This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Norm had long conversation with officials after 2nd period. I wonder if he thought uconn was using delay tactics on face offs after they iced the puck. A lot of uconn centers chased out of the circle all game. A good game. Somewhat of a bounce back. Thompson is a load to handle,but I don't think he brought his A game today.

Comment

Thoroughly disappointing weekend. Not all that surprising unfortunately either against this team.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Thoroughly disappointing weekend. Not all that surprising unfortunately either against this team.
        Any thoughts on the teams play / lineup from the folks that made the trip to Hartford? I watched some of the game online. It looked like the team was off a bit with passing and looked a little helter skelter at times. I did see the big save by Metcalf in the 3rd, that looked like a sure goal. UConn did a nice job all weekend long.

Friday night's game marks the half way point of the season.

Happy Birthday MaryK.

Comment

Happy Birthday Mary!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Any thoughts on the teams play / lineup from the folks that made the trip to Hartford? .
            First off, I think Metcalf was seeing the puck really well. A solid outing by the freshman.
            Campbell, Wilson, Hough line couldn't get much going bu I think that they were out there against the Letunov, Thompson, Freeman line a lot of the time.
            Edwardh, Smith Gamby line was pumping on all cylinders. I believe that they combined for almost half the shots on net (15??).
            Actually liked the Marin, Master, Kamrass line.
            I don't think that the Hausinger, O'Neil, Lohin line hit the net once.
            Overall I give credit to UConn. They clogged the lane much of the game - lots of sticks on pucks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
              First off, I think Metcalf was seeing the puck really well. A solid outing by the freshman.
              Campbell, Wilson, Hough line couldn't get much going bu I think that they were out there against the Letunov, Thompson, Freeman line a lot of the time.
              Edwardh, Smith Gamby line was pumping on all cylinders. I believe that they combined for almost half the shots on net (15??).
              Actually liked the Marin, Master, Kamrass line.
              I don't think that the Hausinger, O'Neil, Lohin line hit the net once.
              Overall I give credit to UConn. They clogged the lane much of the game - lots of sticks on pucks, etc.
              Agreed, especially on the Metcalf point. Kid looked very good. He wasn't flailing around, seemed to be in the right position. First game of his career, on the road (albeit not what you'd call a hostile environment in anyway), he played really well.

Campbell is busting his *** out there, he really just needs to score a couple and get going. He's doing everything right except finding the net at this point.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Happy Birthday Mary!
                Thank you, Les and Bob!

Comment

Uconn posted highlights this morning. They stole a page from the Notre Dame playbook and decided to only show the UConn goals:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfbvsr29SvE

I think Metcalf's save in the 3rd that boblav1 is referring to is around the 59 second mark. Not sure these clips are in order as the second UConn goal happened at the end of the 2nd and before that save happened (unless of course I am mis-remembering )

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
                    I'm sure the Hawks will see more of the same this weekend against Merrimack. The Warriors really shut the Hawks down last season in the two ties. The Hawks really struggled to generate any offense only managing 2 goals on 33 shots in the two games.

Comment

BC defeated NU again tonight 5-3. Impressive start by the Eagles. First place in HE at 8-0-1.

Comment

Another potentially disastrous weekend looms ahead against Merrimack. Can't have a repeat of last weekend vs UConn but unfortunately the recent past shows that Merrimack will probably be a tough two games. Hoping that Fuddruckers on Saturday won't be the highlight of the weekend.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

BC defeated NU again tonight 5-3. Impressive start by the Eagles. First place in HE at 8-0-1.
                          Yeah, they're basically running away with Hockey East this year. Almost halfway through the league schedule and they've only conceded one point.

Comment

Article from the Sun with feature on Joey G. and a weekend preview:
                            http://www.lowellsun.com/news/ci_30642404

A couple of interesting tidbits at the end. Apparently Lowell is the first team in D-1 history to have 4 different goalies see action in a season. Also coach says the latest recruit, Cole Paskus, may come in next season.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              Another potentially disastrous weekend looms ahead against Merrimack. Can't have a repeat of last weekend vs UConn but unfortunately the recent past shows that Merrimack will probably be a tough two games. Hoping that Fuddruckers on Saturday won't be the highlight of the weekend.
                              Hopefully the new third jersey will bring the team luck Friday night.

3rd JERSEY: As part of the celebration of 50 years of UMass Lowell hockey the River Hawks will, tonight, unveil a third jersey. The design is based on the uniform worn by the Lowell Tech teams of the early 1970s.

Comment

Hopefully the new third jersey will bring the team luck Friday night.
                                Well it would be nice if we had a third/fourth jersey we could win games in. Not sure Merrimack is the opponent I would test a jersey against though.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X