Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    well. darn. I'm >this< close to getting the mister to taking me to NYC to see Hamilton. He mentioned taking the train to Philly after for the Frozen Four. I think he was a little too optimistic.
    Frozen Four is in Chicago...
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Come out in the 3rd and immediately give Mankato a PP.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Powerplay is pathetic here in the 3rd as wel, 0-3 for sure and for some reason seeing 0-4 after tomorrow.

Comment

We look pathetic period again. If this team finishes at .500 it'll be an absolute miracle.

Comment

Pathetic, nothing more to say.

Comment

Well we lost some key face-offs even though we won a majority of them. the PP wasn't good overall. In the third late we had a absolutely golden opportunity with puck laying there in the crease and the goalie out, but our player overskated the puck and we had no shot on net. I didn't think our goaltending was very good, especially in the first period, but it got better as the game went on.
              It's real hard to use your depth when you don't play 5 x 5.
              I thought their defense was better than ours and their pp was better.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                Frozen Four is in Chicago...
                uh. oh. well. just a longer train ride. I thought it was in Philly this year.

that might mess up my chance at seeing Hamilton.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

One thing that gets me is Mel keeps saying it's early in the season etc etc, but guess what, it's early in the season for the other team too and they managed to take care of a lot of things we couldn't.

Our PP in the 3rd period was just flat out horrendous, couldn't win a face-off, couldn't hold a puck in the zone, couldn't get any shots. We really need to work on our PP big time.

Comment

bummer. even tMel sounded discouraged. but tomorrow is another day. all is not lost yet.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Fark it. Burger time.

https://youtu.be/Q16KpquGsIc
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Need a win tomorrow, relax everybody!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                          Need a win tomorrow, relax everybody!!
                          agree. still very early in the season.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            This sums it up, the penalty calls weren't bad calls, but they were calling any and every penalty they could, it's the points of emphasis issue like usual.
                            It was called very tight by the WCHA crew in Green Bay for NMU/Wisconsin as well. 9 of the 17 penalties called were for hooking. It seems that if you impede the opponent in any way with the stick, it's hooking. A few years ago, it was "obstruction" that was the thing.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well thinking about last night, MSU took advantage of hhitting on a couple of opportunities and then survived with an outstanding goalie performance from Huggins.
                              Tech consistently won the battles on the walls and generated a lot of offense on the rush the final two periods. L'Esperance, Heinonen, and Jackson all with breakaways, but boy would cashing on just one of them made a big difference. I think tonight's key will be the start, Tech has Birks and Anderson at their disposal. I expect Anderson to play, Mitch Reinke is too good to ever take out of the lineup.
                              Hoping it all comes together tonight.

Comment

Maybe it's time for some forward line shuffling. I think moving Lesperance with Heinonen and Steman may give Tech a potential strong scoring line. Heinonen & Lesperance were a strong combo last season and Steman & Lesperance had a good freshman season playing together.
                                Got to try something. 3 games with the same 3 top lines has not worked. Also need to make power play changes. Power play has been pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X