Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUHockey View Post
    "What is the "BIG snitch"? Have I missed something?"

BIG is the size of the player Snitch, otherwise known in mafia terms as a RAT. 32 is the number he wears on his back. Informing Coach Powers with information about his teammates off ice activities is what he does best. Playing large minutes and key situations is his reward for the information he gives to Powers. It's called the Power Hockey Rewards program.
    And you can prove that right?
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      And you can prove that right?
      Oh yes, yes. Just ask any 1 of #32 ASU teammates from last year or this year. It's no secret the RAT has been let out of the bag.
      Last edited by ASUHockey; 11-27-2016, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Tough loss tonight. Very evenly played game with both goalies making some big stops. Congrats to RPI on finding a way to win. But a well played weekend for the Devils overall. Colgate at home next weekend and another chance to pick up a win or two.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUHockey View Post
          Oh yes, yes. Just ask any 1 of #32 ASU teammates from last year or this year. It's no secret the RAT has been let out of the bag.
          I'll try to make one of the games this weekend and I'll ask.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
          A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
          Arizona State Class of 1974
          ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

The Devils are coming off an exciting weekend where they split with RPI in two well contested games. This weekend Colgate visits Oceanside for two games. It will be great to have them visit and hope to see many of their fans at our place. RPI had a great group of fans/supporters that traveled out and made for a fun weekend.

The student paper did a nice story on the promotion of Anthony Croston to alternative captain. Croston is local product that played in the NAHL. Link to the story here.

Also, the school columnist did a story on the early season schedule with comments from Powers and Grad Student Robbie Baillargeon. That can he viewed here.

Go Devils!

Comment

Nice win for the Devils last night. Then again, every win we get is a good one this season. ASU received a great performance from Louie Rowe, who had 2 goals, one shorthanded. Kid has been very effective on the PK this year. Colgate twice was down two, but made a strong push late and just missed on evening the score with seconds remaining. RPI dropped their opener to ASU last weekend, but bounced back well in winning the Saturday contest. I'm sure we will see the same for the Red Raiders. For ASU this is the fourth home game in the four-game homestand and would be a nice marker to win tonight and go 3-1. Should be another interesting game. Go Devils!

Comment

Congrats on the win. Your TV broadcast was great! I really appreciate being able to watch the game. Thanks! Looking forward to another good game tonight, but with a different outcome for my boys!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                  Congrats on the win. Your TV broadcast was great! I really appreciate being able to watch the game. Thanks! Looking forward to another good game tonight, but with a different outcome for my boys!
                  Thanks for sharing. They do a nice job on the broadcast and they are all just students! Your boys were playing really well in that last 10 minutes. I have to imagine they will be coming out on fire tonight. I'm heading towards the rink in a few for some dinner in the area and then to the game. It is really great to have you guys here. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
                    Nice win for the Devils last night. Then again, every win we get is a good one this season. ASU received a great performance from Louie Rowe, who had 2 goals, one shorthanded. Kid has been very effective on the PK this year. Colgate twice was down two, but made a strong push late and just missed on evening the score with seconds remaining. RPI dropped their opener to ASU last weekend, but bounced back well in winning the Saturday contest. I'm sure we will see the same for the Red Raiders. For ASU this is the fourth home game in the four-game homestand and would be a nice marker to win tonight and go 3-1. Should be another interesting game. Go Devils!
                    Nice to see things are working out for the Kid and his Coach. For some strange reason there's a large group of players on this team that are not getting the same recognition or opportunity as the Kid. Why do you think that is? We may see some big announcements coming in the near future if changes are not made soon.
                    Last edited by ASUHockey; 12-05-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

ASUHockey sounds like a hockey dad whose son isn't getting enough playing time. Look, everybody goes through a few bumps in the road. It is the true champions who get through the adversity and becomes a true asset to the team. Perhaps a more positive attitude from dad might rub off on your son. Continually nitpicking the Devils players and coaching staff is not helping anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by AZAce View Post
                        ASUHockey sounds like a hockey dad whose son isn't getting enough playing time. Look, everybody goes through a few bumps in the road. It is the true champions who get through the adversity and becomes a true asset to the team. Perhaps a more positive attitude from dad might rub off on your son. Continually nitpicking the Devils players and coaching staff is not helping anybody.
                        "I don't understand why some people have to be so negative on this forum, it's very discouraging to read some of the comments, makes me not want to come back and it really shouldn't be that way" - This was ASUHockey back in January on a thread for our Classic. Something obviously changed. It's unfortunate.

For me, it's about the program and no individual. I root for any kid who wants to be a Sun Devil and does things the right way. Just like life, some situations will not work, and I'm sure this program is not going to be for every kid. When someone does leave, I wish them well.

Enough of this for me though. Would rather discuss the games, program development, and arena, etc. I have had some nice exchanges with our opposing fans and even met some really cool folks at Gila River from Michigan Tech last year. Colgate, while a feisty series on the ice, has some awesome folks on here and had some great folks at Oceanside. It's a nice place to talk college hockey here and in our home barns.

It's the holiday season, let's get back to enjoying the games. We have some funs ones, including our classic, ahead. Go Devils!

Comment

Thanks! We said!

Comment

Nice road win for the Sun Devils over AIC. A pair with UMass left over the weekend on this road trip. The boys have now won 3 of their last 5. Joey Daccord was back in goal and picked up the win. Joey Raats made his return to the lineup and had two assists. Go Devils!

Comment

Congratulations on a very nice win tonight against UMass! That's two wins in a row for the first time this season. Hopefully, the Devils will achieve three in a row tomorrow night! Forks Up!

Comment

Originally posted by AZAce View Post
                                Congratulations on a very nice win tonight against UMass! That's two wins in a row for the first time this season. Hopefully, the Devils will achieve three in a row tomorrow night! Forks Up!
                                Yes indeed! Also makes 4 of our last 6! It is awesome to see this team get some positive results. Much deserved. Was a fun game to watch and well worth the $6.95. UMass has a nice broadcast. Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping we can go into the holiday break on a three-game streak. Go Devils!

Comment

Working...
                                X