Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Re: 2016/2016 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by LTI Alum View Post
    For Stat geeks like me, please answer this. Why was Metcalf credited with a win at Dartmouth, when he was pulled at 3-3. Wall came in to save things and was in for the game winning goal? Metcalf 30:26 minutes, Wall 29:34 minutes.
    Then, why was Hernberg credited with a Loss at Notre Dame when he came in to mop up for Wall who had started and gave up 4 goals? Wall 48:22, Hernberg 11:36. It seems to me that Wall should have one more win and one more loss..
    Wall was credited with both of those. http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/stat...s17.php?umlm29
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by LTI Alum View Post
    For Stat geeks like me, please answer this. Why was Metcalf credited with a win at Dartmouth, when he was pulled at 3-3. Wall came in to save things and was in for the game winning goal? Metcalf 30:26 minutes, Wall 29:34 minutes.
    Then, why was Hernberg credited with a Loss at Notre Dame when he came in to mop up for Wall who had started and gave up 4 goals? Wall 48:22, Hernberg 11:36. It seems to me that Wall should have one more win and one more loss..
    What source are you using for your box scores? According to Hockey East Wall was given a Loss in that Notre Dame game and the win at Dartmouth.

ND box
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mndmuml1.n18
    Dartmouth box
    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mdaruml1.d31

Edit: Scott beat me to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Lowell up to fifth in pairwise. They seem to have turned it around after the UConn weekend which I think served as a wake up call. A sweep of Providence this coming weekend is much needed to stay within striking distance of BC but also to hopefully create some separation, or at least stay with, the logjam of teams in 2-7 place in the standings.

Should be a great crowd Friday with the students back too.
    Lowell finishes NC play with an 8-2-2 record. Not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    What source are you using for your box scores? According to Hockey East Wall was given a Loss in that Notre Dame game and the win at Dartmouth.

ND box
    Dartmouth box

The riverbank official website, via USCHO, had Wall at 13-3 in the Stats section. I guess they are wrong, which makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post

ND box
    Dartmouth box

On the USCHO national stats page, Wall sits at 7th in country with a 1.89 GAA and a 14-4-1 record. Not too shabby for the freshman. In nine of his wins, he's got one shutout and only given up one goal in each of the other eight.

With that though, that was lazy puck play behind the net last night that led to Amherst's lone goal.

Meanwhile over on that UMass hoops message board hockey thread (since all the Amherst fans have disappeared from USCHO), very little of substance on the game. Usually it's very entertaining to read the blather about "flagship this" and "flagship that" related to Lowell.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 01-15-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Quote Originally Posted by riverchief1 View Post
    On the USCHO national stats page, Wall sits at 7th in country with a 1.89 GAA and a 14-4-1 record. Not too shabby for the freshman. In nine of his wins, he's got one shutout and only given up one goal in each of the other eight.

With that though, that was lazy puck play behind the net last night that led to Amherst's lone goal.
    As Norm mentioned, it wasn't exactly their "A" game last night. They'll need to play much better against Providence.

They dominated the game (shots 37-15 I think). I'll take win #7 in a row overall.

But the schedule gets a lot tougher next weekend.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    They dominated the game (shots 37-15 I think). I'll take win #7 in a row overall.

But the schedule gets a lot tougher next weekend.
    Big games big teams need wins

This is the 8th winning streak of 7+ games in Lowell's D1 history, and the 4th one in the last 5 seasons. It's the 3rd unbeaten streak of 8+ games in the school's D1 history, and the 3rd one in the last 5 seasons.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Lowell moves up to #5 in this week's rankings, garnering two #1 votes. I don't particularly care ... but I am impressed that Penn State is the #1 team in the country currently. Not bad for a program that just started this decade!
    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Lowell moves up to #5 in this week's rankings, garnering two #1 votes. I don't particularly care ... but I am impressed that Penn State is the #1 team in the country currently. Not bad for a program that just started this decade!
    Long live papa joe

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Long live papa joe
    Personally, I'm glad he's long gone.
    Monty

After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    After Saturday's game at Providence, Lowell likely will not have to leave the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for a game until the NCAA tourney - 2 months from now.
    We have to do a lot of winning between then and now for that as much as I'd like to think a first round bye is in the bag

Looks like Frozen Fenway will be back again. Since Lowell was one of 4 teams that wasn't involved this time, we'll probably be involved next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bertagna
    So despite critics, most of whom not active participants in these events, we (Hockey East) will work with the Red Sox to do this again and give more players and families the chance to experience and enjoy it.

Looks like Frozen Fenway will be back again. Since Lowell was one of 4 teams that wasn't involved this time, we'll probably be involved next time.
    Originally Posted by Joe Bertagna
    So despite critics, most of whom not active participants in these events, we (Hockey East) will work with the Red Sox to do this again and give more players and families the chance to experience and enjoy it.
    Not sure what Kool-aid he has been drinking. The ice always sucks, they have had all sorts of weather issues, and the sight lines are abominable.

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Not sure what Kool-aid he has been drinking. The ice always sucks, they have had all sorts of weather issues, and the sight lines are abominable.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to leswp1 again."

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    👍👍👍👍👍

Congrats to Lowell's Wuilito Fernandes on becoming the first player from Lowell to be selected in the MLS Draft. He was chosen in the Third Round by Dallas.
    Monty

No. not if the school has any self-respect

Thread Information