X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Seriously? Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit. We saw a replay from the opposite side as it took place down below in front of us and I couldn't believe the impact Panico took into the boards with his neck and head recoiling back. Plus Pigboy was standing up in the box like he knew the ejection was going to happen and then puts on a little Joey Diamond show as he exited the ice.

Love to hear more from the Amherst fans but they hide, what few of them there are, on that message board site and haven't shown their faces here in years. Looks like I have to go on Twitter to find and troll them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-L_gX0xNgM

Just in case anyone needs a smile: Bobby Robins just rearranging Joey Diamond's kisser back in 2013 (PBruins vs SoundTigers)
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      I don't think you can judge Carvel yet. He wasn't left much in the cupboard. His recruiting is really good so far.
      Maybe. But Michelletto brought in talent too. Everyone's belief was Michelletto couldn't maximize his talent, carvel is doing worse
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        Maybe. But Michelletto brought in talent too. Everyone's belief was Michelletto couldn't maximize his talent, carvel is doing worse
        Or recognize talent inherited (see Boyle, Kevin).

Amherst is just a dumpster fire anyway, both figuratively and literally.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

We'll see about Amherst I guess. I have a feeling they won't be quite the easy W as they have been in the past. With Makar coming in, a couple of others that have played on US U-18 or U-16 teams ... we'll see.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We'll see about Amherst I guess. I have a feeling they won't be quite the easy W as they have been in the past. With Makar coming in, a couple of others that have played on US U-18 or U-16 teams ... we'll see.
            Yes I would be very wary of them going forward

Their chief recruiter is Ben Barr. His resume--had a hand in recruiting players for Union's national championship team, major role in recruiting all but 3 players on PC national championship, 3 years getting talent to build what is top 10 Western Michigan
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              Got some of that on Twitter last night, especially with the 5min major. Some claiming it was clearly a hit from the side. I just shook my head. I think they probably have a beef with the CJ Smith hook on the SH breakaway, I didn't think that one was anywhere near as egregious as the embellishment of the trip in the third. He acted like he was shot from a cannon on that one.
              That second embellishment call was huge. Amherst would have had a 5 on 3 PP for over a minute in a tied game if that call wasn't made. The game was a little too close for comfort for me. The Hawks had plenty of chances to break it open early but couldn't convert. Hopefully they take care of business much earlier Saturday night.

No post game show on WCAP? I got to the car and they were playing music instead of the post game show.

50th Anniversary Jerseys auction.

Comment

Tyler Wall named Hockey East Rookie of the Week for the second time this season. Not a bad freshman season, only needs two wins to tie Connor Hellebuyck's freshman record of 20 wins in 2012-2013.

Lowell moves up to 6th from 9th in the USCHO poll this week and is also 6th in the USA Today poll, up from 10. And holding steady at 9th in the all-important pairwise after being dangerously close on the bubble a week or so ago.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 02-13-2017, 07:32 PM.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  $275 starting bid and no name plate? No thank you. Stupid NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    $275 starting bid and no name plate? No thank you. Stupid NCAA rules.
                    Agreed. Have to pay a small fortune for the jersey and then pay to get the player's nameplate reproduced somewhere. Not worth it.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

totally agree because its going to cost over $500 for a jersey are they nuts.

Comment

Agreed. Have to pay a small fortune for the jersey and then pay to get the player's nameplate reproduced somewhere. Not worth it.
                        this must be a new thing because game worn jerseys (w names) have been allowed by NCAA rules in the past
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          this must be a new thing because game worn jerseys (w names) have been allowed by NCAA rules in the past
                          They allowed it when we did the throwbacks against Maine.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Seriously? Pigozzi might be facing additional league discipline for that hit.....
                            Any word on this? Merrimack heading out there tonight, and anything that helps their cause is a good thing!
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              Any word on this? Merrimack heading out there tonight, and anything that helps their cause is a good thing!
                              Id doubt anything else happens considering he was given the misconduct and the gate. Just hope the ref wants to call embellishment as much as he did our game
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

They allowed it when we did the throwbacks against Maine.
                                I know, but I remember the relevant code in bylaw that allows it. Maybe they consider the nameplates temporary?

They may have also updated things after the obannon and similar cases went through
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X