Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    While I hate the Blackhawks it is cool seeing Tanner out there and hearing his name called in the Winter Classic.
    Looked good too! Got a lot of ice time, killed penalties, a few shots and on in the last couple of minutes with empty net.
    Hope he can stay for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by foser View Post
      Is it too early to get excited about watching the Huskies on TV two weeks in a row (with the sound off and Dirk keeping me company, of course)? Two independent sources indicate the ND series will be on NBCSN.
      Both games are listed on NBCSN

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        Both games are listed on NBCSN
        It's on my TV Guide and the DVR has been set. Nice surprise. Hopefully the athletic department gets the word out so fans will watch across the country. Not often we'll see Tech on a more mainstream channel and national broadcast like this.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

I don't have cable, I don't get to watch it.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            I don't have cable, I don't get to watch it.
            But with a channel as common as NBCSN, you could hit up Buffalo Wild Wings and have them turn on the game and grab some wings!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              A little late the the party on this one, been a busy week since this got posted. The latest Recruiting Grounds is out and this time I breakdown the NAHL which has produced a ton of Michigan Tech's fan favorites over the last 25 years:
              Recruiting Grounds: NAHL
              Nice work on the write up!

Comment

Playing with the pairwise customizer thru next weekend I put all of the current leaders in the pairwise winning their games against their opponents except for tech sweeping Notre Dame. In that scenario Tech moves up to 15. Unlikely but whats wrong with dreaming a little.

Comment

https://***********/collegehockey/st...08166567837696
                  "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

I'll have to check but I wonder if they are counting Leibinger as D in that tally?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Nice that the defensemen are scoring but the forwards better get going if they want any chance of extended post season play.
                      I was listening to Andy Murray's post game interview after Westerns GLI win and he mentioned mental toughness of his team thanks to some Dr. on staff. Sounds like he might be a sports psychologist. Does Tech have any kind of shrink on staff? Maybe the forwards need a little psych help!
                      I recall an interview Dirk had with Petan when he started to score more frequently after a slow start. Alex said how Shuchuck told him he needed to just go out and have fun. I think Heinonen and Lesperance may feel so much pressure to perform that it's working against them. They need to get oUT there and have some fun.
                      Can't remember the last time I saw one of those creative, wow moves from Lesperance that we saw his first 2 seasons. Seeing very little creativity. Lot of decent battles but no power moves. I think Heinonen problem is he is lacking a setup man and is trying to do too much on his own; also not having much fun.
                      Last edited by rustedblades; 01-03-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        Nice that the defensemen are scoring but the forwards better get going if they want any chance of extended post season play.
                        I was listening to Andy Murray's post game interview after Westerns GLI win and he mentioned mental toughness of his team thanks to some Dr. on staff. Sounds like he might be a sports psychologist. Does Tech have any kind of shrink on staff? Maybe the forwards need a little psych help!
                        I recall an interview Dirk had with Petan when he started to score more frequently after a slow start. Alex said how Shuchuck told him he needed to just go out and have fun. I think Heinonen and Lesperance may feel so much pressure to perform that it's working against them. They need to get oUT there and have some fun.
                        Can't remember the last time I saw one of those creative, wow moves from Lesperance that we saw his first 2 seasons. Seeing very little creativity. Lot of decent battles but no power moves. I think Heinonen problem is he is lacking a setup man and is trying to do too much on his own; also not having much fun.
                        I think the team puts more pressure on itself during GLI. It is their tourney and the want to win it so bad. I think it is a psycho thing too. Relax a little, make the game fun, and just play your game.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          Sounds like he might be a sports psychologist. Does Tech have any kind of shrink on staff? Maybe the forwards need a little psych help!
                          As a certified crazy person:

1. A psychiatrist is often referred to as a shrink. They can prescribe drugs. Psychologists cannot (they needn't have a Ph.D or Psy.D).
                          2. Psychologists can be great for most anyone, whether or not they think that they need it.
                          3. I see one of each!

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

" Maybe the forwards need a little psych help!"

Are you sure you don't mean physics help?

Comment

http://mihockeynow.com/2017/01/recru...michigan-tech/

A new Recruit.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                yup, the list keeps growing. I was hoping my article would get out this morning before you guys noticed.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X