X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Chad Ruhwedel has been recalled by the Penguins again, and this time it looks as though he will play:
    Congratulations to Chad on scoring his first NHL goal tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0aS3L5XcAAfz6R.jpg
    Last edited by boblav1; 12-24-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Congratulations to Chad on scoring his first NHL goal tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0aS3L5XcAAfz6R.jpg
      Video here.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone heading to Dartmouth for Friday/Saturday? Hoping the extended rest was good for the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
          Anyone heading to Dartmouth for Friday/Saturday? Hoping the extended rest was good for the Team.
          Two of us are heading up for Friday and three of us on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
            i'm going up at least friday
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
              i'm going up at least friday
              C u. There

Comment

2 players left the Merrimack program over break. They emailed the coach to let him know they were leaving. Weird.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Weekend Preview.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    2 players left the Merrimack program over break. They emailed the coach to let him know they were leaving. Weird.
                    Foget heading to the USHL.

‏@MarkDivver
                    Mathieu Foget added to @BLMThunder roster. '97 F left @MerrimackMIH this week. @USHL

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Yes, sizes in stock today were S, M, and a couple 3XLs and 4XLs. That's it and will be the first and only time they'll be available for sale in the store according to them. Not a regular product and only available for a limited time. What they have in stock is all they'll have. So get them while you can!
                      When I got mine around lunch today there was 1 small, about 10 mediums and 1 4 XL
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Is anyone else watching the stream? The play by play guy thinks Sean Cleary is in net, when its really Tyler Wall. Its amusing.

Comment

Lowell dominated for much of the game although some rust was evident. Kapla continues to take dumb penalties and appears to be suffering from Chapie-itis which is prone to occur when you're the senior captain. A late surge by Colgate made the last few minutes interesting but Lowell hung on.

At various points you could see Lowell was just toying with them in the offensive zone, cycling the puck at will but unfortunately trying to set up that perfect shot. There were some nice passes and set ups that just barely didn't connect but again overall Lowell controlled play for much of the game.

And a nice contingent of Lowell fans were in attendance as well, good to see, while there were probably just a handful of Colgate fans as evidenced when they scored, not a lot of noise in contrast to Lowell's goals. The rest of the crowd was made up of Dartmouth locals and even more were arriving near the end of the game so I'm imagining a pretty decent crowd was on hand for the 7:00 game.

Finally a special shout out to the Dartmouth female fan sitting several rows below us who glared up and commented on our "who cares?" when Colgate was being introduced, minus the added "you $uck!" that the UML students add that really would've set her off. My guess is Dartmouth games are usually overseen by Roberts Rules of Order or some sort of Miss Manners Ivy League protocols so this fan must not be used to college hockey atmosphere (she'd love it at Amherst amidst those fans!). It really is the perfect rink for yelling out stuff at players or refs as you'd hear it far and wide in there...might be worth a trip back tomorrow just to irritate her.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

And it looks like the Dartmouth-Army game ended in a 2-2 tie with Dartmouth winning in a shootout. So Lowell gets Dartmouth in the late game tomorrow.

Who's heading up tomorrow?
                            Last edited by riverchief1; 12-30-2016, 08:50 PM.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              And it looks like the Dartmouth-Army game ended in a 2-2 tie with Dartmouth winning in a shootout. So Lowell gets Dartmouth in the late game tomorrow.

Who's heading up tomorrow?
                              We'll (myself and pesky) will be up. I'll do the full chant them, I can still can look like an undergrad
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                We'll (myself and pesky) will be up. I'll do the full chant them, I can still can look like an undergrad
                                Nah, just the "who cares?" will suffice I think.

What sections are people in? Maybe we should try to consolidate and concentrate the UML fans.

Game highlights here.
                                Last edited by riverchief1; 12-30-2016, 09:02 PM.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X