X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    As much as it pains me to agree with you: Nailed it. Last night's NC football game was 4.5 hours long. Insanity.
    The number of replays in a game (last night was insane) is far different from assessing a penalty after the game for a dangerous play that went uncalled. It's not like they're going back and giving Kelley two minutes for a missed hooking call that in the grand scheme of things is meaningless. The hit he put on the UMass guy was dangerous and is the type the NCAA is trying to legislate out of the game for legitimate player safety reasons. Assessing a one-game suspension after the fact for player safety, I'm fine with that. Officials make mistakes and it's part of the game, but when there's the opportunity to correct that mistake to help get rid of dangerous play, it should be done. If the league explicitly doesn't step in in these cases, the players begin to know that when the officials aren't looking, anything goes and that's not a good precedent.
    Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      More Hockey in Atlanta would be appreciated. All I have now is the Gwinnett Gladiators, me and the 4 other hockey fans in the department are making at least one trip in the next month.

And get to see Cason Hohmann and Mike Moran from you guys
      During my second stint in ATL, we went to a couple Gladiator games. Saw Chris Higgins and Jason Lawrence play. Higgins dominated one of the games.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        Do you really want to talk about Krys' defense...should we start with the worst +/- among the D?
        Is Charlie McAvoy, who also has a -1 +/- rating, a bad defenseman?

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          Do you really want to talk about Krys' defense...should we start with the worst +/- among the D?...
          Pretty sure it's a well known fact that using plus/minus as an indicator of defensive skill summarily eliminates your opinion from serious consideration. hth
          Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Is Charlie McAvoy, who also has a -1 +/- rating, a bad defenseman?

Sean
            Charlie has work to do defensively but is a physical specimen and adds to the offense...probably wouldn't be a -1 with a different partner ..believe he was something like a +17 last year with Grizz...thanks for making my point

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza
              shhh dont tell him
              +/- by itself is not always an indicator of play...when used in comparison to the rest of the team it is a pretty good barometer ...you see it's good to score more than the other team ..that's why they keep score..it's not good to be a minus on a team that wins all the time and only add 3 secondary assists on the PP...but you know better super smart hockey guy..because you say so

Comment

A supposed BU supporter taking on fans and a freshman player. Right. Nice try. Go back to the comments section of the Freep (which is, I believe, where we saw you last).
                P.S. Sorry to the rest of you if this post came up twice. It did not seem to register the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
                  A supposed BU supporter taking on fans and a freshman player. Right. Nice try. Go back to the comments section of the Freep (which is, I believe, where we saw you last).
                  P.S. Sorry to the rest of you if this post came up twice. It did not seem to register the first time.
                  Hey! Welcome back! You haven't posted here in forever.

And yeah, n00b is a bit troubling. He's no Jofa, though! 😀

Comment

So here is a question for season ticket holders....

It is great that they give us an opportunity to post tickets that we can't use on the ticket exchange, but, where does one go if they want to buy tickets off of the exchange? The only way I can find a link to see what is for sale is through the Agganis website after I log into my account. So if someone is not a season ticket holder, how do you access those tickets? I can't find a link anywhere to get to that.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                      Charlie has work to do defensively but is a physical specimen and adds to the offense...probably wouldn't be a -1 with a different partner ..believe he was something like a +17 last year with Grizz...thanks for making my point
                      Actually, he was +10, but don't worry yourself; +10, +17, whats the difference, right? After all, looking up the stats is so very difficult. By the way, after BU played 19 games last year McAvoy was a -2.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey
                        Right now I'd almost take Jofa over this "supporter". At least Jofa could back up his criticism from time to time. This n00b seems to REALLY have it in for Krys for some reason.
                        Secretly it's actually Switzer looking for more playing time

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          So here is a question for season ticket holders....

It is great that they give us an opportunity to post tickets that we can't use on the ticket exchange, but, where does one go if they want to buy tickets off of the exchange? The only way I can find a link to see what is for sale is through the Agganis website after I log into my account. So if someone is not a season ticket holder, how do you access those tickets? I can't find a link anywhere to get to that.
                          Took a quick look and looks like you can just click on the "Click here to purchase premium tickets from season ticket holders." link at the login page.
                          https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/agganis/EN/account/

logged in and looked at the exchange and it's the same page/tickets/seats/etc

Comment

I kinda like Krys. He's not awesome; I think he will be a three-year player and he has definitely made a few mistakes here and there, but he's not incompetent. As a group, I think the defensemen have been pretty poor in their own end all season. He's certainly no worse than anyone else. Not sure why he is being singled out here?

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Hey Shane. No more Friday night parties in the penalty box ok. Or at least if you're gonna get wrecked leave your phone at home.
                              Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                              Secretly it's actually Switzer looking for more playing time
                              You heard it here first
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey
                                Right now I'd almost take Jofa over this "supporter". At least Jofa could back up his criticism from time to time. This n00b seems to REALLY have it in for Krys for some reason.
                                True. On both accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X