X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Someone is going to have to explain to me how, after losing to a team with two league wins earlier in the week, a team can come out flat the next game and give their worst effort of the year. Do I have to mention that word again? "Leadership"
    Well unfortunately one of those key leaders was knocked out of the game in the first period and it wouldn't shock me if he's gone for a very, very long time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
      We are suck.
      Tell me about it. Lowell just blew a 3-1 lead with minutes to go in the third, losing to NU 4-3. Tomorrow night's game should be fun between two teams sort of regressing after their last few played. Can you please suck for one more night?

The only thing that could brighten Mookie's night tomorrow at this point is if we bring Jasmine down with us.
      Last edited by riverchief1; 01-27-2017, 09:42 PM.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Pathetic. Only a handful of times I left Agganis early. Team has some soul searching to do quick. What happened to the team that won 8 straight and swept BC?

Comment

These UCSHO voters who made us #1. We showed them what's what.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Well unfortunately one of those key leaders was knocked out of the game in the first period and it wouldn't shock me if he's gone for a very, very long time.
            Who? (Nevermind, I found the tweets.)

I missed tonight's debacle, but this "team" hasn't been a "team" all year. I can't say I'm surprised by any of this. I thought they might have made the NCAA's with their stingy D and solid goaltending, but.... Yeah. And if Olsson's out for awhile they're really ****ed.

BU Hockey: Rudderless
            Last edited by Bomber; 01-27-2017, 09:48 PM.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Who?
              Olsson. Hurt his knee/leg, something. Looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Olsson. Hurt his knee/leg, something. Looked bad.
                Quinn said in the presser it wasn't his knee. The first point of contact was the MC player's shoulder into Nik's head, wouldn't shock me if it's a serious concussion.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Quinn said in the presser it wasn't his knee. The first point of contact was the MC player's shoulder into Nik's head, wouldn't shock me if it's a serious concussion.
                  He was grabbing at his leg and favoring it as he was being helped off the ice. I don't think it was a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

The only thing that could brighten Mookie's night tomorrow at this point is if we bring Jasmine down with us.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      Pathetic. Only a handful of times I left Agganis early. Team has some soul searching to do quick. What happened to the team that won 8 straight and swept BC?
                      You don't know how ***** lucky you have it.
                      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 01-28-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

yeah don't know how they will survive without his 3 goals and 3 assists on the year. Might as well just forfeit the rest of the year

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                          yeah don't know how they will survive without his 3 goals and 3 assists on the year. Might as well just forfeit the rest of the year
                          Works for the 'Cats!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                            Bomber may have exaggerated but if you follow the team you know he brings more to the table than "3 goals and 3 assists." Frankly he is one of my favorite players on the team. His propensity to getting injured is unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              Bomber may have exaggerated but if you follow the team you know he brings more to the table than "3 goals and 3 assists." Frankly he is one of my favorite players on the team. His propensity to getting injured is unfortunate.
                              His injury history dates back to his days with the USNTDP. That's one of the reasons he played 2 more years in the USHL, missing significant time each of those seasons with major injuries.

Agreed he brings a lot more to the table than stats. His physicality and the stability he brings to the bottom-6 forwards can't be understated. They're 12-3-1 with Olsson; 4-4-1 without.

Comment

To boil down Nik Olsson's contributions on the ice to goals and assists is foolish, his contributions go far beyond points. He's precisely the guy we need on the ice to complement our young talent if this team is to go far.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X