Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Good game last night at Gila River Arena. Arizona State dropped a 4-3 contest to #18 Air Force. The Devils skated with the Falcons throughout and were done in by two goals allowed off bad turnovers. ASU got a nice boost having BU transfer Robbie Baillargeon in the lineup for the first time as a Sun Devil. But it was the freshmen, Tyler Busch and Brinson Pasichnuk that stood out. Both scored goals and appeared as good as any player on the ice. Levin started in goal, but was pulled midway in the second period for freshman Joey Daccord. Levin looked great at ND last weekend, but Daccord is at a different level. He has already been announced the starter for Sunday. ASU was whistled for 6 penalties, four in the second, which turned the momentum to Air Force. There was a nice crowd of just under 1,800, however, it looked empty playing in an NHL arena. But it was still a fun environment and was going head to head with the basketball "midnight madness" event happening at the same time across town on campus. The game Sunday will be on the Pac-12 Network. Hoping for a better result. Go Devils.

Comment

ASU first home win as well as first win against a rank opponent today with a 5-2 victory over Air Force.

Comment

Great weekend for Arizona State Hockey. After a complete debacle in the season opener at Notre Dame last weekend, the team showed a great effort in losing to the Irish 4-2 in the second game of that series. That game was tied 2-2 after 2. This Friday, ASU out skated Air Force for times during the game, but turnovers were their undoing in a 4-3 loss. Today the team put together a great all around performance for a 5-2 win. Freshman Joey Daccord is proving he will be something special in goal. Freshman Tyler Busch scored again and has now scored in all four games this season. Grad Transfer Robbie Baillargeon is just a huge addition. So many positives to take moving forward and nice to see them improve after each game this season. First win over a ranked squad and first home win over a D1 opponent (played the hybrid schedule last year). Sweet game to build on for the future. The small crowd was the only disappointing part. But that will come as the program builds. Northeastern next week, before Harvard and Michigan come to the desert. Go Devils!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
          Great weekend for Arizona State Hockey. After a complete debacle in the season opener at Notre Dame last weekend, the team showed a great effort in losing to the Irish 4-2 in the second game of that series. That game was tied 2-2 after 2. This Friday, ASU out skated Air Force for times during the game, but turnovers were their undoing in a 4-3 loss. Today the team put together a great all around performance for a 5-2 win. Freshman Joey Daccord is proving he will be something special in goal. Freshman Tyler Busch scored again and has now scored in all four games this season. Grad Transfer Robbie Baillargeon is just a huge addition. So many positives to take moving forward and nice to see them improve after each game this season. First win over a ranked squad and first home win over a D1 opponent (played the hybrid schedule last year). Sweet game to build on for the future. The small crowd was the only disappointing part. But that will come as the program builds. Northeastern next week, before Harvard and Michigan come to the desert. Go Devils!!!
          Your insight is right on!
          I was talking to a booster a while back and he was so excited that they would have enough games to qualify for the NCAAs in their first year. I wanted to give him a prediction (for last year) but I kept my mouth shut. The feeling was ASU did so well in the ACHA the MOVE to NCAA DI would really be easy, now, I think they know that it is not a move but a LEAP!
          Last edited by Irishdave; 10-17-2016, 12:06 AM.

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
          A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
          Arizona State Class of 1974
          ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Tough one for our side tonight. Northeastern scored the first 4 goals to win 5-2. I was happy the way we continued to battle tonight and hope it helps going into tomorrow. According to the live stats, we won the faceoff battle 44-22. Will wait to see if that is on the official box. I'm guessing Pashovitz, who relieved Daccord, will get his first start of the season tomorrow night in goal. Pash started most of our games last season and did quite well at times. Great coverage from the Northeastern folks with a great video and live stats offering. Look forward to giving it another go tomorrow! Go Devils!

Comment

Tough one for our side tonight. Northeastern scored the first 4 goals to win 5-2. I was happy the way we continued to battle tonight and hope it helps going into tomorrow. According to the live stats, we won the faceoff battle 44-22. Will wait to see if that is on the official box. I'm guessing Pashovitz, who relieved Daccord, will get his first start of the season tomorrow night in goal. Pash started most of our games last season and did quite well at times. Great coverage from the Northeastern folks with a great video and live stats offering. Look forward to giving it another go tomorrow! Go Devils!
              Oh my!!! It's going to be another long year for the Sun Devils!! Coach Powers inexperience is starting to stand out like a HEATED FORK. When you hear the play by play announcers say, "I've never seen 2 players play this much at the College D1 level at this point in the season".

Comment

Originally posted by ASUHockey View Post
                Oh my!!! It's going to be another long year for the Sun Devils!! Coach Powers inexperience is starting to stand out like a HEATED FORK. When you hear the play by play announcers say, "I've never seen 2 players play this much at the College D1 level at this point in the season".
                I know you didn't want to hear it when I said it a whole back. He's a joke and a legend in his own mine. ASU should can him before all that cash is gone🙂

Comment

Originally posted by ASUHockey View Post
                  Long year? What are your expectations? And as far as ice time, what two players are they referring to and where is the stat for ice time? I have not seen them listed anywhere. Allow the process to work. It is just the stat of year two and our first full D1 schedule.

Comment

Hey guys. Harvard fan here attending both games this coming weekend. Any thoughts on things to do before the games etc? If I wait to eat dinner until after the games, any thoughts as to where?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm looking forward to your visit to Ohio State but hard to believe that's 3 months away yet.
                      Our teams may look entirely different by then, so we'll see what that 3 months will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                        Hey guys. Harvard fan here attending both games this coming weekend. Any thoughts on things to do before the games etc? If I wait to eat dinner until after the games, any thoughts as to where?

Thanks in advance.
                        Hope you enjoy the trip, you are in for two drastically different experiences between Gila and Oceanside. Gila River Arena is located at the Westgate complex and home to many great food options. Here is a link to all of the restaurant and shops.

Oceanside doesn't have much around it, but you are a short 5 minute ride from Tempe Marketplace which is a smaller version of Westgate. You could also go down to Mill Ave. That is probably a much better and more fun place to visit.

We don't have a true permanent home so these two venues are either way to big (Gila) or kind of makeshift (Oceanside). But we make the best of it for now.

Weather will still be in the 90's next weekend, but if you are in for some beautiful hikes, there are many beautiful places to go to.

Hope this helps you out on your trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I'm looking forward to your visit to Ohio State but hard to believe that's 3 months away yet.
                          Our teams may look entirely different by then, so we'll see what that 3 months will bring.
                          Each week is awesome for us. A new experience against some great clubs and great venues! I will be making one road trip each year and picked Denver this year. It was a hard choice with places like Columbus on the schedule. Look forward to the series!

Comment

Each week is awesome for us. A new experience against some great clubs and great venues! I will be making one road trip each year and picked Denver this year. It was a hard choice with places like Columbus on the schedule. Look forward to the series!
                            The one unique feature about Ohio State's venue is we have the only NHL size on campus arena in the country. It's been a source of debate as we obviously don't sell over 17,000 seats a game but we can do over 10,000 at times or as few as 4000. I hope you do make it here sometime and see what you think of the experience.
                            I would recommend if you do come plan on eating in the arena's Boardroom. It's a bar/lounge under the arena at ice level and they have an all game long all you can eat buffet of chef prepared food for $18.00 as you can easily pay that much for overpriced concession food upstairs!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              The one unique feature about Ohio State's venue is we have the only NHL size on campus arena in the country.
                              You forgot Wisconsin.
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                                You forgot Wisconsin.
                                Perhaps, but we're larger capacity. Besides, who's side are you on here?

Comment

Working...
                                X