Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Proud of the boys, beating UMass 4-1 to complete the weekend sweep and cap a 3-0 road trip. Team has also won 5 of their 7. Levin picked up the win for the second night in a row. Next up ... our Classic with Brown, UConn and St. Cloud State. Go Devils!!

Comment

Big game from Louie Rowe the RAT tonight. May be the best player in the NCAA. Coach Powers for Coach of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUHockey View Post
        Big game from Louie Rowe the RAT tonight. May be the best player in the NCAA. Coach Powers for Coach of the year!
        Ok, I'll bite. As I pointed out you were the one who claimed the board was too negative and wasn't sure you wanted to come back. Now you are the source of the negativity on this thread. You said someone was going to leave the program and Masters did. Someone else pointed out that you were an angry dad. So putting two and two together, it makes sense. As I said before, programs are not for everyone. Heck, read the front page of this website and you are seeing movement. Part of college athletics this day. I wish Jordan well. He is a good player and will have a nice career. But I think everyone knows your point of view. You don't like Louie Rowe and you don't like Greg Powers. Noted. But why just come on there to repeat the same thing? Again, I bit, but am moving on. Wish you well.

Comment

Fun night at the Desert Classic tonight. The Classic was moved to Prescott Valley and the Events Center. there. This is about 90 minutes north of Tempe. This was the former home of the Arizona Sundogs, CHL Champions in 2008, but now have folded as did the league. But it is a great midsized arena for hockey. Great game in the opener with UCONN knocking off St. Cloud St. 4-3. ASU and Brown played to a wild 8-8 tie, with Brown advancing to the championship via the 3x3 OT goal. ASU was down 4-2, battled back to lead 6-4 after 2. Brown scored two quick ones to even the game at 6. ASU led 7-6 and 8-7, but the dagger was a Brown goal with 15 seconds left. Anthony Croston had 5 assists and Louie Rowe had two goals and an assist. Both finished the night +4. Hard to be disappointed, but it feels like we let this one slip away. But looking back we beat UNH after rallying late and winning in OT. So you take the good with the bad in year 2. St. Cloud St. looked really good and will be a tall challenge for ASU tomorrow. UCONN looked very solid and seems poised to win the Classic. Nice showing of fans from SCSU. Again, fun night of college pucks in Arizona and looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. So fortunate to have this sport at ASU. Go Devils!

Comment

Are there highlights of last night's game somewhere? The box score looks crazy and I'd love to see how it all unfolded!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
              Are there highlights of last night's game somewhere? The box score looks crazy and I'd love to see how it all unfolded!
              A third party vendor streamed the game, so we didn't get the highlight package from our school as we usually do. @icetimesw put up a few clips, but it looks like only a few of the ASU goals. It was a crazy game indeed. The tie is probably the fairest result and congrats to your boys on advancing to the finals vs. UCONN. We now have our hands more than full with SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
                A third party vendor streamed the game, so we didn't get the highlight package from our school as we usually do. @icetimesw put up a few clips, but it looks like only a few of the ASU goals. It was a crazy game indeed. The tie is probably the fairest result and congrats to your boys on advancing to the finals vs. UCONN. We now have our hands more than full with SCSU.
                Ah, that's too bad. Good luck against SCSU! That would be a HUGE win for the ASU program.

Comment

Another great night to cap of the Desert Classic. UCONN looked great in winning the Classic with a 4-1 victory over Brown. Brown jumped out to a 1-0 lead after 1 period, but UCONN goalie Nichols shut them out the rest of the way. St. Cloud St. knocked off the Devils 4-2 in the nightcap. SCSU jumped out to a 3-0 lead after 2 before the Devils came storming back with two goals in just under two minutes. ASU had a few decent chances to tie it up before SCSU buried an empty netter with one tick on the clock. ASU is now 5-3-1 in their last nine, but there were many encouraging signs from the weekend. Daccord made the start and looked sharp. The Devils had two defensive miscues that led to two of the goals, one which led to a shorthanded breakaway goal. That and going 0-5 on the power play hurt their chances for the win. Steen Pasichnuk returned and scored a goal. Anthony Croston was ASUs game MVP. Schedule only gets tougher as the Devils venture back on the road to face Denver next weekend. All in all it was a great weekend and something to build on for future Classics if they decide to play in Prescott Valley. I hope they keep going back until our own home arena is complete. Lastly, it was nice to chat with some of the parents. Sounds like their kids are enjoying the program and looking forward to the net few years! Go Devils!

Comment

Coach Powers for NCAA Coach of the year. We are hoping he gets the call from NHL next season. Ray Anderson - have players do an anonomys coaching review from all players not just #32.

Comment

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Coach Powers for NCAA Coach of the year. We are hoping he gets the call from NHL next season. Ray Anderson - have players do an anonomys coaching review from all players not just #32.

Comment

Nice article on ASU commit Austin Lemieux, son of NHL legend Mario Lemieux. ASU hasn't released it as he hasn't officially signed yet. Austin currently leads the USPHL Premier with 55 points (16 goals and 39 assists).

http://northofboston.wickedlocal.com...rs-hockey-club

Comment

So, any of your fans coming to Ohio State this weekend?

Comment

Ran into the ASU boys in the Columbus airport this afternoon. Chatted with a couple of them, nice kids. Wished them luck beating the zero's...they got the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              Ran into the ASU boys in the Columbus airport this afternoon. Chatted with a couple of them, nice kids. Wished them luck beating the zero's...they got the reference.
                              They'll need that luck you wished them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                So, any of your fans coming to Ohio State this weekend?
                                Hey Buckeye! I wish I was making the trip. I actually made the trip last week to Denver for the weekend series. One trip a year might be my budget limit! I'm looking forward to watching the games on the website and Saturday on TV. We had been on a nice little roll, but Denver had their way with us last weekend. Good luck to you guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X