Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State Sun Devils 2016-17 -- Year Two!

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Ran into the ASU boys in the Columbus airport this afternoon. Chatted with a couple of them, nice kids. Wished them luck beating the zero's...they got the reference.
    Awesome to hear the boys were representing well! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89 View Post
      Hey Buckeye! I wish I was making the trip. I actually made the trip last week to Denver for the weekend series. One trip a year might be my budget limit! I'm looking forward to watching the games on the website and Saturday on TV. We had been on a nice little roll, but Denver had their way with us last weekend. Good luck to you guys!
      BTW, I wasn't ragging on ASU when I made the comment to PUTD, just picking on him for what seemed to be his bias against my team. Would be happy to welcome the ASU players & fans here anytime!
      It would be a lot more interesting if ASU had accepted the B1G's offer to join and actually be a part of our conference.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-13-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        BTW, I wasn't ragging on ASU when I made the comment to PUTD, just picking on him for what seemed to be his bias against my team. Would be happy to welcome the ASU players & fans here anytime!
        It would be a lot more interesting if ASU had accepted the B1G's offer to join and actually be a part of our conference.
        HB, I also took your comment in the spirit in which it was offered, though I think I'm within the bounds of forum decorum by commenting on ASU opponents in the ASU thread. I've done the same on your thread when you play those rascally Miami Staters, it's just sad there aren't any MSU posters on this board to get riled up when I do.

Good luck to everyone playing in Columbus this weekend, here's hoping for ties all around

Comment

All good here Hockeybuckeye! No offense taken. Nice win for your boys. We had a rough first 10 and that spelled doom for us. Nice to see us get some shots on goal, a change from DU last weekend. I hope we can put up a 60 minute effort tomorrow. Thanks for coming on this board and chatting!

Comment

HB, I also took your comment in the spirit in which it was offered, though I think I'm within the bounds of forum decorum by commenting on ASU opponents in the ASU thread. I've done the same on your thread when you play those rascally Miami Staters, it's just sad there aren't any MSU posters on this board to get riled up when I do.

Good luck to everyone playing in Columbus this weekend, here's hoping for ties all around
            Would have taken that tie, Talons! Maybe tomorrow! Hopefully we get a series with you all soon!

Comment

Meant to add this last comment. I had heard B1G didn't offer ASU. I might be wrong, but I thought when they added ND they also said they were not interested in us. I know our Arena situation is probably a factor. Hopefully that gets resolved this year with the Coyotes partnership proposal.

Comment

It's all in good fun!

Comment

Meant to add this last comment. I had heard B1G didn't offer ASU. I might be wrong, but I thought when they added ND they also said they were not interested in us. I know our Arena situation is probably a factor. Hopefully that gets resolved this year with the Coyotes partnership proposal.
                  The B1G want's to extend it's sphere of influence coast to coast with it's media and coverage, recruiting, ect.
                  Kind of like an evil empire only without the tanks & planes!
                  They thought ASU was approachable.

Comment

The B1G want's to extend it's sphere of influence coast to coast with it's media and coverage, recruiting, ect.
                    Inside line is independent for one more year. Will be interesting to see where we land. It has been very quiet on that front.

Comment

Very excited by the effort today. The boys battled to the end and managed to score a goal with the extra skater with 26 seconds left to earn the 2-2 tie. ASU got a huge game from senior goalie Rob Levin. He hadn't seen action since the 8-8 Brown tie. The top line of Murphy-Baillargeon-Rowe were rolling. They were creating some decent chances. The guys started this weekend poorly by allowing four goals in the first 11 minutes. But showed themselves well the rest of the weekend. And it is an extra bonus to do it on national tv. Go Devils!

Comment

Inside line is independent for one more year. Will be interesting to see where we land. It has been very quiet on that front.
                        It was my understanding that the B1G wanted ASU in all sports, not just hockey which obviously would have meant they leave the PAC which I thought was unlikely unless the B1G had a very substantial $$$$$ in shared revenue to offer?
                        BTW, congrats on the win today, your guys were very excited for the win!

Comment

It was my understanding that the B1G wanted ASU in all sports, not just hockey which obviously would have meant they leave the PAC which I thought was unlikely unless the B1G had a very substantial $$$$$ in shared revenue to offer?
                          BTW, congrats on the win today, your guys were very excited for the win!
                          Yeah, no chance we leave the Pac 12.

Boys were excited after the game. It has been a frustrating stretch so it had to feel good for them. Good luck to you guys as you make your push for postseason!

Comment

I believe it would have to be a package deal with the UofA. The UofA and ASU has always move together when changing conferences: Border Conference, Western Athletic Conference and Pac-12 Conference. And right now both schools seem happy where they are. Even in club Hockey they moved in to the WCHL together. If the UofA were to have a couple of banner years (read as increases in donations because of winning) I am sure they would move to the NCAA, they have use of the Civic Center in Tucson which is a nice venue they share with the minor league Tucson Roadrunners

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                            A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                            Arizona State Class of 1974
                            ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Originally posted by Irishdave View Post
                              I believe it would have to be a package deal with the UofA. The UofA and ASU has always move together when changing conferences: Border Conference, Western Athletic Conference and Pac-12 Conference. And right now both schools seem happy where they are. Even in club Hockey they moved in to the WCHL together. If the UofA were to have a couple of banner years (read as increases in donations because of winning) I am sure they would move to the NCAA, they have use of the Civic Center in Tucson which is a nice venue they share with the minor league Tucson Roadrunners
                              There is no chance Arizona State would move to the Big Ten has a full fledged member. Financially it would make no sense with travel etc. Not to mention the strong ties to the California market.

So for hockey the hopes would be that other Pac12 schools join in, which right now seems unlikely. So ASU needs to find the best fit for them. Not sure where that ends up being since the NCHC and Big Ten have said no. As mentioned before, the arena situation has to be a driving force. Unfortunately, news on the Coyotes deal has not been overly positive.

Comment

... Unfortunately, news on the Coyotes deal has not been overly positive.
                                Actually the talks are still going on about a Coyotes/Sun Devil arena.

It might be a ploy by the Coyotes to get an arena deal from some city in the valley

Proud Grandpa of Haley,Adam & Luke
                                A Retired shop teacher and proud of it (35 years )

OSWEGO STATE Almost class of 1973

OSWEGO STATE LAKERS 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                Oswego, from the Indian Oshwakee, "the flowing out of the waters."
                                Arizona State Class of 1974
                                ASU THE ACHA D1 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                Arizona based on the Pima Indian word arizonac, meaning "little spring place."

Comment

Working...
                                X