X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    It happened last season to Maguire. LaCouvee also came on in relief in that game as well. Maybe ...

Sean
    And if I am remembering correctly, the skate issue also cost Maguire a shutout when BU did not give up a goal. Same situation tonight for Oettinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Word I heard through the grapevine after the game is that Keller sustained an MCL injury after being injured early in the third and not coming back. He is expected out for approximately a month preliminarily.
      Oof. Was really starting to look great. Hoping for the best- maybe back to start second half against Union...
      Go BU!

Comment

AJ Greer has 11 points in 10 games with San Antonio. Didn't see that coming.
        Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
          Oof. Was really starting to look great. Hoping for the best- maybe back to start second half against Union...
          Well if it is a month, he would have some December games also. It was *preliminary* so hopefully that assessment was worst case or wrong.
          Last edited by Tater; 11-06-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            And if I am remembering correctly, the skate issue also cost Maguire a shutout when BU did not give up a goal. Same situation tonight for Oettinger.
            It also cost Maguire the win. Just saying...

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
              Anyone else notice that they wished a happy birthday to Jakob Karlsson Forsbacka?
              Oy.
              You're not a fan of JKF?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Word I heard through the grapevine after the game is that Keller sustained an MCL injury after being injured early in the third and not coming back. He is expected out for approximately a month preliminarily.
                Did any see what happened? I only saw him on the ice after he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Did any see what happened? I only saw him on the ice after he went down.
                  I rewatched it on the stream online and it really doesn't look like much happened. The NU defender sort of pushed into him but not specifically on his leg, and he just slid down. Don't know if he crashed into the boards as the camera panned away,
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Bummer on Keller. But an opportunity for someone else. Who wants to grab the reigns!?

We should make up Bingo cards with all the Agganis Arena screw-ups. Great way to spice up the evening. Two more from last night: 1) No video for the between periods interview. 2) They never played the Cane's Challenge video. Oh, one more. What was that pregnant pause after the anthem and before the game? The band director looked puzzled. #TrainWreck

Three straight home shut-outs.

BU Hockey: Young, Scrappy, and Hungry
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

We should make up Bingo cards with all the Agganis Arena screw-ups. Great way to spice up the evening. Two more from last night: 1) No video for the between periods interview. 2) They never played the Cane's Challenge video. Oh, one more. What was that pregnant pause after the anthem and before the game? The band director looked puzzled. #TrainWreck
                      Overall it was a bit better. They returned the flag on the jumbotron and on the side ribbons for the national anthem. The opening video went without a hitch. Some improvement on the graphics. However, a moving static picture of a player seems so 90s when many jumbotrons will show a short video of a player. (I'm not sure if I explained that last point clearly, but those who saw it will know what I mean!)

The Cane's challenge video was shown during the first intermission. (still the old one when they said they were filming a new one weeks ago) However you can swap that that out with them screwing up the Jim Prior voice opening by playing it too late and having to cut it off mid-stream.

Comment

Bummer on Keller. But an opportunity for someone else. Who wants to grab the reigns!?
                        Not just Keller, but Cloonan went out with an "upper body injury" according to the DFP. So if neither is available for Michigan, who moves up to the top six and who takes the C3 spot? If Olsson is recovered (hit in the head by a puck in practice), he's one possibility for the top six. Andren, who made his first start after a hand injury is another. Kelley is playing well, but I'd prefer going with more size. Just a guess:
                        Bellows-JFK-Andren/Olsson
                        Harper-Carpenter-Greenway
                        Andren/Olsson-Curry-Roberto
                        Kelley-McDermott-Chabot
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Three straight home shut-outs.
                          First time at Agganis, just the third time overall (once at Walter Brown in 1983-84 and once at Boston Arena in 1927-28 & 28-29) and the first time to start a season.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Team looks very explosive offensively. Some d-zone miscues which are largely covered by a very strong defense and solid goaltending. That may have been the best officiated game I've seen in a few years last night by the way.
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Anything on Keller?
                              Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                                Anything on Keller?
                                I just got a push notification from CHN. Out "long term."
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X