This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Not sure if I am breaking any unwritten rules starting a new thread before the last one is done, but the off-season is over, so there you have it.

So, first real game tonight. Who dresses?

- It seems the top three lines could be set (with Curry centering Roberto and Olsson for the third line - really like that line). Fourth line? I don't know who is hurt. Cloonan didn't dress, yet, right? Nor Phelps?

- On D, Somerby, Hickey, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys must be shoe ins. McLeod or Diffley?

- I'm guessing Oettinger gets the start.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Not sure if I am breaking any unwritten rules starting a new thread before the last one is done, but the off-season is over, so there you have it.

- It seems the top three lines could be set (with Curry centering Roberto and Olsson for the third line - really like that line). Fourth line? I don't know who is hurt. Cloonan didn't dress, yet, right? Nor Phelps?

- On D, Somerby, Hickey, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys must be shoe ins. McLeod or Diffley?

Cloonan, Phelps, and Andren didn't dress. I saw Cloonan and Andren walking from Agganis before the game and they were carrying their bags and didn't seem outwardly injured. Maybe enough to not play in an exhibition but ok for a real game?

I wonder if McLeod might be in the doghouse again after taking a couple penalties Thursday. Diffley might get the nod. Good problem to have.

Was also thinking Lacouvee gets the start as a nod to the upperclassman but watch me be wrong.

Comment

Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

Originally posted by defkit View Post

Lines stay the same. Hickey is back, paired with Fabbro, Krys & McAvoy, Somerby & MacLeod. Oettinger starts.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Anyone go the games against Team USA-u18 last week?

I was wondering if their any intensity to these games or is it more like a scrimmage? Since it is a u-18 team I'm guessing they might tone down the physical play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Anyone go the games against Team USA-u18 last week?

I was wondering if their any intensity to these games or is it more like a scrimmage? Since it is a u-18 team I'm guessing they might tone down the physical play.
          Certainly some intensity to it, these kids know each other fairly well. It's usually not a goonfest like the Canadian games, but they don't go out gangbusters trying to hurt everyone. The U18s this year were definitely not as good as previous years.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Like to see the boys continue this run next week at Denver. Dam near perfect early season test.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oettinger very impressive, stopping 29.

No highlights video yet, but there's a link to the full game archive.
              http://livestream.com/Colgate/events...deos/138278696
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                Was also thinking Lacouvee gets the start as a nod to the upperclassman but watch me be wrong.
                I will be very surprised if we see much of Lacouvee this season. The roles look pretty defined, and he is not a co-#1.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                  I will be very surprised if we see much of Lacouvee this season. The roles look pretty defined, and he is not a co-#1.
                  I disagree. Coach likes Conner and he looked good on Thursday. Expect him to start one of the Denver games and the Sacred Heart game.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Patrick Harper with 10 goals in 9 periods.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      I disagree. Coach likes Conner and he looked good on Thursday. Expect him to start one of the Denver games and the Sacred Heart game.
                      This could go either way, IMHO. Oettinger has shown he can play well at this level (granted, 1 game). I agree that coach wants to put Lavouvee into a spot to succeed, as I think he feels he is close to being a very good goalie. With Sacred Heart on the horizon, does he possibly give Oettinger both Denver games and then let Lacouvee play SHU? Perhaps Oettinger starts the first game, and if we win and he plays well, he gets the second game too. A sweep vs. a split with Denver could be huge come PWR time.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

On 13 shots
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          On 13 shots
                          Meaning, that shooting percentage will come down dramatically

Gonna get a desperate denver team already, just not sure if they can do anything against your runaway train!

Comment

This has been a pretty sensational debut.
                            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Like to see the boys continue this run next week at Denver. Dam near perfect early season test.
                              Time for mookie to begin HEA OOC thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X