• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Secretly it's actually Switzer looking for more playing time
    My thoughts exactly.
    It's just as serious as you're willing to take it.

Comment

Took a quick look and looks like you can just click on the "Click here to purchase premium tickets from season ticket holders." link at the login page.
      https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/agganis/EN/account/

logged in and looked at the exchange and it's the same page/tickets/seats/etc
      Interesting, so you have to go to the login page to access it.... they sure don't promote the ticket exchange very well! (I guess they want to sell other unsold tickets first). Would be nice if they made it easier to find!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Interesting, so you have to go to the login page to access it.... they sure don't promote the ticket exchange very well! (I guess they want to sell other unsold tickets first). Would be nice if they made it easier to find!
        There used to be a tab on the Agganis/Ticketmaster page when you went to order single game tickets (same screen as the seating bowl map.) At some point in the last few years that tab was removed. Probably as you surmise they don't want the competition. I used it when I lived in Vermont from 07-10 and the tickets I put on there didn't sell often. I would say it is virtually useless in its current form.

Comment

Secretly it's actually Switzer looking for more playing time
          Concussions are no joke...

Comment

I have to keep up with the players that got my team's coach a WJC gold medal.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I have to keep up with the players that got my team's coach a WJC gold medal.
              You're welcome.

Comment

Now that the BUnottogether drama seems to have at least temporarily subsided, I'm surprised there is not more discussion being one day away from BU/BC weekend.

I got an email saying that the WJT participants from both BU and BC will be recognized PRIOR to the game start at 7:30pm tomorrow.

Comment

So Prawdzik left to play in the NAHL to, according to Quinn, "play 25 or 30 games." And then he'll be returning to the team next year as a Sophomore (after redshirting last season). I couldn't figure out why he would return to BU, since LaCouvee will be a senior and Oettinger will be a sophomore - nothing will be different next year, there won't be more playing time available. If Oettinger had already said he is planning on going pro after being drafted, I would expect we'd have a goalie recruit lined up. So I guess I expect LaCouvee to graduate and move on, and that is why Prawdzik will return.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                    So Prawdzik left to play in the NAHL to, according to Quinn, "play 25 or 30 games." And then he'll be returning to the team next year as a Sophomore (after redshirting last season). I couldn't figure out why he would return to BU
                    He preferred to be BU's 3rd goalie, with a chance to be the backup as an upperclassman, than to be a backup at a smaller school when he originally committed. Unless he no longer feels this way I can't figure out why he wouldn't return.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      He preferred to be BU's 3rd goalie, with a chance to be the backup as an upperclassman, than to be a backup at a smaller school when he originally committed. Unless he no longer feels this way I can't figure out why he wouldn't return.
                      If that is the case, then why would he leave now?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        If that is the case, then why would he leave now?
                        No inside info, but since he is scheduled to have 5 years at BU he could easily take a semester off and still graduate. Maybe he didn't want to go a full 3 years without live game action before potentially being the backup?

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I don't think him taking a semester off automatically means one of the current goalies is departing before next season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          So Prawdzik left to play in the NAHL to, according to Quinn, "play 25 or 30 games." And then he'll be returning to the team next year as a Sophomore (after redshirting last season). I couldn't figure out why he would return to BU, since LaCouvee will be a senior and Oettinger will be a sophomore - nothing will be different next year, there won't be more playing time available. If Oettinger had already said he is planning on going pro after being drafted, I would expect we'd have a goalie recruit lined up. So I guess I expect LaCouvee to graduate and move on, and that is why Prawdzik will return.
                          I don't think there's any indication Jake is leaving after he's drafted this summer. He just turned 18, what's the rush? He's played very well this year, but isn't regarded as some kind of prodigy that will immediately suit up in the NHL this fall. He'll have an opportunity to play in the WJC again next year, will once again have the starting job for BU next season, and most certainly has areas he can improve before turning pro. Even if he stayed three years he'd be turning pro <20.5 years old and start his first season well before he turned 21.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

hooray!!!! we don't stink again
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              hooray!!!! we don't stink again
                              5 in a row. Hooray indeed.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Flight Risk odds
                                McAvoy - 95%
                                Keller - 80%
                                Hickey - 50%
                                Macleod - 50%
                                JFK - 50%
                                Fabro - 20%
                                BEllows - 10%

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X