Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

  1. #1
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,709

    BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Not sure if I am breaking any unwritten rules starting a new thread before the last one is done, but the off-season is over, so there you have it.

    So, first real game tonight. Who dresses?

    - It seems the top three lines could be set (with Curry centering Roberto and Olsson for the third line - really like that line). Fourth line? I don't know who is hurt. Cloonan didn't dress, yet, right? Nor Phelps?

    - On D, Somerby, Hickey, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys must be shoe ins. McLeod or Diffley?

    - I'm guessing Oettinger gets the start.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Not sure if I am breaking any unwritten rules starting a new thread before the last one is done, but the off-season is over, so there you have it.

    So, first real game tonight. Who dresses?

    - It seems the top three lines could be set (with Curry centering Roberto and Olsson for the third line - really like that line). Fourth line? I don't know who is hurt. Cloonan didn't dress, yet, right? Nor Phelps?

    - On D, Somerby, Hickey, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys must be shoe ins. McLeod or Diffley?

    - I'm guessing Oettinger gets the start.
    Cloonan, Phelps, and Andren didn't dress. I saw Cloonan and Andren walking from Agganis before the game and they were carrying their bags and didn't seem outwardly injured. Maybe enough to not play in an exhibition but ok for a real game?

    I wonder if McLeod might be in the doghouse again after taking a couple penalties Thursday. Diffley might get the nod. Good problem to have.

    Was also thinking Lacouvee gets the start as a nod to the upperclassman but watch me be wrong.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,378

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post

    So, first real game tonight. Who dresses?

    - It seems the top three lines could be set (with Curry centering Roberto and Olsson for the third line - really like that line). Fourth line? I don't know who is hurt. Cloonan didn't dress, yet, right? Nor Phelps?

    - On D, Somerby, Hickey, McAvoy, Fabbro, Krys must be shoe ins. McLeod or Diffley?

    - I'm guessing Oettinger gets the start.
    Lines stay the same. Hickey is back, paired with Fabbro, Krys & McAvoy, Somerby & MacLeod. Oettinger starts.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    50

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Anyone go the games against Team USA-u18 last week?

    I was wondering if their any intensity to these games or is it more like a scrimmage? Since it is a u-18 team I'm guessing they might tone down the physical play.

  5. #5
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,739

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Anyone go the games against Team USA-u18 last week?

    I was wondering if their any intensity to these games or is it more like a scrimmage? Since it is a u-18 team I'm guessing they might tone down the physical play.
    Certainly some intensity to it, these kids know each other fairly well. It's usually not a goonfest like the Canadian games, but they don't go out gangbusters trying to hurt everyone. The U18s this year were definitely not as good as previous years.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  6. #6
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Like to see the boys continue this run next week at Denver. Dam near perfect early season test.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,378

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Oettinger very impressive, stopping 29.

    No highlights video yet, but there's a link to the full game archive.
    http://livestream.com/Colgate/events...deos/138278696

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    436

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Was also thinking Lacouvee gets the start as a nod to the upperclassman but watch me be wrong.
    I will be very surprised if we see much of Lacouvee this season. The roles look pretty defined, and he is not a co-#1.

  9. #9
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,623

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    I will be very surprised if we see much of Lacouvee this season. The roles look pretty defined, and he is not a co-#1.
    I disagree. Coach likes Conner and he looked good on Thursday. Expect him to start one of the Denver games and the Sacred Heart game.
    It Happened!!!!

  10. #10
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,623

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Patrick Harper with 10 goals in 9 periods.
    It Happened!!!!

  11. #11
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    I disagree. Coach likes Conner and he looked good on Thursday. Expect him to start one of the Denver games and the Sacred Heart game.
    This could go either way, IMHO. Oettinger has shown he can play well at this level (granted, 1 game). I agree that coach wants to put Lavouvee into a spot to succeed, as I think he feels he is close to being a very good goalie. With Sacred Heart on the horizon, does he possibly give Oettinger both Denver games and then let Lacouvee play SHU? Perhaps Oettinger starts the first game, and if we win and he plays well, he gets the second game too. A sweep vs. a split with Denver could be huge come PWR time.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  12. #12
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Patrick Harper with 10 goals in 9 periods.
    On 13 shots

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,218
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    On 13 shots
    Meaning, that shooting percentage will come down dramatically



    Gonna get a desperate denver team already, just not sure if they can do anything against your runaway train!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    148

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Patrick Harper with 10 goals in 9 periods.
    This has been a pretty sensational debut.
    Boston University CAS'88

    GO BU!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    4,662
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Like to see the boys continue this run next week at Denver. Dam near perfect early season test.
    Time for mookie to begin HEA OOC thread.

  16. #16
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,623

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Time for mookie to begin HEA OOC thread.
    I thought for sure he would have created that bad-boy after AF took out the Igles.

    Come on mook, we need the levity!
    It Happened!!!!

  17. #17
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,017

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Colgate fan here, you guys have it all, speed, size, it's going to be a fun year for you, good luck going forward.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  18. #18
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,709

    Re: BU 2016-17 Season Thread I: The Kids are Alright

    Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Colgate fan here, you guys have it all, speed, size, it's going to be a fun year for you, good luck going forward.
    Thanks. The team should be able to compete for some hardware. Chicago in early April would be nice...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  19. #19
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,793
    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Thanks. The team should be able to compete for some hardware. Chicago in early April would be nice...
    Let's just see how this weekend goes.

  20. #20
    Just Browsing...
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bostonish
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Let's just see how this weekend goes.
    The weather looks nice.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •