X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Id doubt anything else happens considering he was given the misconduct and the gate. Just hope the ref wants to call embellishment as much as he did our game
    He is officially suspended for tonight's game.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      Any word on this? Merrimack heading out there tonight, and anything that helps their cause is a good thing!
      Just saw this on Twitter.
      ‏@USCHO Hockey East hands down one-game suspension to UMass' Ray Pigozzi for boarding penalty
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Just saw this on Twitter.
        Hockey East press release:
        http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...2/feb14hea.php

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          I called that one a few days ago. This hit on Panico definitely warranted Pigboy being suspended a game.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            I called that one a few days ago. This hit on Panico definitely warranted Pigboy being suspended a game.
            Do they hand out spot DQs anymore or is it policy to let it go to league review?
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              Do they hand out spot DQs anymore or is it policy to let it go to league review?
              I recently spoke with a Hockey East ref and he had told me that head of hockey east officiating will review all questionable plays and make the ruling on suspensions.

Comment

They allowed it when we did the throwbacks against Maine.
                The throwbacks against Maine didn't have removable nameplates, these do.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  Yes I would be very wary of them going forward

Their chief recruiter is Ben Barr. His resume--had a hand in recruiting players for Union's national championship team, major role in recruiting all but 3 players on PC national championship, 3 years getting talent to build what is top 10 Western Michigan
                  Another '00 commits to UMass, Matt MacDougall.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Another '00 commits to UMass, Matt MacDougall.
                    And again I'm amazed that they continue to stockpile recruits with that dumpy facility and program that is lacking all tradition, legacy, and atmosphere. Still convinced that some sort of bait and switch is being employed where somehow said recruits think they're going to Lowell but somehow end up on the Titanic (oh sorry, "flagship").

On a serious note though, it may just be Bazin believes more so in quality over quantity in that he only targets certain types of player that fit the Lowell mold. No complaints at all over the past several years as whatever he's doing is working. And it appears we've picked up a few really good quality recruits in coming years like Kerner and a few others (really looking forward to seeing the 6-5 Evingson on D coming in). Just would like to see a few more bodies as he seems to cut it close to the minimum needed to restock each year.
                    Last edited by riverchief1; 02-14-2017, 08:59 PM.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Scanlon with a piece on our defensemen scoring points, and also a note about whether or not we will see Panico this weekend.
                      Monty

Comment

Now this is fantastic news. And well deserved!

Legendary UMass Lowell coach Riley announced as Hobey Baker Legend of College Hockey honoree
                        Monty

Comment

Good for him!

In your face to Maaaaaaatty, the player who screwed Riley over after he was disciplined (can't remember his name. Remember he transferred to Merrimack and our guys regularly checked him to oblivion when ever we played them). And an even bigger in your face to our AD at the time who went on the witch hunt, causing him to step down.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Good for him!

In your face to Maaaaaaatty, the player who screwed Riley over after he was disciplined (can't remember his name. Remember he transferred to Merrimack and our guys regularly checked him to oblivion when ever we played them). And an even bigger in your face to our AD at the time who went on the witch hunt, causing him to step down.
                            Yes, this is great! Hopefully in addition to honoring the seniors on February 24, they also bring Riley out on to the ice for a bow too. There will be a huge crowd that night and better then than during a home playoff game where attendance always drops for some reason.

Oh c'mon, you don't remember Matt Hayes? Every time he hit the ice during his two seasons at Merrimack after he left Lowell, the "Maaaaaaaatys" would rain down on him and I did delight in how the Lowell players always checked him hard to no end. Somehow he was actually the 7th round pick (135 overall) of the Blues in the 1988 NHL draft but he only scored 13 total points in four college hockey seasons (really pathetic) and was never heard from again thankfully.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              Yes, this is great! Hopefully in addition to honoring the seniors on February 24, they also bring Riley out on to the ice for a bow too. There will be a huge crowd that night and better then than during a home playoff game where attendance always drops for some reason.

Oh c'mon, you don't remember Matt Hayes? Every time he hit the ice during his two seasons at Merrimack after he left Lowell, the "Maaaaaaaatys" would rain down on him and I did delight in how the Lowell players always checked him hard to no end. He was actually the 7th round pick (135 overall) of the Blues in the 1988 NHL draft for some reason as he only scored 13 total points in four college hockey seasons (really pathetic) and was never heard from again thankfully.
                              I remember the taunting of the crowd that got louder every time he hit the ice and him being hit as hard as possible at every opportunity (opportunities were made, if I recall, sometimes instead of going after the puck ). I just couldn't remember the ba5tard's name.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                I remember the taunting of the crowd that got louder every time he hit the ice and him being hit as hard as possible at every opportunity (opportunities were made, if I recall, sometimes instead of going after the puck ). I just couldn't remember the ba5tard's name.
                                Yeah, he sucked and we hated him. Not a very good player and could never understand how a draft pick was wasted on him.

Forgot about how the players would sometimes just level him, ignoring the puck. That was funny to see.
                                Last edited by riverchief1; 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X