of the group of forwards that worked their way out after Quinn arrived - Lawrence, Duane, etc.), but I don't think he has the talent that Roberto and Olsson have.

Cloonan is more of a third line type than Kelley, IMHO. Speed and decent skill level.

I'm guessing that Chabot or McDermott will sit (or both if Phelps and Cloonan are back).
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Tough to know after one game what Chabot and McDermott are going to bring. I think Kelley belongs on the 4th line. Credit to him for sticking through all the changes (he seems to be the last of the group of forwards that worked their way out after Quinn arrived - Lawrence, Duane, etc.), but I don't think he has the talent that Roberto and Olsson have.

Cloonan is more of a third line type than Kelley, IMHO. Speed and decent skill level.

I'm guessing that Chabot or McDermott will sit (or both if Phelps and Cloonan are back).
            I agree that Cloonan, if healthy, should be in the line-up. Before his injury, he was pencilled in at C3 between Olsson and Roberto. But Quinn seemed very pleased with the third line's chemistry vs. Colgate, so Cloonan may drop to the fourth line with Phelps and Kelley.

In the U18 and Colgate games, McDermott showed a nice combination of speed, physicality and tenacity. Reminiscent of John McCarthy who worked his way up from the fourth line as a freshman to LW on the second line on the '09 team.

Very nice job on the New York Times article by Neal Boudette, who has written a few guest articles for the blog.
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Have you seen Kelley play yet this season? He looks much improved. He's gone from being a decent depth guy on the bench/4th line fill-in to a more skilled guy. He's made a lot of nice moves with the puck that I never thought he'd be capable of before this season. If he dresses for all the games, I won't be surprised if he scores ten goals.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Have you seen Kelley play yet this season? He looks much improved. He's gone from being a decent depth guy on the bench/4th line fill-in to a more skilled guy. He's made a lot of nice moves with the puck that I never thought he'd be capable of before this season. If he dresses for all the games, I won't be surprised if he scores ten goals.
                Good to hear. I have only seen bits on stream. I hope he continues to look as good against the tougher competition.

Comment

In the off-season thread I asked who was the last Terrier to have hat tricks in consecutive games and one poster correctly answered Chris Drury. Today I was asked if I had footage of Chris and I found that I had recorded and saved both of those games. I have uploaded rough edits of all 7 goals to YouTube: BU Hockey - 1995 Dec 9 vs Merrimack - Drury 4 Goals and BU Hockey- 1995 Dec 12 vs Dartmouth- Drury Hat Trick

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    Kelley has vastly improved over last year in nearly all phases of his offensive game. He could provide a bit of a necessary scoring touch to an otherwise physical fourth line.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I've uploaded several more clips, mostly of Chris Drury goals. I'd forgotten how great he was.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Who would sit?
                        Harper is gonna get shooters elbow. Sit Harper.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Any comments on Bellows so far?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            Who?

Comment

I haven't watched too much of the first 3 games (2 exhibitions), but it was surprising that in a game when Keller had a Hat Trick, Bellows had no points. To me he doesn't look out of place, and I think he is getting some scoring chances, just maybe not as many as he is used to. I'm not worried, he is top-2 line material for sure, and unless things really go south, I'm sure Quinn will keep him paired with Keller.

Comment

Seeing him play twice so far, he reminds me of Brian McConnell. McConnell was a fine player and a very good captain, but I think much more was expected out of him offensively. Bellows reminds me of him because similar size, both left sticks, same number?, both have offensive talent, but perhaps a half step too slow? Hopefully Bellows adjusts and I'm eating my words, but those are my thoughts for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X