X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by Leonidas View Post
    Maybe the qualifications are that you have to give Bernie a ride home.
    That's kind of a cheap shot if you know the history of why Bernie doesn't drive...

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      He's been silent for a month or so now.

It's worth noting that we limited BC to five third period shots on goal and more than doubled that total on our side. To do that to a good team down two goals defending their trophy is impressive.
      He's got one foot out the door. Last night, saw him in the penalty box and he was hamming it up with the attendant for most of the 2 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        He's got one foot out the door. Last night, saw him in the penalty box and he was hamming it up with the attendant for most of the 2 mins.
        If that's the only evidence you have of your argument, that's pretty thin. But it also wouldn't surprise me a bit if it were true, he hasn't looked like himself at all for a while. My first thought was an undisclosed injury.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          If that's the only evidence you have of your argument, that's pretty thin. But it also wouldn't surprise me a bit if it were true, he hasn't looked like himself at all for a while. My first thought was an undisclosed injury.
          It's called entitlement...no fear of missing any ice time no matter how badly you play. And clearly BU can't win when any off the NHL draft picks miss a game. Oh wait they never lose when that happens

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Agreed, what cowardly timing by the Bruins.
            I don't often agree with Felger, but if the Bruins decided after the Toronto game that they wanted to fire Julien, when should they have done it?

- The day of the Super Bowl?
            - The day after the most incredible Super Bowl this town will ever see?

Both of those options would be considered more egregious "trying to bury the story" than today in my opinion. And given that they have a game on Thursday, I have to imagine they wanted to give the new guy at least a full day to prepare.

Months ago would have been the best option, but they didn't have any good options once they decided to do it.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Overall a nice win, but yes, similar to the other 2 games against BC that could have gone either way.

- Agree with Bomber, I was going to come on and ask what is going on with Greenway. I saw some of this last year too, where after having some dominating games, he had some games where the other team was able to stop him from playing his board possession game.
              - Another great game for Oettinger.
              - Bellows is indeed struggling. Between turnovers and the bad penalty on the blue line, he is not doing himself any favors.
              - Is there any limit to what can and can't be reviewed? Did they end up saying the Cloonan goal didn't count due to goalie interference (no penalty was called). I agree Woll had the puck covered up, but I have never heard of that as being a reason to review the play (much less reverse it). The puck was visible under the pad from an angle but appeared to be covered. What if half of the puck had been sticking out from under the pad? Are you allowed to jam at it then? I really hate the way so much can be reviewed. Especially the ridiculous offsides when the puck can be in play in the zone for 45 seconds with 25 passes and yet if the team scores, and the replay shows the entry into the zone 45 seconds earlier was 3 inches offsides, no goal. The only thing that should be reviewable IMHO is goal/no goal based on whether or not the puck went in the net and if it was sent in illegally (e.g. kicked, etc). And in the NHL, with the mandatory call for delay of game, I am okay with reviewing to see if the puck was sent directly over the glass. The rest of this is too much.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                I don't often agree with Felger, but if the Bruins decided after the Toronto game that they wanted to fire Julien, when should they have done it?

- The day of the Super Bowl?
                - The day after the most incredible Super Bowl this town will ever see?

Both of those options would be considered more egregious "trying to bury the story" than today in my opinion. And given that they have a game on Thursday, I have to imagine they wanted to give the new guy at least a full day to prepare.

Months ago would have been the best option, but they didn't have any good options once they decided to do it.
                Do it today and have the press conference after the parade was over rather than trying to bury it under the parade? Maybe 2:00?

Neeley didn't even show which is lame.

Comment

Yep, replay is killing sports. Brutal. Baseball is the worst.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

In Neely's "statement" he basically puts the decision on Sweeney. Which I don't believe for a minute and is therefore also a bs move.

Cloonan's disallowed goal was also bs. As Bomber said, you could see half the puck sticking out from under Woll's pad. The jammed at it for maybe one second before it went in. The ref was right there and did not hesitate to signal a goal. Did not wave it off because he "intended to blow his whistle" which I've seen/heard a hundred times before. As terrible as that is, it's at least defensible. The reason they gave for disallowing last night was that you can't score by pushing the goalie into the net when he has control of the puck. Meaning, puck is under pad, push pad (and thus the puck, too) over goal line...no goal. Unfortunately for idiotic refs, no part of Woll was pushed into the net. Totally ridiculous.

BUtogether was cute for a couple days, but the act has worn thin already. We get it, dude. You don't think Quinn is a good coach and the BU players are mostly crap. Find something new to say.
                    Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                      In Neely's "statement" he basically puts the decision on Sweeney. Which I don't believe for a minute and is therefore also a bs move.

Cloonan's disallowed goal was also bs. As Bomber said, you could see half the puck sticking out from under Woll's pad. The jammed at it for maybe one second before it went in. The ref was right there and did not hesitate to signal a goal. Did not wave it off because he "intended to blow his whistle" which I've seen/heard a hundred times before. As terrible as that is, it's at least defensible. The reason they gave for disallowing last night was that you can't score by pushing the goalie into the net when he has control of the puck. Meaning, puck is under pad, push pad (and thus the puck, too) over goal line...no goal. Unfortunately for idiotic refs, no part of Woll was pushed into the net. Totally ridiculous.

BUtogether was cute for a couple days, but the act has worn thin already. We get it, dude. You don't think Quinn is a good coach and the BU players are mostly crap. Find something new to say.
                      Not crap at all dude...probably the most talented team top to bottom in the country. I believe this coach cares more about appeasing his NHL masters than developing this team...this team should be playing much better offensively and instead is relying on Oettinger and Keller to mask an inability to score goals. Have the top 10 players changed at all since day 1 of the season?...only when someone has been out of town or Bellows has been so awful that you just can't put him in...and guess what BU has scored more goals when that has happened...despite wins over a clearly overrated BC team...can you with a straight face say this team is improving since the WJC ended? Or that a team with this much talent should have such an anemic power play?..the Patrick Harper at the point experience has run its course..for the love of god try something new.
                      Last edited by BUtogether; 02-07-2017, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I really hate the way so much can be reviewed....
                        +100

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                          BC is a good match up for them..basically the same team only not as good...BC 0-8 now against teams in the top 16 of the Pairwise
                          What are you talking about? They beat Providence (twice), Wisconsin and Denver...

Comment

Working...
                          X