Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    We didn't deserve it, we looked like shit and got what we deserved.
    Nope. Pearson has taken the program a long way but these missed opportunities are getting **** old.
    Beat em' Beat em' MTU!!!
    Northern Sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      We didn't deserve it, we looked like shit and got what we deserved.
      Beef deserved it.

Comment

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH.... 2016-17 season. The 96th season of Hockey.

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Beef deserved it.
        I agree with that, but the team as a whole certainly didn't.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Again, I don't know what the issue is with our powerplay (or offense overall), but we'd have likely won if it were converting.

On to Notre Dame. Even with the Irish departing HEA, I expect home cooking with the officiating, just like the last time we were in South Bend. If they can't score, we're boned.

Comment

We've played 24 games this season, and only two forwards have more than 4 goals. Zero goals from our forwards in this tournament. Do they have any offensive abilities at all?

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              We've played 24 games this season, and only two forwards have more than 4 goals. Zero goals from our forwards in this tournament. Do they have any offensive abilities at all?
              I truly don't understand it, I honestly thought Heinonen would follow in Kero and Petan's footsteps and put up a career senior season but he has be an absolute black hole out there, just nothing. The only reason we are looking as good as we have is because of beef and our defense which has played up to or better than expectations after that terrible start. If even one one of those spots slips slightly we're going to be in a world of hurt with this lack of offense.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Just really had a bad feeling as WMU had more jump in OT.

Mel's post game with Dave Ellis:
                Good hockey game, tough, needed a bounce or a break
                Not a lot of Grade A chances
                Haven't practiced 5x3 in a month. Didn't look good.
                Didn't have a sense of urgency on PP all game
                Told Angus he did a fantastic job.
                Seniors are disappointed.
                Tough schedule.
                Guys have done a good job without Baltus, Steman and Reinke.
                Great fans and support.

Comment

A win could've continued the momentum and jumpstarted a great second half. Now, I'm concerned. This team HAS to figure out how to put pucks in the net. I'd be less worried if it was a 4-3 OT loss, but 1-0 is just unacceptable.

Comment

They played not to lose in this one. They've played better this year that is for sure. Wish they had played a little looser. They just seemed a little tight.
                    No one seemed to want to be the hero and take control.
                    Great game by Beef. That leg in the air save should make ESPN highlights of the night.
                    Make a fresh start at Little Caesars Arena next year.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

In fairness to Tyler he needs to be the finisher, I can count on one hand how many times he has been setup for his shot. Just my opinion, but we need to take our guys with offensive upside, put them together and form 2 scoring lines. Should have shortened the bench in OT, probably should have went 3 lines max tonight in OT.

Heinonen Lucchini Jackson
                      Gould Smith L' Esperance
                      Gillies Steman GerrIe
                      Beretta Neville Sturos

Time to give Pedersen, Brice, and Anderson a look.

So disappointing to miss an opportunity, but Western was flying through the neutral zone all night, The Tech D and Beef are to be commended.
                      Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-30-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                        They played not to lose in this one. They've played better this year that is for sure. Wish they had played a little looser. They just seemed a little tight.
                        No one seemed to want to be the hero and take control.
                        Great game by Beef. That leg in the air save should make ESPN highlights of the night.
                        Make a fresh start at Little Caesars Arena next year.
                        I thought our guys worked their butts off but Wmu was really good with sticks in the way, very big and able to muscle us in our end. Some of the time we could dominate play by moving the puck quickly and not allowing them to get the forecheck set up.
                        I thought the freshmen played ok but they still have a way to go.
                        In my mind we ran out of gas before wmu did and in the OT, they were gaining the zone easier, and getting a few more looks they weren't getting earlier in the game. I thought that was the difference.
                        Redmond was very good. and L'esperance was also. We really missed having leibinger up front. And we had a fairly small line up out there, though compared to Wmu everyone is small.There were times when we went off for a change we did not hustle to get off and I think that hurt us some. the pp wasn't good but the pk was excellent.
                        Also I have a question for shirtless. this game went way past the 5 minute overtime that is the normal OT, and at that point it was still a tie. Why is it that it's considered a loss for pairwise purposes.
                        Last edited by manurespreader; 12-30-2016, 10:18 PM.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It's good to play teams of this caliber and next week is very important. I think we will get better because of this game.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Still disappointing for Western to take our tourney from Tech 2/3, I.e., they win when they get the privilege to play.
                            BG next year, will UM reload, will State get it going, HNY Tech fans.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Also I have a question for shirtless. this game went way past the 5 minute overtime that is the normal OT, and at that point it was still a tie. Why is it that it's considered a loss for pairwise purposes.
                              I suspect they'll adjust it correctly in a day or two. It's kind of an odd duck
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                If a game has unlimited overtime, then the end result stands. They don't count conference playoff games as ties if they go into extended overtime, so it doesn't make sense for other games with the same format.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X