Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Well on a night ASU played arguably its most complete game of the season in a 4-2 loss to #9 W. Michigan, the school announced the proposed agreement between them and the Coyotes is off the table. No idea what caused this, but it is troubling for NHL hockey staying in Arizona and who knows what will happen with ASU. Article below.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...empe/97460974/

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
      Well on a night ASU played arguably its most complete game of the season in a 4-2 loss to #9 W. Michigan, the school announced the proposed agreement between them and the Coyotes is off the table. No idea what caused this, but it is troubling for NHL hockey staying in Arizona and who knows what will happen with ASU. Article below.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...empe/97460974/
      At this point ASU should just do a full renovation of Wells Fargo Arena and put basketball and hockey under one roof. Probably the cheapest way to go.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Tippett is going to lose his job and then they are moving to Q city. Guaranteed🙂

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          At this point ASU should just do a full renovation of Wells Fargo Arena and put basketball and hockey under one roof. Probably the cheapest way to go.
          I don't think it would be feasible. Not only is the building old, scheduling would be a nightmare with both men's and women's hoops, wrestling, gymnastics etc.

It would be cheaper to go back to the original idea of building next to the basketball arena, on the land that previously hosted the frat/sorority houses. That was slated to be a 40 million project, 4k arena. But now with seemingly everything money wise being given to the football stadium and dedicated football admin building, who knows what they will do. But the lack of any public declaration is concerning. Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
            Tippett is going to lose his job and then they are moving to Q city. Guaranteed🙂
            I would imagine Seattle or Portland would be the first on the list to grab them if they go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
              I would imagine Seattle or Portland would be the first on the list to grab them if they go.
              Seattle doesn't have an arena plan in place. The NHL badly wants to keep the Coyotes from moving, at least until they pocket another $500 million expansion fee.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Seattle doesn't have an arena plan in place. The NHL badly wants to keep the Coyotes from moving, at least until they pocket another $500 million expansion fee.
                No, they do not have a new arena. But the city just a few weeks ago put out a RFP regarding renovations for a possible NHL team. Article below.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/n...for-proposals/

Comment

What a great ending to the D-I portion of our schedule with a 2-2 tie tonight at Western Michigan. ASU led 2-1 late, but the Broncos scored with 54 seconds left to tie it. ASU did get the win in the exhibition 3-on-3 double OT. This wraps up the D-I slate with wins over two ranked opponents in Air Force and Quinnipiac and two ties in games at Ohio State and WMU. Throw in a three-game road sweep at AIC and UMASS along with some nice wins over RPI, Colgate and UNH and this has been a great step forward in what amounts to our first full season at D-I. 4 exhibitions left to wrap up the schedule. Already excited for 2017-18!

Comment

What a great ending to the D-I portion of our schedule with a 2-2 tie tonight at Western Michigan. ASU led 2-1 late, but the Broncos scored with 54 seconds left to tie it. ASU did get the win in the exhibition 3-on-3 double OT. This wraps up the D-I slate with wins over two ranked opponents in Air Force and Quinnipiac and two ties in games at Ohio State and WMU. Throw in a three-game road sweep at AIC and UMASS along with some nice wins over RPI, Colgate and UNH and this has been a great step forward in what amounts to our first full season at D-I. 4 exhibitions left to wrap up the schedule. Already excited for 2017-18!
                    ASU looked like a nice team. Was impressed with the amount of support that showed up to Lawson. I hope you guys get the arena and conference situation worked out since I'd love to take a trip down to Tempe for a series sometime. Also, listening to the post game interview with Andy Murray he was very excited about your team and how they played. Kinda sounded like he was pulling for the NCHC to turn around it's refusal to admit the program. I'm sure it would be nice for recruiting as well for the Californian players.
                    Anyway, good luck next season Sun Devils!
                    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                      ASU looked like a nice team. Was impressed with the amount of support that showed up to Lawson. I hope you guys get the arena and conference situation worked out since I'd love to take a trip down to Tempe for a series sometime. Also, listening to the post game interview with Andy Murray he was very excited about your team and how they played. Kinda sounded like he was pulling for the NCHC to turn around it's refusal to admit the program. I'm sure it would be nice for recruiting as well for the Californian players.
                      Anyway, good luck next season Sun Devils!
                      Thanks for the nice words. I heard from interviews with the players that they felt it was the best environment they have played in all season. And that is saying a lot with some of the places they have visited. I watched the online broadcast and it looked like the place had some great energy and the student section looked awesome. Andy Murray seems like a classy guy. The announcer for the second game referenced WMU coming to Tempe next season. So maybe?

Obviously the Coyotes deal falling through has created some concern arena and conference wise. The next six months will be telling as to what the future will hold. But there are many unanswered questions at the moment.

You all gained a fan in me. Best of luck in the postseason!

Comment

Some very positive words from ASU AD Ray Anderson on our arena situation. Great to hear!

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...-falls-through

Comment

Some very positive words from ASU AD Ray Anderson on our arena situation. Great to hear!

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...-falls-through
                          Good to hear. Best get started to meet 2018-19 season.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Good to hear. Best get started to meet 2018-19 season.
                            That's close to be impossible. Might as well aim for 19/20. No league is taking you until you get the arena plans done, the site picked out, and construction started. that's a minimum of 8 months from now. By that time most teams will have 18- 19 non con games already contracted for and league schedules done, or nearly so. Even then it is no slam dunk, what with the cost of travel and the travel situation in general.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              That's close to be impossible. Might as well aim for 19/20. No league is taking you until you get the arena plans done, the site picked out, and construction started. that's a minimum of 8 months from now. By that time most teams will have 18- 19 non con games already contracted for and league schedules done, or nearly so. Even then it is no slam dunk, what with the cost of travel and the travel situation in general.
                              In the article that was attached, the AD says it would be for the 19-20 season.

Comment

http://arenadigest.com/2017/02/14/as...arena-pursuit/
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X